We are Nemesis

Home Forums Kat + Seferia RolePlay Roleplay Forum The Nemesari We are Nemesis

Viewing 25 posts - 726 through 750 (of 1,674 total)
  • Author
    Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *doesn’t say anything, but frowns and lowers his head, shuffling away from her. His thoughts immediately run into the subject of negligence, and he thinks that his children will end up hating him because he won’t spend enough time with them, or will end up doing something wrong*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia: Hmm.. *ponders over all the stories of self-doubt that she’s heard that humans go through when they first learn that they are going to be a parent. Considering over stories such as males who think they are not fit to be fathers, she determines that Sephiroth’s doubts are just natural for humans and nothing to be concerned over* Sephiroth, you will have plenty of time to adjust to your new role. You need not worry so much. *looks over at him* I should also state that dragon chicks can hear the outside world through their eggs. So, if you want to bond with them by speaking to them or whatnot, you will.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *frowns at her words, slowly raising his head as he considers her statement and thoughts* They can hear us? *glances over at the eggs* You just laid them, I wouldn’t think that their hearing has developed yet. *thinks about how long it takes for humans to develop, then shakes his head* We won’t see those hatchlings for near a year, right?

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia: *narrows her eyes as she considers Sephiroth’s words. She then glances over at the eggs* Yes, I suppose you are right about that. They are much too underdeveloped to hear us now. I suppose.. I’m not exactly a biologist or anything of the sort. *shakes her head* I just know that the elder dragons have indicated that it is favorable to communicate with the hatchlings even before they are born. *Shrugs then nods* Yes, It’ll be a bit more than a human gestation period now.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *nods his head* I’ll talk to them if nobody else is watching me. *thinks that the idea is rather silly, but doesn’t comment on this. He also ponders whether or not it’s really the best idea for him to be raising them, then shakes his head* Hmm, maybe they would be better off in somebody else’s care…

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia: *slowly shakes her head then glances over at Sephiroth* Considering that you decided to double-check the clutch for any other fertile eggs on your own out of your own concern, I think your doubts are just fears. You proved with just that much that you are capable of the level of concern needed, Sephiroth. *thinks for a moment then reaches over to gently stoke his hair, thought it’s more of a petting motion that a cat would enjoy than a rubbing motion that humans are used to* I think you’ll be fine, once you adjust.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *responds to the petting of his hair by quietening down quite a bit. He still slowly shakes his head and sighs, grunting* I hope that you are right, Seferia. Right now, things just look like one giant disaster. I don’t think this is going to end well, no matter how you look at it.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia: *allows herself a grin as she notices that she did indeed make the right decision by choosing to pet Seph. She then frowns at his continued doubts. However, she decides that Seph has only known that he has offspring for only a few days, so his fears and cold feet are forgivable* Sephiroth, I think you need to have a more open mind on this matter. Does being with me like this now feel like it is a disaster, hm?

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: It’s not a disaster… but in regards to how others will react, it is likely to be a neverending source of annoyance. For the both of us. *sighs at her* You should go back to sleep. I’m going to have to bicker with the others for my rations soon enough. *begins thinking of the average-quality food he gets, and how much he has to hassle the caretakers if he wants any sweet fruits*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia: *softly chuckles at Seph’s concerns about what others would say. She then shakes her head* What others say is of no concern to me. Their words are below me and do not inflict any damage at all. It is solely you who is becoming annoyed by the words. *her humor vanishes as he mentions his rations. She then snorts and coldly states* I can have it arranged that your rations be delivered here from now on, Sephiroth, along with mine. With your status, I will have no difficulty insuring that you get the fruits that you prefer.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *slowly moves over to the doorway of the tent, peering outside* When does your delivery come? I’ve been here more than long enough and I’ve never seen it. *frowns* I need more than fruits, also. I just like them.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia: My metabolism is much slower than a humans, so I only have a delivery come by once a week. It comes at about 3:30 pm on the day that is commonly referred to as Thursday. *Shrugs* I am simply saying you can have a similar situation set up. You do not need your rations to be delivered solely once a week. Unless you prefer just having one large delivery. *begins pondering which option would indeed be easier for Sephiroth. She also ponders trying a spell that she never really did test. It would be a means of growing plants and vegetation in inhabitable climates such as the cave* Perhaps we can grow your own fruits so you don’t need to negotiate…

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: Good luck growing an orange tree in here. If you grow it from a seedling, you might have a snack in about ten to twelve years. Same with the mango tree. It’s easier just to barter work for food, like I already do now on a day to day basis. I can see sense in you having your food delivered – especially if you are tired and need rest. But me… I am a soldier. I would rarely be here to receive an order. It is more convenient for me to obtain my own food.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia: There are spells to speed up the growing process as well, Sephiroth. There have been times of drought and famine in the past, so dragons and other spell casters did strive to make spells that would help provide food.. *glances at his small pile of trash then stands up and moves toward it, wondering if he still has a seed or two from his fruits in there* Also, Sephiroth, I think you might find that with the hatchlings, you’ll be here quite a bit.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: If they’re not elsewhere. I don’t know what I’m going to do with them right now. *ponders Seferia’s earlier comments on his genetic markers being good, and her comments that he wouldn’t necessarily have to raise any children. He then ponders how much such children would get in the way of normal operations and base defense*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia: You do not need to have all the answers right now, Sephiroth. For now, you can consider your situation for several more months. *continues looking through his trash pile then pulls out a few seeds from the left-overs of fruits that he had eaten recently. She examines them and once again considers the spells that she’s learned about but never actually tried since she is a carnivore* It’s worth a try…

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: If you want to cultivate food from my trash, I’d suggest doing it outside the tent so that everybody else may benefit. I don’t want a food tree all to myself. *moves to his feet and momentarily stretches, yawning. He then peers out of the tent, pondering a good spot to begin planting such trees* I don’t know if they would grow in here without many nuturing spells…

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia: *slowly shakes her head at Sephiroth’s statements* I do not even know if this is going to work, Sephiroth. I have never tried it before. *moves toward the back area where she had laid the eggs earlier* If this proves effective, then I’ll see about doing it for the masses.. *looks around then picks a spot to begins planting the seeds*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *frowns* I still think you should plant them outside of the tent. The others in the base are going to start hassling me about favouritism if you put them in here. **sighs at her* I hope it works, though. The fruit supply in this area is dropping lower every day. I’m lucky if I can get three pieces of it in any given week. And vegetable and plant matter is supposed to constitute at least half of my daily food intake.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia: *is not quite inside the tent, but in an area of the cave that is hidden by her tent. She glances back toward Sephiroth then shakes her head* This is not necessarily about favoritism. For now, this is about knowing whether or not it is even feasible. I keep on telling you, I’ve never tested this spell before. *frowns* Personally, I’ve had no reason to. I’m a carnivore. My queen was a carnivore. None of the ones close to me ate fruits. *finishes planting the various seeds then begins casting spells over them to make them both grow under circumstances that would normally kill them, such as the cave, and grow quickly. She then stands up*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *peers his head out of the tent to watch Seferia work* I had to emphasise the favouritism thing so it wouldn’t occur. *sighs* You understand, right? *thinks about the camp’s dumping point for the contents of the latrines* I know of a place where you can get more seeds and fertilizer if you are really interested in cultivating more plants.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia: *straightens up to her feet and looks over at Sephiroth* If this turns out to be a viable way to grow fruits and food, then I’ll take that into consideration. *frowns* It might help if I can teach the other dragon around here these spells.. *sighs* For now, we will just wait and see what happens. If nothing grows within the week, then we’ll know that this is a waste of time. *walks over to Sephiroth and looks over him. For a moment, her thoughts go over the idea that Sephiroth is indeed favored in her mind over all others. However, she tries to shove those thoughts away* Hmm… Sephiroth, I am curious. You are aware that even though number-wise, I am older than you, that I am the equivalent of say a sixteen to eighteen year old of your species, right?

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *grins in amusement at some of Seferia’s thoughts, especially the one about favouring him* Hmm? *raises an eyebrow* You’re only eighteen years old? That’s only barely legal in some cities… *frowns and begins to think about pedophiles, and people who prefer young girls*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia: I am the equivelent of higher years of a human teenager, yes. Number-wise, Sephiroth, I am about 125 or so years. So, in some ways you are more mature than I am; in others, I am more mature than you. *tilts her head at his thoughts. Pondering over the issue, she doesn’t think that their relationship can be termed a akin to that of pedophiles*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: In terms of physical attributes, it may be pedophilia. You are not even old enough to be at the human age of consent. *deeply frowns, wondering if something like that is going to cause problems or friction with the other members of the camp*

Viewing 25 posts - 726 through 750 (of 1,674 total)
  • The topic ‘We are Nemesis’ is closed to new replies.