The Nemesari: Past lost hope

Home Forums Kat + Seferia RolePlay Roleplay Forum The Nemesari The Nemesari: Past lost hope

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 443 total)
  • Author
    Seferia
    Keymaster

Sefera bobbed her head in acknowledgement of Sephiroth’s decision. She then stepped over to his side before she plucked the hat off his head.

“I do not believe that you need to sleep in this,” she spoke with a faint hint of humor in her voice. However, after a moment, she turned her head to the side before softly whispering out, “I still need to practice at expressing myself as your kind does.”

Shrugging off such thoughts as to her difficulty in expressing emotions, she stepped outside to gather the eggs. Soon enough, she set them down on their designated mat before she wrapped them up. It didn’t take her long to eat her dinner for the evening and prepare herself for rest. Thus, unless Sephiroth had any reason to reject her, she cuddled up against his side before she fell into a light doze.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth didn’t object when the hat was plucked off his head. He ate dinner in relative silence, settling down quite early when the sun went down. They would probably travel again early in the morning so he wanted to be well rested.

He lay on his back when Seferia snuggled against him, but now that he lay down, he was wide awake. He stared up at the ceiling of the tent, blinking. He lay there for a while before finally deciding to sit up, yawning.

The feline couldn’t help but feel somewhat frustrated – he had spent a whole day on the road, and was finally settled down for the night… and couldn’t fall asleep.

“Mrrrr….”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia appeared to be blissfully asleep, barely moving at all as she kept her form curled about Sephiroth. However, her mind was always active to some degree. No dragon, especialy none such as herself, could rest without having their psychic senses stretched over their resting spot. If that ever were to happen, that specific dragon would most likely be dying or close to it. No, a dying dragon would have even more reason to have their alert system set up before allowing himself to relax.

Thus, when Sephiroth sat up, Seferia released a soft groan of frustration. Without seeming to break out of her rest, she reached up for his shoulder and tried to pull him back down onto the mat. “Ssseelle down..”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth resisted against Seferia’s pulling. With a mild irritated grunt, he tugged his shoulder away, moving to the door of the tent. He made another low “mrrrr”ing sound, before flicking his ears back, meowing louder.

Within a few more moments he was meowing louder, making sounds similar to caterwauling.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia hissed in irritation before her eyes snapped open, instantly awake due to Sephiroth’s movements. She then sat up before she narrowed her eyes at Sephiroth. While her expression usually was stoic, her eyes most certainly showed her irritation and disapproval of his actions.

“Sephiroth, stop that. You’re going to wake up more than just me if you continue on.”

Getting to her feet, she walked over to him before firmly gripping onto his shoulders. She then pressed her nose against his so that she could look directly into his eyes.

“What has gotten into you?” the dragon queried.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth shrugged hopelessly. “I don’t know…” He said quietly. “I just have this strong urge to yell my prescence…”

He closed his eyes when their noses touched. He made a muffled ‘mrrrrrr’ing sound at her, opening his eyes again, his eyes wide circles as he stared back at her.

“You can let go now.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia remained put, keeping her nose against his for several seconds after Sephiroth told her that it was safe to let go. Eventually, she slowly loosened her grip before she frowned at him.

“Perhaps I should change you back to a human. By the sounds of it, you are getting lost in the feline’s instincts… At least to some portion. I cannot state that I have ever experienced such, though.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

When he was released, he made a discontent hissing sound. While it wasn’t directed at Seferia, he was still facing her so it could easily have been interpreted otherwise.

“Don’t change me back.” He grumbled. “I don’t like the shape-shifting feeling of things. It’s uncomfortable and itchy and I just got used to this form.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

A frown graced the edges of Seferia’s lips as she listened to Sephiroth. Sighing, she nodded her head, conceding. However, she still thought that Sephiroth’s insistence was no the best of ideas.

“Very well. However, it concerns me that you cannot keep full control of yourself. I’ve never once felt overwhelmed by changing into this form,” as she speaks, she nods to her currently feline form, “or human form. I remain myself, no matter my shape. I do not see why you wouldn’t be the same… The form is only an elaborate facade. It isn’t real.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth shifted away from her now, feeling quite grumpy. He felt that Seferia was beginning to act more like a parent or a caretaker than a friend. Her comments earlier about his fate and situation had started the line of thought, and what Seferia had done just now only strengthened the thought.

He made a discontent sound and shook his head, lying back down on the mat, turning his back on her.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia blinked as she received a few impressions of Sephiroth’s mode through their linked minds. Tilting her head, she frowned once more with concern. After a bit, she walked over to his side before she sat down next to him.

“I am not treating you properly? I did not think that my concern for you and your well-being was an issue.” Her ears slowly pulled back as she considered this line of thought. Over all, she had always been taught to be a protector and to insure the safety of those that she cared about. Clawina always promoted this sort of behavior from the young dragon. Seferia was also always taught to be honest to herself and those about her. “I apologize, though I do not understand.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth sighed and sat up again. “I have always been an independant person. Alright, fine… sometimes I haven’t made the best of decisions. And to be honest, some of my choices have been downright destructive, not just to me, but to everyone.”

He grunted, flicking his ears back. “Are you my superior? No… at least, I don’t hope so. I just don’t want to be treated like a lesser being, of lower rank, or like a child.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia tilted her head slightly to the side as she considered his words. After a moment, she slowly spoke out, “You are indeed a lesser rank than me. However, I appointed you as my second because I trust you.”

She shook her head at him. “As for your “independent person” statement, I disagree. Prior to coming here, you always had someone else thinking for you. I distinctly recall seeing glimpses of memories that had you freezing up when someone asked what you were fighting for.”

She sighed at him before she glanced down in his direction, “Simply because I have concerns about your well-being doesn’t mean that I think of you as a child. I just have a need to protect that which is mine.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

“Oh so now I am an object of ownership?”

Sephiroth huffed with grumpiness, folding his arms. He didn’t feel particularly happy any more, that was for sure. Seferia had a point, but her statements only made him feel more unhappy about what he had already been thinking.

He glared at her and very adamantly stated, “I am not a lesser being.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia hummed before she tilted her head, not understanding where her statements were going wrong. As far as she was concerned, she and Sephiroth had agreed to be life partners. Mated. Her instincts screamed at her to protect both her mate and her children. So, what was the problem?

After a moment, she spoke up again, “You are mine, and I am yours. We are bonded and share thoughts. I am not lesser, you are not lesser. You protect me, I protect you. The individual need is not as important, for I am a part of you as you are a part of me. It is the we that must be thought of. You are my mate. You are mine. Dragons do not not covet that which is theirs. I can no further cease thinking about keeping you safe than I can refuse breathing.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth made a resigned sigh at Seferia’s clarification of her feelings. He understood it, but he felt that her way of conveying her message sometimes was a bit strange.

He finally lay down beside her again, nudging her shoulder.

“Let’s just go to sleep now, huh?”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia looked down at Sephiroth as he rested onto the mat once more. She then softly spoke to him, “I am a dragon. My feelings are not the same as yours. I am aware of this. Your ways are sometimes foreign to me, as my ways will be often foreign to you. My mind simply does not process emotion at the same capacity and level as yours does.. That, I have no real control over. However, I do practice, and I am attempting to learn.”

After speaking, she lowered herself before she wrapped her arms about his chest and curled up against him. Rumbling with content, she closed her eyes before she began to drift back to sleep once more.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth finally relaxed. With the warm paws around him, he felt snug and secure. His unhappiness at feeling belittled and treated like a child began to fade away, as did his other feelings of discontent. He made a loud sigh and shifted about slightly in an attempt to get comfortable. Soon he was content and quite settled where he was, but his original problem of not being able to drift off to sleep still existed.

The male began to ponder why that could be.

“I don’t feel any different… maybe it is because cats are nocturnal…” He sighed and rested his head in a different position.

“Mewrrr…”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia’s ears twitched as Sephiroth released the meowing noise. After a moment, she opened up one of her palms, even though she remained asleep. She then psychicly dragged one of Sephiroth’s materia into her palm, managing to properly identify the sleep materia without waking up. Once the materia was in her hand, she pressed it against Sephiroth’s chest, as if indicating that he should use it.

Still, she remained asleep throughout all of this. While to certain beings, such as humans, this action would appear strange, dragons simply do not function on the same mental levels as “lesser” life forms. So, Seferia was fully capable of such conscious actions without breaking her rest. This element of her dragon nature also permitted for her to snap to full awareness within miliseconds if she needed to be awake.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth took the materia, blinking.

“How did you….” He began to speak, but cut himself off. He wasn’t even sure if he wanted to know how that had just happened. He held up the materia and shrugged, casting Sleepel on himself a moment afterwards. He was out immediately like a light.

His paw holding the materia hit the mat with a dull thump, and the small magic bauble rolled away out of his relaxed palm, bumping into the cooking pots at the nearest wall of the tent.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia rumbled with content before she softly whispered, “Dragon…”

After yawning, she fully relaxed once more, for her sleeping partner was no longer wiggling about and making unnecessarily excessive noises since he was asleep. Thus, Seferia remained curled up against Sephiroth for the duration of the night. By the time that the sun rose, the camp was beginning to pack up. So, Seferia slowly opened her eyes before she gently nudged the back of Sephiroth’s neck with her snout.

“It is morning,” she blandly announced.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth made a slight twitch when nudged, but otherwise didn’t move an ounce. He continued to sleep on, partly because the Sleepel spell was still in effect over him, and partly because he had been genuinely tired when he had fallen asleep.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia blinked as her initial nudge failed to wake Sephiroth. To say the least, that was unusual. So, she nudged him again, this time applying a bit more force. After a moment, she leaned up to lick the inside of his right ear before she gently nipped at it in an attempt to startle him to awareness. She made a point of only biting down hard enough to make the pressure felt, any movement of the ear would have it simply slip out from the range of Seferia’s fangs.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

The feline’s furry grey ear flicked when licked and bitten on. There was a low cranky rumble from the male and he curled up. By this point it was hard to tell whether the Sleepel had actually worn off or not, if he was just very asleep, or whether he was being a difficult lazy stubborn kitty.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia sighed at Sephiroth as he continued to sleep, even through her teasing and nipping. So, afting poking his nose for good measure, she got up so that she could gather together their items. Soon enough, she began to pack up their possessions. The dragon took care to leave out the nutrion bar rations that would be their breakfasts. Also, Seferia made a point of not being quiet as she packed away the items in the tent.

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 443 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.