The Nemesari: Past lost hope

Home Forums Kat + Seferia RolePlay Roleplay Forum The Nemesari The Nemesari: Past lost hope

Viewing 18 posts - 426 through 443 (of 443 total)
  • Author
    Seferia
    Keymaster

Chuckling, Seferia responded, “Perhaps, thought you are likely to have to deal with that on a regular basis soon. The hatchlings will want to play as they grow. You would be their first choice of play mate.”

She managed a content grin before she leaned back to lie down on their sleeping pad. Once she was comfortable, she reached over to rub Sephiroth’s nearest arm.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth frowned. “I don’t want to have limbs bitten at, or fingers bitten off. But I wouldn’t mind the occaisonal ambush pouncing.” He glanced down at Seferia and moved down beside her, picking up his book again. Though this time it was more out of habit than anything, because he still wasn’t interested in reading it.

“It’s not even dark yet. I should check up on that door and that crib later. It should be finished before the sun goes down.” He paused. “At least, that’s what they said.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia wrapped her arms around Sephiroth’s abdomen as he laid down beside her. She shuffled around a bit before she pressed the tip of her snout against the side of Sephiroth’s neck. As she snuggled up against her mate, she contently breathed in his scent.

“I would not want to have your body parts removed by our children either,” Seferia agreed. “So, you’ll probably want to teach them that rough play with you is not acceptable, or…,” she tilted her head as she considered over Sephiroth’s various abilities, “… you find a way to use your Jenova cells to make yourself a form of dragon for when they want to play.”

Seferia then hummed as Sephiroth mentioned needing to go out again. Soon enough, she whispered a complaint in his ear, “I just got comfortable, too.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth considered Seferia’s words about the morphing into a dragon using his Jenova cells, dismissing it almost immediately in his mind. “How silly…” He thought.

He shook his head. “I don’t particularly want to move either but if things need to be done then they must be done.” He slowly sighed and moved to his feet. “I will pick up those things I said I would now. Assuming they are indeed finished….”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia loosened her grip in order to permit Sephiroth to slip away. While she had no reasons to keep him here, she felt that he shouldn’t make a useless trip.

So, she looked at him before she suggested, “Perhaps you should utilize your telepathy to check up on the order first. I don’t think there are any that are not used to telepathy in our group by now. So, you should have no issues.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth stopped in the doorway to consider Seferia’s suggestion. After another moment he gave her a nod, sitting back down on the mat once more. He was quiet as he sent out a telepathic signal, frowning at the silence afterwards.

“It was a clever idea in theory,” he said quickly. “However, there is a flaw. The person cannot respond ba…” He went silent again. “Yes he can. He just found somebody else to do it…”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia rumbled at Sephiroth’s words to her, for she found them to be humorous in a twisted way. In fact, this all brought a grin to her lips.

After a moment, she glanced up at the man before she simply stated, “I normally read the minds of those that I am trying to speak to, that way they do not need to have telepathy. As long as they concentrate on a clear sentence, I can gather their responses.”

She then nodded as Sephiroth stated that the man found someone else to do it. “I suppose that works as well.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth shook his head. “I’m not going to read a mind,” he said quickly. “Doing something like that just seems intrusive and an invasion of one’s privacy somewhere.”

He shook his head again at the thought, thinking to himself that he would be very uncomfortable and angry indeed if anyone ever did that to him. He took a moment to glare at Seferia when she made her own admission, snorting after she had finished talking.

“I would appreciate it if you would never do that to me,” He paused, adding, “Ever.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

“It is not an invasion of privacy if you explain to them that you are only going to read their surface thoughts so that they could respond back to you,” Seferia clarified. “As long as you give them proper instruction, they will understand what is going on.”

The black dragon then deeply frowned at the rest of Sephiroth’s words. Soon enough, she shook her head before she simply stated out, “I cannot comply with that request, Sephiroth. Our minds are linked in ways that most mortals would never even dream of. There have been times in which I’ve wondered if thoughts that come pass my mind are yours or mine.

“So, I cannot abide by your request to never read your mind. Our thoughts are linked. You know that, Sephiroth.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth sighed in resignation. “Fine, but don’t pry into my thoughts without a good reason to do so.” He said finally, folding his arms, looking quite stern.

“Well, we finally have free time. Until those items are delivered. We should take this time to relax, while we still can.” He sat down on the sleeping mat, rubbing his eyes. “It’s been a busy week.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia sighed once more before she rubbed Sephiroth’s back. She wasn’t certain if he was not fully listening to her or just trying to block out parts of reality. Still, she felt the need to restate the facts to him.

“Sephiroth, neither of us have much privacy in our thoughts,” she explained. “Our minds are linked such that you can feel my thoughts and visa versa without even actively trying to do such. Hence, whether I have good reason or not, I can pry into your thoughts without actively trying for it.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth was scowling now. He understood what Seferia had said previously and still wasn’t entirely impressed. He shook his head at her, frustrated now.

“Did you not hear what I said?” He snorted. “I would appreciate it if you wouldn’t. I would appreciate it if you would even bother to try not prying into my mind. You can do so without actively trying? Actively try to start not doing it.” He glared now.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia groaned, for, once again, she seemed incapable of explaining to Sephiroth facts without harming him at some level. Furthermore, she knew that he was aware of the facts that she was trying to explain. So, she simply could not fathom how to better explain it to him.

At last, she shook her head before replying again, “I cannot comply. You have known for months, ever since that first night, what the link between our minds meant. I explained it in full back then. I cannot change what it is. However, I can assure you that I do not actively peak around your mind. However, that does not stop the fact that I do feel it at all times.”

She then reached out to brush her fingers through his bangs. “If it helps soothe your feelings, I usually agree with your thoughts. I also find them very… admirable? I’m not even certain how to put my thoughts concerning how I feel toward you.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth was just plain frustrated now. He was cranky that none of his sentiments were getting through in the way he wanted them to and he made a loud harumphing sound, not sated by Seferia’s commentary.

“Are you not getting it? I’m obviously missing some kind of mark here… either that or you are understanding and just not… I don’t even know what you are doing!” He sighed in exasperation.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia released a groan of frustration. She did not understand at all how Sephiroth could understand what their mental bond meant and entailed but still be angry with her for the properties of the bond. There simply was nothing she could do concerning his complaints.

So, she attempted once more, “Sephiroth, our minds are linked. You are aware of this. That means that our thoughts are never private, not any longer. I explained this to you when the connection first formed, you and I are one, even though we are still separate beings. Also, at this point, I cannot remove our link. If either of us were to attempt such, we’d probably kill ourselves due to the mental shock and trauma that would occur from the separation. I hope you can understand this time.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth continued to huff and make grumpy noises, dissatisfied and frustrated. He wasn’t about to argue it any more however, and just made a low grumbling sound, glaring at the walls.

“Very well,” He said finally, “But please try not to pry into my personal thoughts.” He grunted sharply. “Even if you can’t help it, try. That’s all I am saying – TRY. Put some effort into it!”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia tilted her head at Sephiroth’s words. Soon after, she reached over to wrap her arms about his chest before she pulled him in toward her. As she hugged him, she began to stroke his head with her right hand.

“Sephiroth, we have been like this for coming on a year now,” Seferia attempted to soothe. “Have you been at all perturbed by what access I have from our connection until now? Have I ever abused our link? I respect you and do not actively pry into your thoughts, if that is what you are afraid of. You should know that by now.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth made a grumbling sound and shook his head. “I know what you are saying, and I acknowledge what you keep telling me. I’m saying yes, it does bother me that you can just tap into my mind any time you feel like for any information you need.” He snorted. “What am I, a text-book?”

“You do not actively do it, no.” He admitted. “And I would rather it stay that way!”

Viewing 18 posts - 426 through 443 (of 443 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.