The past of Jenna – Conception and birth

Home Forums Kat + Seferia RolePlay Roleplay Forum Visions of the Past The past of Jenna – Conception and birth

Viewing 12 posts - 526 through 537 (of 537 total)
  • Author
    Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Zack: *slowly nods his head in agreement, then moves under Maria’s bed to take out her box of jewellery that was retrieved from the house fire* Bury her with this… I’m sure she would have wanted that too. I know I don’t want it. It will bring nothing but bad memories… *sighs* Unless you would rather I keep it to give to her daughter when I see her again.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Teresa: *tilts her head and studies the box for a moment before returning her attention to Zack. There is an iquisitive nature in her eyes* Would the daughter appreciate such a gift? *shakes her head* I do not understand much about human sentimentalities and keepsakes. All I know is that some keep them and some sell them at the first sign of financial trouble. What’s inside this box anyway?

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Zack: *opens the box and hands it to Teresa* Just… stuff.. I don’t think it’s worth very much, but it probably had high sentimental value. *finally moves to his feet once more, then wraps Maria up in the blankets she was lying on* Take care of her…

Seferia
    Keymaster

Teresa: *examines the contents of the box for a moment before slowly closing it* I repeat, will these things have any value to the daughter? If that is so, I am certain that you’ll meet her again sometime and will be able to give her this gift along with the tail of her mother. *tries to hand the box back to Zack*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Zack: *takes the box back, closing the lid. He hugs it for a moment, then teleports it to his subspace compartment* I don’t know if it will have any value or significance to her. I don’t even know if she’ll want it or not… but I’ll give it to her anyway when we next cross paths. She deserves to know who her mother was, and what kind of life her family led.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Teresa: Yes, she does deserve to know. *glances down at Maria’s body before turning to leave* I shall return soon. I need to gather a few men from my boat to pick up the body. Try not to put yourself into too much distress. *stops at the doorway and looks back at Zack* However, if I find that you are not here when I return, I shall not blame you. Farewell, human named Zack. *nods in a polite manner to him, bowing her head slightly, then steps out of the house*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Zack: I can help you carry her… I’m not a chicken weakling. *sniffles once more* It would be an honour to carry her. It’s the least I could do. I failed her and she died because of my negligence and weakness. Carrying her resting body is something I can do, at least. And, I have a boat. We can take her in that if you want…

Seferia
    Keymaster

Teresa: *calmly speaks while walking away from Zack* No, I shall have my men deal with her. It is the type of work that a servant should do anyway. Do not worry yourself. *continues walking away from the house and soon walks into the port*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Zack: *watches Teresa leave, then sighs and heads back over to Maria’s body to begin wrapping her body up nicely in the bedding. He leaves her in the clothes she was in, not wanting to disrespect her and strip her naked. He begins to cry once again as he covers up her face, then he walks back into the kitchen area, not really knowing what to do. To vent some of his pent up emotion, he sharply kicks out at one of the wicker chairs in the room, then picks it up and throws it at the open window, forcing it outside as it breaks. He sits down in one of the other chairs and buries his face in his hands*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Maria’s servants soon enter into the house to gather up Maria’s body. They walk past Zack, not giving him a second thought and then pick up the dead woman’s body. After covering it with a white sheet so that the rest of the residents in the settlement would not become disturbed, they carry Maria out of the house and to the ship. Once there, she is set down in a room within the lower decks.

Teresa: *glances back at the town as she watches her servants return with Maria’s body. She silently observes the scene outside for a bit before walking back into her cabin on the small, yet clearly expensive and well-built boat* ~Farewell, friend. I promise that I will find the girl and bring her to someplace where she will be safe. We will probably never meet again. So, take care of yourself.~

Soon afterwards, the vessel sails off, heading downstream.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Zack watches Teresa leave with the servants, looking rather miserable. However, he trusts that Teresa will treat Maria’s body with respect and so sits down in the place where she was lying, keeping his head lowered. He is quite sad and depressed, but he is also happy that Maria is no longer suffering or in pain.
    *”Take care of her. I appreciate the fact that you want to bury her with her family. They would have wanted that. As for the girl, take care of her. I can’t think of much more to say other than that. Farewell…”*

As he ends the telepathic connection, he just remains sitting there and sobs for several hours. After night has fallen, he has calmed down enough to begin cleaning up the house, packing up several items of food in a carry sack to take with him. He stuffs the stove as full of wood as he can get it, and then lights a match and walks out of the house as the flames leap out of the stove and onto the wooden floor. As he walks into the surrounding wilderness, he does not bother looking back as the house quickly catches ablaze. There is no reason for him to stay there any more, and he figures that people will not ask questions about himself or Maria if the house catches fire and burns to the ground.

Zack spends the next few weeks wandering the land as a nomad. He sleeps in barns across the country side, steals food from the farms, and flees each time he is discovered. He continues to wander for another few weeks, not really having much pattern to where he stays. Later that month, Sephiroth opens a portal to the area after finally finding the right time and place. He steps out of the portal, grunting as he ends up in a corn field with what appears to be the remains of burned wood nearby. He pays this no attention and takes to the skies, immediately scanning out Zack’s location.

He finds him some time later. Zack just looks back at Sephiroth gratefully, but they exchange no conversation.
    “Don’t ever use that machine you made again,” Sephiroth grunts. “It is unreliable and got you stranded here.”
    “Don’t worry…” Zack replies, “I don’t think I will…”

Sephiroth opens a portal back to their real time and place in the universe, and Zack gratefully steps through. He is more than happy to get home, but the memory of Maria and what has happened will stay with him for a very long time.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Teresa remained on the boat as her servants went to obtain the corpse of her neice’s mother. She would rather not touch the diseased-ridden flesh nor did she ever feel that secure in touching the deceased in the first place. Sure, she’d frequently kill things to eat, but that was different than touching a dead body of a being that had been intelligent and sentient. She supposed it was her form of respect in not desiring to touch them, but she never dwelled too long on such thoughts.

Once the servants had returned with the body, she gave them distinctive instructions on where to bring the body and what to do with it. Once done informing the men of the church which held the rest of Maria’s family under its ground, Teresa stepped off the boat. She bowed her head at her men then bid them farewell, assuring them that she’d be able to handle the rest of her trip on foot from here on and will return home soon.

So, Maria dwelled in the town long enough to gather food and supplies for her search. She tarried long enough to see the house where she visited Zack burst into flames. A deep frown passed on her lips as she witnessed the burning and it deepened as she sensed that Zack was still alive and fleeing the area. It seemed like such a pity to destroy a perfectly good house just because it held bad memories for oneself, but she choose not to chase after the man.

So, the woman ventured off into the jungle in search of her missing niece. She spent several days trudging through the thick foilage until finally coming across a small abandoned basket near the edge fo the river. The basket was covered with algae and other vegitation and also slowly deteriorating. But, there was no signs that the basket had been breached in order to give a predator the chance to take the meat that once was within. So, Teresa choose to continue on.

It took her yet another few days, but she finally came across a small tribal village that resided a bit inland from the river. Once there, she located a woman who had found Maria’s child and taken her up as her own. Teresa spent some time bargaining with the woman, insisting that she was family until she finally was able to take the child away. After parting with several of her supplies and other precoius metals that the woman had decorated her outfit with, Teresa stepped out of the village.

Glancing down at the infant in her hands, Teresa studied her for any signs of deformaties or illnesses. Once she was certain that the child was safe and healthy, the woman nodded to herself. The dragon considered taking the child home with her for a bit, desiring to insure that the girl would be safe within her own care. However, Teresa knew that the rest of her family would figure out that the girl was not just a human. Thus, she could not take the girl home.

So, Teresa pondered her dillema for a few hours before finally thinking of the island that she heared Zack mention. The inhabitants of Halcyon were seperated from the rest of the world and had more lax laws than those who dwelled amoung humans. Certainly, the girl would be safe there.

Thus, that night, Teresa took to the air and carried the girl to the island named Halcyon. From there, the dragon found a safe location where the girl was bound to be found and then left again. After insuring that the girl would be safe, Teresa leapt into the air and returned home. Her hopes were that the girl would make it to adulthood.

That following morning, a large raptor by the name of Kerash bumped into the girl. Thus ends our tale and starts another tale, but that is for another time.

Viewing 12 posts - 526 through 537 (of 537 total)
  • The topic ‘The past of Jenna – Conception and birth’ is closed to new replies.