We are Nemesis

Home Forums Kat + Seferia RolePlay Roleplay Forum The Nemesari We are Nemesis

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 1,674 total)
  • Author
    Seferia
    Keymaster

Premise: Enter the universe that gave birth to the Nemesis of Life, otherwise just known as Nemesis. Earth is on the verge of death as are several other planets. The rules no longer apply as to who is who and which side hates which. Survival is the name of the game, not petty conflicts.

Main characters that strongly differ from the cannon Halcyon Universe:

Jenna: She is no where close to the pyromaniac sorceress with issues that we all know. No, instead, this one took a turn to the worse at a critical time. Instead of mourning the loss of her comrades in Halcyon, she helped slaughter them. This one gave into her sadistic tendencies and enjoys every moment of watching a life be squashed out of existence. In fact, she hates life in general so much that she combined with the energy-based entity known as Sesshou in order to increase her power and assist the universe into falling into oblivion with more speed. Thus, she is Nemesis, a creature that takes no allies nor prisoners. Moreover she is quite unstable and unpredictable, especially due to her dual personality. At this point in time, it is unknown whether anyone will ever defeat Nemesis’s might.

Clawina: She was the leader of a resistance against Jenna and the army that Sesshou had given to her. At first, she only struck out against the crazed woman because she was human and threatening her kind. However, eventually, she found it within herself to make alliances with the rest of the populace of Earth in order to keep a unified front against the woman. Unfortunately, the day that Nemesis was formed, this warrior died in a rather horrific manner. While her resistance group still remains, this feline is no more.

Seferia: In Clawina’s absense, she has taken up the place of leader. However, this dragon was nearly mortally wounded on the day that Nemesis was formed. Thus, she has long scars trailing from her left eye all the way down to the center of her chest. Also, her right leg was rather mangled and has a limp to it. So, the black dragon cannot properly attack physically anymore and usually provides only strategic advice to the resistance and magical or physic assistance from the back lines.

Ramses: Clawina’s eldest son, or rather, the son of Clawina’s long deceased sister. He abhors fighting and would rather be a pacifist. However, he will take up a weapon if forced into a situation where he cannot escape. For the most part, he acts as counselor to his mother’s chosen sucessor, his younger sister.

Sekhmet: Clawina’s actual child and chosen heir to the throne. Unfortunately, the girl is still considered under-age and Seferia is not allowing her to take up the dangerous spot of leader quite yet. This girl is rash, impulsive, and willing to use violence to solve her problems. Like her mother, she looks down on humans. However, she recognizes the need to work along side them and does not go after them.

Hope: One of the most trusted warriors in the resistance. This human girl was orphaned and raised by Clawina and Seferia in the early years of the war. For the most part, this girl’s strengths is in sneaking to and fro without being spotted. So, she usually performs scouting missions for the team.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Because I didn’t have enough room:

Suggestions for you:

If it’s comfortable, you may have a version of Sephy in this universe. It wouldn’t be one that we’d mingle with the Cannon AU, so no worries there. Also, you are free to bring in any feline or human character that you may wish. There are also dragon families that are present on earth that you can create characters for. Remember, this is a dying world and in a desperate situation. It is unlikely that anyone will have riches or much of anything.

It had been nearly a week since Seferia had deployed Hope into the depths of the Amazon, or what was left of the forest. Normally, the human would have reported in by now. However, Seferia had not even seen a message come in by any of the messanger dragonettes. The dragon, who preferred to remain in her feline form in order to honor her “mother”, was beginning to worry.

Releasing a deep sigh, the black feline with white hair glanced across the room to where the younger siblings were arguing over battle strategies once more. Seferia narrowed her eyes as she heard Sekhmet demand for action right away since the girl was tired of waiting. Such rashness would certainly lead her to her doom. Not even her mother was skilled enough to avoid death. Luckily, the elder sibling was still managing to hold down Sekhmet’s temper for now.

Seferia thanked whatever gods still existed for Ramses’s existence. The taller and older feline humanoid always had a good head on his shoulders. If not for him, she was certain that the future Royalty figurehead would have died within days of her mother’s death.

Seferia frowned once more as she turned her thoughts onto the matters on hand and looked across the hall at the rest of the resistance that was camped in the cave with her. They would most certainly be disheartened to hear that one of their best spies and scouts was missing in action. However, Seferia was certain that she could not hold onto this information forever. Hopefully, by the end of the day, she would hear word from Hope. Hopefully…

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Character guide I am using, both for your interest, and it helped me out to define them.

Rizon: A dragon by blood and by birth, but prefers to keep to his human morph for convenience purposes. Although still a fairly new recruit, he is quite skilled with weapons (the firing kinds) and gifted in the area of making makeshift incendiary devices, and seems to keep wanting to prove his worth to others. Although only about 17 years old (in terms of a human’s lifespan), he is rather mature for his age and serious when it comes to real issues. That said, when the area is safe, he’ll let his guard down and behave… quite a bit differently.
    His dragon form is approximately 25ft long (from nose to tail), quadrapedal. His body shape is streamlined, and he is lithe (read: skinny) and very fast in the air. His scales are very polished and shiny like iridescent beetle wings, and are mostly emerald green, with scatters of cobalt blue scales amongst them. Claws and backridges are gold. Oh yeah, and he likes to sing.

Sephiroth: He was in the middle of serving Jenova and helping to conquer his planet when Sesshou arrived. The creature consumed her and captured Sephy assuming that one day he would grow into a powerful being like her. He was hauled to Earth and kept as a prisoner by Sesshou until he was rescued by Clawina’s resistance group. He now serves them, in the hope that he can go back to his own planet one day and resume trying to become a god back on his own planet. Or so he says, anyway. Ask him about it and he probably won’t even sound that interested in doing such.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Rizon idly sat by his own personal tent, tweaking at a makeshift incendiary device he had been working on and trying to perfect. It seemed right… although the detonation trigger just wasn’t something he was satisfied with at all. He could make these things explode if he used his psychic abilities on them properly, but that wasn’t the point. The young adult sighed, flicking the device aside for now, moving away from his tent to find something to eat.

Meanwhile, Sephiroth had become bored of the entire situation and rather concerned. They had been sitting here, camped for entirely too long, thus further greatening the chances of being seen or caught. He rose to his feet and headed for Seferia, narrowing his eyes. Why weren’t they moving anywhere?

“Lady Seferia,” He began, bowing his head for a moment to the female as a sign of respect. “I request a status update. Why are we here, and why aren’t we moving anywhere?”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia narrowed her eyes as she heard the deep voice of Sephiroth behind her, not wanting to explain to anyone that she had lost contact with her scout. Thus, a brief scowl of distaste formed on her lips before she turned to face him.

“We are safe for now. You know as well as I that a stable base of operations helps boost morale,” the scarred “feline” calmly explained, despite the agitated swishing of her tail. “We aren’t moving anywhere because we’ve seen no activity on the front to react to.”

With that, Seferia turned back around to resume watching the two squabbling siblings down below.

Down below, Sekhmet was having one of her infamous temper tantrums. The teenager, by human standards, yowled in annoyance at her brother’s attempts to calm her down then threw the table that held their strategy notes upside down.

“How can you say that we need to wait until that-that MONSTER makes the next move, brother!” Sekhmet kicked over a chair in frustration. “It’s been a month and we haven’t seen a single hide of that murderous scum. Mrwwr! I say that she has to be weak now. There’s no other reason why that thing wouldn’t be hunting us down.”

Ramses sighed and shook his head. “Dear sister, we do not have enough information to-“

Sekhmet threw an angry glare toward her brother and then snorted in irritation. “Information this, scout that. I’m tired of just getting information. That creature needs to pay for what she did to Mother!”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

“With all due respect, Lady Seferia,” Sephiroth began, folding his arms as he spoke. “”We’ve been standing around all day. I find it odd that nothing has come for us to react to, considering this area was bustling with the snake’s mindless drones when we arrived…” The silver haired man released a deep sigh, then slowly shook his head. He knew better than to question her words, as much as he doubted them right now.

Whent the female feline threw a tantrum, the man merely grunted in her direction, raising a hand out towards her.

“Relax, youth. We all want to get out there and just end this. However, the male feline is right – without enough information, we would be slaughtered before we made any intelligent movement.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Sekhmet: *loudly growls then whips her head upwards to glare at Sephiroth* Arrogant prat! *suddenly leaps up onto the platform where Seferia and Sephiroth are standing. Once there, she storms up to the silver-haired man and moved to press her nose against his as if to intimidate him* What does it matter to you? You’re only here because she threatens your own superiority. *snorts in agitation* I’m certain that if left to your own devices, you’d love to be in that thing’s place, threatening the life of everything!

Seferia: *grips onto Sekhmet’s right shoulder and firmly pulls her back away from Sephiroth* That is enough. This human has proven his worth to our cause enough times.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *doesn’t move his head as Sekhmet presses her nose against his* You are wrong there, smaller feline. And besides, what does it matter what my reasons are for helping your cause? We all have our own agendas, no? Five, ten years after we are victorious, it won’t matter to you why I helped you. Whether it was for myself, or for other reasons, who really cares?

Seferia
    Keymaster

Sekhmet: Like hell no one cares! Don’t think that I haven’t noticed how many warriors have fallen while on missions with you! You self-serving, selfish, human maggot! *Struggles against Seferia’s grip, reaching over in an attempt to scratch Sephiroth’s face. However, the larger feline’s grip is more than strong enough to keep the youth well out of arms length of Sephiroth* Damn it! Let go!

Seferia: That is enough, Sekhmet. *pulls the girl away then squarely looks into her eyes* Go to your room. I do not have time for your nonsense.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *growls slightly* Only the careless have been killed. You can’t expect to save everyone. The point of war is to acheive your goal, no matter the cost or the lives spent to do so. They were not wasted. *bows his head again as Seferia pulls the young feline back*

Rizon: *gets to his feet and moves towards the smaller feline, carrying his incomplete incendiary device* Hey Sekhmet, come over here for a sec, can ya? *gives her a friendly lopsided grin* I want to show ya’ something you might like. A little present for our enemy, heh heh.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Sekhmet: *furiously growls and shoots Sephiroth one last glare before snorting and storming off. She grumbles to herself and then glances over at Rizon* What failed experiment do you want to show me this time? *narrows her eyes as she examines his form* And why do you identify yourself with those weak humans? My species is far more superior.

Seferia: *releases a soft sigh then turns around and walks back to the command console. As always, she does her best to avoid putting weight on her bad leg, thus giving her a strange stagger to her gate. Once at the console, she activates the communication programs and scans for signs of messages from Hope. As she searches, she softly speaks* My apologies, Sephiroth. You know how temperamental that girl has been.. Especially after Clawina was mauled to death.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Rizon: Hey calm down your Royal pint-sized highness. It’s either this, or barely being able to fit into the cavern. *softly chuckles and reduces his eye pupils to narrow slits* This one isn’t failed this time, the firing mechanism is just a bit off. But once this is filled with the chemicals, when both chambers collide and react, kaboom. *pats the top of the device* I’m planning to teleport this one right into our old friend’s stomach cavity when we see her next. What do you think about that?

Sephiroth: *slowly shakes his head* I can understand. Jenova was literally taken apart right in front of me. Although I consider that a blessing. *shrugs* Still, it wasn’t enjoyable to watch. *curiously watches Seferia with raised eyebrows, but remains back out of her way*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Sekhmet: Pint-sized? *hisses in annoyance as the fur on the back of her neck rises to emphasize her agitation* Do I look pint-sized to you? I am six feet tall. *glares at Rizon* I might not be as tall and massive as my mother, yet, but I am not pint-sized! *crosses her arms* And we’ve blown that creature to bits before. It never works. She just reforms herself, the damn bitch.

Seferia: *slowly nods her head* Mmm.. *glances back at Sephiroth* Tell me, at what point did you realize that it was a blessing to see your “mother” die? I recall you screaming out in rage for months after we saved you. *narrows her eyes* I was about the only one who could get close to you then.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Rizon: *makes a loud chirp of amusement that is not at all human* Oh cheer up, your Royal Highness. You’re pint-sized once I’m in my natural form – everyone is. *softly chuckles at Sekhmet’s anger, grinning toothily at her* I know we’ve blown her up before. *his grin fades and he becomes thoughtful and serious* We need to get something vital that she can’t regenerate from. If only we could pin her down and remove her head or heart or something….

Sephiroth: I had to think about my experiences for many months, Lady Seferia. *moves to lean against a wall, looking rather unhappy* I thought long and hard about the events that occured… I only realized Jenova had been merely using me after you had saved me and I had been confined to solitary confinement for everybody’s safety. It was for the best, being freed from her. I don’t think I’d ever been able to make my own decisions until this point in my life. For that alone, I am grateful.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Sekhmet: *crosses her arms, still unimpressed* You don’t keep up with the battle tactics that have been used, hm? *shakes her head* I’ve read reports of that creature being sliced literally in half. Even then, the reports state that she laughed and continued on as if she wasn’t even touched at all. No, I don’t think that physical solutions such as bombs will work at all.

Seferia: *nods at his words* A pity for you. The only time in your life that you have the availability to think on your own and think for yourself, you have no choice to make at all. *shakes her head* ~But yes, I do clearly remember how you were when we first saved you.~ *narrows her eyes* ~You even dared to try striking out at my mind before finding how powerful my own psychic abilities were.~

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *makes a soft amused sound and shakes his head* *”Yes, I know. Please do not remind me, Lady Seferia, it is rather embarrasing. I am indebted to you and your cause for the freedom I have been granted.”* *moves off the wall again* On the contrary, under the conditions, the choice I had to make personally was very easy.

Rizon: Well, there goes that plan. Damn… I can get her mind though, when I grow to my full size. *snaps his fingers, then lowers his head, looking overdramatic* My queen has no faith in me. Whatever shall I do? *makes a hissing chuckle and playfully flops down dead, squeaking for a moment before lying still* *”Kick me, O Magesty, if it would make you feel better.”&

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia: *frowns at him for a brief moment* ~Why must you insist on tacking on that title of Lady to my name?~ *her fur bristles slightly* ~It hardly feels natural to me. Either way, embarrassing or not, one must always remember their past. For, if you were to forget your past, you would be doomed to repeat it.~ *Snorts and continues reading over the reports, her frown deepening* Still no word… *Shakes her head then continues the conversation that the others would be hearing if they were ease dropping* Why would you call a choice with no options easy instead of troublesome?

Sekhmet: *narrows her eyes at Rizon then snorts* You are wasting my time. My mother would have locked you up in the brig for a week for this nonsense. *hisses in annoyance then turns to head to her room* I need a bath.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *”Yes, I understand…”* *sighs* *”I call you Lady Seferia because you are of higher rank than me, and you have no rank title. It is a mark of respect, madam.”* *raises an eyebrow at her next comment, then quietly grunts, lowering his voice* Because, there are only two choices to make. Fight back, or die. And I refuse to die, so… *shrugs his shoulders*

Rizon: *chuckles at her and sits up again* Aww Your Magesty, don’t be like that. It’s only me, one of your petty heathen underlings lying at your feet. *pouts as he watches her leave, then gets up to return to his tent* She’s aggressive, that one…

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia: I see. It is still a pity that your freedom of choice developed in such conditions. *looks into his eyes* ~Seferia alone will do. I was never one for titles. And in my condition.. I hardly get any respect any longer.~ *looks back at the console, silent for several moments* ~Please, do not tell the others yet, but I fear we may have lost Hope. That would be most devastating to Sekhmet. They grew up together.~

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: Those are always the options of war. *”I could care less about what the others say. Just because you are battle damaged, it does not mean you are useless, or should no longer command respect.”* *grits his teeth and makes a mild noise of discontentment at the piece of news he is given* *”I know her life energy signal – do you want me to track her down?”*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia: *lowers her head then shakes her head* ~No, Sephiroth. I cannot risk loosing another strong warrior.~ *Shakes her head* ~I know it may sound cold, but if she is in trouble, we must let her go.~ *closes her eyes, sighing* ~You and your unique abilities are honestly worth a thousand of her. I just can’t risk it.~

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *growls slightly* *”I understand… send a lesser soldier after her?”* *his eyes become unfocussed as he tries to think* *”It may not be so dangerous if I go after her. This cave has been left alone for a good while, now. There’s been nothing to report. Maybe the girl is just lost.”*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia: *releases a deep sigh then turns to look at him. Her frown only grew deeper as she notices his unfocused stare* ~Please, try to stay in the here and now. It will do no good to have you get lost in your head by over stretching your abilities once more. It took me long enough to repair the damage last time you overloaded your brain.~ *Scowls at the thought then shakes her head* ~And I do not want to weaken our front here just because of that girl.~

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *”Very well. If you want to do nothing, I suppose I cannot dispute or argue against it. It might sound cold, but we haven’t got the resources to look for her. I just hope she makes it back for the youth’s sake.”* *slowly shakes his head* *”Though the human female’s dissapearance will mean the feline has no more reason to respect any humans, now.”*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia: *glances over at Sephiroth* ~She respects humans much more than she lets on, Sephiroth. Even then, one can learn respect with experience.~ *narrows her eyes* ~There was once a time where I wouldn’t have hesitated at all to bite off your head. However, circumstances have made me find how useful humans are.~ *limps away from the communications console, headed toward the balcony that overlooks the rest of the current base of operations*

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 1,674 total)
  • The topic ‘We are Nemesis’ is closed to new replies.