The past of your main muse: Conquering the ranks

Home Forums Kat + Seferia RolePlay Roleplay Forum Visions of the Past The past of your main muse: Conquering the ranks

Viewing 12 posts - 551 through 562 (of 562 total)
  • Author
    Seferia
    Keymaster

Genesis: It will certainly be a delight to see how well your troop will do once you have command of them. *gives Sephiroth a somewhat devilish grin* Perhaps we should make a wager to see which of our troops will fair best in this war? It will at least provide some entertainment.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: A wager? I am not a betting man. *folds his arms, seeming none too impressed by the suggestion* Why do you even want to gamble on that? I am going to be the best, that is why they are sending me in. There is no question of performance. Ask the ShinRa themselves.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Genesis: *chuckles* Untested and already calling yourself the best, hm? Tell me, Sephiroth, what qualifies you to be proclaimed that already? You’re not the only one to come out of the academy with the full honors of First Class.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *raises his head in a haughty manner, making a huffy unimpressed sound at the fact somebody is even daring to challenge him* I understand that. But I am the best. I have been told so, therefore it must be so. Do you not understand?

Seferia
    Keymaster

Genesis: And you believe everything that is told to you? *grins and shakes his head* We shall see if you are indeed the best on the battlefield, won’t we? *smirks* You are not the only one to graduate straight into the First Class.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth snorted in reply. “Go to hell,” was his initial response. “You’ve read the reports, haven’t you. You’ve seen the news. It’s not a lie, or a story. Who cares what my rank is? Does anybody really care that others have made it to my rank?” He shook his head. “That’s not the point.”

“The truth is simply this – I am the best, no questions asked.” He glared at the other man now. “Just the mere mention of my name makes some people afraid. That does not happen with other SOLDIERs. Perhaps you should do your research before you go off and discredit me without another thought.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

“The news?” Genesis mused. “You mean the reports on your scores and aptitude tests? Yes, I’ve seen how they already have given you a pedestal to stand on, Sephiroth. However, I also noticed that something was missing. They never once reported on your first mission. I wonder why that is.”

The red-head walked over toward the side of the helicopter so that he could peer out at the ocean that they were passing. He was less than happy that everything that he had achieved in his own training was overshadowed by the other boy. He had just as high marks, perhaps even higher when it came to materia. However, he was given no credit at all by ShinRa or the media. So, he was determined to prove himself on the battlefield. He had graduated straight into First Class, just like Sephiroth. He can be just as good, he was certain.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth just glared out the window. He was insulted by the fact that this other soldier was attempting to suggest that his stories and reputation were not as good as everyone had sounded them out to be. He wanted this ride to be over and done with.

“There was no first mission,” He lied, scowling. “Only the ones after that.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Genesis turned his head to watch Sephiroth’s body language for a time. He clearly saw the defiant stance in the other teenager’s form. This made him ponder over how much of an ego boost this Sephiroth had been given by the like of Hojo. No matter, he had every intention of proving his own worth on the battle field. He was born before Sephiroth, so he shouldn’t be outdone by this younger boy.

“Ah, so they are sending you in with no field experience at all?” Genesis inquired. “Heh, I’ve barely heard of allowing anyone come out into the war with only the simulations and practice runs from the academy below their belt. We’ll just see how well you do.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth was beyond pissed now, but expressed none of this beyond his silence, his stiff body posture and his clenched hands. He felt threatened by this other male now, and was angry that he was insinuating that he wasn’t going to be very good at his job at all. At least, that is how Sephiroth was interpretting the situation and Genesis’s words.

“Indeed. We shall see.” He spoke, his voice stiff and hard. “There is the point of arrival now. We should prepare for the landing and to move out.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Genesis grunted up on seeing the Wutaian land-mass approaching in the distance. So, he moved to the back of the helicopter so that he could gather up his bags. As he pulled together his belongings, she made certain that his materia and rapier were properly equipped as well.

“We might be dropping into the middle of a battle. I hope you are prepared, Sephiroth,” the red-head taunted. “You wouldn’t want to be short on awareness, now would you?”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth made a threatening sound that resembled a growl. “I was born prepared for this,” He replied back rather icily. “It wouldn’t be wise to underestimate my ability, or assume otherwise.” He grunted at the other male. “Just be glad you’re not on the side of the enemy.”

He collected his own belongings and stood near the door, ready to depart.

Viewing 12 posts - 551 through 562 (of 562 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.