The past of your main muse: Conquering the ranks

Home Forums Kat + Seferia RolePlay Roleplay Forum Visions of the Past The past of your main muse: Conquering the ranks

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 562 total)
  • Author
    Seferia
    Keymaster

Time seemed to fly by as Zack trained and studied withing the SOLDIER camp. During that time, the boy had become quite adept and the broadsword. In fact, he had become so comfortable with his chosen weapon that he’d occasionally goof off after the end of a practice spar and swing it around in order to pose. This certain tendency to over-dramatize his victories won him several scolds by the instructors. However, he never seemed to be that discouraged by their words. No matter what they said, he still was withing the top 10% of the class and excelling quite well. About the only thing that he seemed to stumble over on a frequent basis was his studies on Materia, especially when it came to learning it’s history and manufacturing.

The time for moving on and finding what rank SOLDIER, if any, they were going to become once out of the boot camp was nearing. Zack was pretty confident that he had done enough to get Second Class with ease, if not First. In fact, he had already taken up the habit of practicing his introduction as “Zack, SOLDIER: Second Class” in front of the mirror, despite how much this may have irked his roommates.

As for today, the instructors had announced that the recruits will each receive an actual mission to test their skills on. Each group of students would be selected based on their roommates, for they wanted to see if the students had learned teamwork yet from their close quarters. In addition, it would be up to each group to elect a leader for their given group. So, they were to expect a packet inside each of their rooms after the end of lessons.

Thus, Zack enthusiastically ran toward his room at the end of his last lesson, determined to be the first to see the instructions. Not to mention, it’d be fun to him if he were to actually beat Sephiroth back to the room at least once.

Zack: *stops in front of the doorway and looks around. He grins as he spots no Sephiroth in sight* Ha, I did it! *chuckles and then opens up the door to saunter inside*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth had been busying himself learning all there was to know about being a soldier – both mentally in his studies, and physically, as a fighter. He had been given extra classes and was expected to pass those as well, so the boy never had much free time to do anything. As the ranking assesments were coming up soon, the adolescent male had taken what little leisurely time he had to read up on texts in his room.

Though for the time being, he had taken time out even from that. He sat on the floor near the wall of his bed, first aid supplies spread out on the floor around his seated position. The youth had been careless in an armed combat session recently, and his carelessness was rewarded with a 2 inch long gash on his upper arm. He was busy redressing the sutured wound, also taking the time to examine it, clearly annoyed that he had received it in the first place.

Sephiroth: *looks up from his place on the floor, peering over his bed. He scowls at Zack’s prescence and promptly does a rush job of covering his wound with gauze, yanking his shirt sleeve down over it so it can’t be seen* Feh, you did what? *moves to his feet, kicking the first aid supplies under his bed* You should knock, you know.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Zack: I- *he stops and stares at Sephiroth, his large triumphant grin from before quickly melting away as he realizes that he didn’t win afterall. Thus, he softly mutters under his breath* Damn… *coughs and then reaches up with his left hand to scratch the back of his head, rocking back and forth on his feet* Uh, nothing, Seph-man. *walks into the room then looks around* So, where is it? They said they were delivering hte packets during lunch time. It has to be around here somewhere! What are they going to have us do? Are we going to do some secret agent stuff or commando stuff?

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: Packets? Packets for what? *scowls and rubs his arm for a moment, before sitting on his bed* If you are talking about the ranking assesments, nothing has arrived yet. I’ve been here for approximately an hour or so. Nothing has been delivered. *grunts and picks up some books he borrowed from the library* Now shut up, I have to study for a Battle Tactics exam this evening.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Zack: Huh? No! *shakes his head and begins looking about the room* Didn’t you read the memo on the billboard today? They’re going to be sending us out on this real life mission today. There’s supposed to be a briefing memo somewhere around here. *continues to search about the room then grins as he spots it on the empty bed, swiping it up. As soon as he has it in hand, he shoves it in Sephy’s face* See, this! *broadly grins then tears it open so he can pour out the contents*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: Of course I read the memo. What do you think I am, blind? I’ve been waiting for this moment since I arrived here! *glares up at him and makes a loud irritated huffy noise as he watches Zack grab up the papers to shove in his face* Yes, I see. *sits up properly, trying to peer at the contents* What does it say?

Seferia
    Keymaster

Zack: *grins at him* Hrmph, maybe your strange eyes are starting to give up on you, Seph-man. *chuckles at him then picks up the papers that detail the mission. He quickly reads through it then drops his head and sighs* Aw, man… This is just plain boring.. *hands the briefing papers over to Sephy. The papers mainly detail that one of the office clerks in the Science department in Midgar has been found making copies of top-secret files and delivering them to an unknown person. Their mission is to trail this man, find who he giving the files to, then capture both him and the unknown party. The clerk is just a regular man and assumed easy enough to capture, however, easily skittish. So, it is suggested to only watch and observe until they gather all the information required*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: Boring? Hmph, give me that. *takes the papers from Zack and reads the overview, scowling. He turns the paper over as if looking for more details, then reads the mission briefing again, glaring slightly* How the hell are we supposed to do this? We don’t even know where to begin. About the only way we can start is… *pauses, scowling* I’m not going to the science department in Midgar. I hate that place.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Zack: You know as well as I do that we don’t get a “I don’t like this place” in this line of work. *shakes his head and sighs. Soon afterwards, he picks up the rest of the items that were in the envelope and begins to flip through them. Soon afterwards, he hands them over to Sephy. These items include pictures of the man, details on his work schedule and whatnot, and locations as to where they can get supplies for this mission* Well, at least there’s a bit more information there. But this still is a shit job. *crosses his arms and pouts. Then, he looks about the room* By the way, where in Hades’ name is Hal?

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: He’s off with the regular class, training. *shrugs* He didn’t get an assessment sheet, did he? *takes the items, glancing at the man’s photos, scowling* This one looks familiar, somehow. *takes the papers and begins to read through the details of the mission, humming to himself* You’re right, it is a shit job. Looks like we’re just doing somebody’s cleanup duty.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Zack: Uh… *scratches the back of his head and looks up at the ceiling* I was certain that everyone was getting assessed no matter how they were doing. Anyway, the memo did say that this was a teamwork exercise for the entire room.. *sighs and looks at the picture* So, you know this dude? How?

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *defensively* I didn’t say I know him, I just said he looks familiar. *scowls and flicks the other photos back onto the bed* We’re all doing it, then? Wait another hour or so, the brown haired idiot will return in his own time.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Zack: *slowly nods* Alright. Not like this is going to be something great to regret missing… *looks about the room, whistling for a few moments. However, he soon becomes bored and walks over to Sephy* So, arm wrestle for the leader position? *grins and offers his right arm*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *frowns, shaking his head* Let me use my left arm. It’s… stronger, and the better of the two. Besides, you know I am left-handed. Why would you offer to make me use my right one when you know it’s the weaker of the two? *smirks* You want to cheat, don’t you?

Seferia
    Keymaster

Zack: Well, I’m right handed, so you’re the one who wants to cheat! *continues to grin* What’s the matter, Sephy? Afraid that I’m actually going to beat you at something for once? *begins to energeticly squat as if proving that he’s in good shape* I’ve been exercising and all that! I can take you on! *stops and holds up his fingers in a pre-emptive victory sign*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *growls and glares at him* Fine, fine… *moves to his feet, then heads over to the table, setting his right elbow down on the tabletop* Fine, come over here, I’m ready when you are. And stop being like that, don’t count your winnings before they occur. *snorts*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Zack: Oh, but I’m just planning it out all in my head. *gives Sephy a big grin then moves over to the table as well. He soon sets his right hand into Sephy’s and looks directly into his oponents eyes* Ready, cat-eyes?

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *mutters* Of course I’m ready. You’re on. *grasps Zack’s right hand, then begins to forcefully push against it, although he soon grits his teeth due to the pain of his gash injury giving him trouble under the muscle strain. Zack might pick up his weakened arm, but then again, he might not too*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Zack: *gives Sephy a challenging grin and applies his own stregnth, grunting with effort* I’m not letting you beat me again, Sephy. It’s time for you to fall! *winks at the man and continues to push, though even with Sephy’s injured arm, he’s not anywhere near as strong as the Jenova-enhanced boy*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: Fall where? I’m firmly planted on the ground, Zack. *continues to hiss and grit his teeth in pain, his arm beginning to shake under the strain as it weakens* Feh… *closes his eyes and tries to ignore the pain as he attempts to force Zack’s arm down*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Zack: Fall as in fail, Seph-man. *grunts in determination, but is loosing endurance himself* You always are better somehow. *grins as he spots Sephy’s shaking arm* Yep, I’m taking you down this time. *Unfortunately, all his boasting is making him loose his focus and Sephy would easily be able to slam his arm down at this point*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *glares at Zack, slowly losing the fight as his weakening arm gives him trouble. However, he takes advantage of the fact that Zack is distracted and forces his arm down. Then he quickly pulls his own away, clutching at the top half, snarling* I win…

Seferia
    Keymaster

Zack: *his mouth drops open as he witnesses Sephy force his hand down onto the table. Even after Sephy pulls away, Zack continues to stare down at his hand, dumbfounded. Eventually, he looks up and frowns* I’ll beat you someday… You can’t be perfect at everything. *notices the way that Sephy is holding his arm* What’s wrong with you?

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: What’s wrong with you, first? You let the fact you might win rush to your head. That’s a fatal mistake. *scowls and shakes his head. Then he leans back, moving back to his bed* Nothing’s wrong with me at all.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Zack: Hrmph, so I made a small little mistake. *crosses his arms* Either way, we need to wait for Hal before we can start this shit. *moves closer to Sephers* And there’s definitely something wrong. You don’t clutch your arm like that just for nothing. *tries to pull up Sephy’s shirt so he can check*

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 562 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.