The Nemesari: Past lost hope

Home Forums Kat + Seferia RolePlay Roleplay Forum The Nemesari The Nemesari: Past lost hope

Viewing 25 posts - 401 through 425 (of 443 total)
  • Author
    Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth was nicely reading his book and relaxed. He didn’t know what hit him as he was roughly shoved off the dragon. He stumbled halfway across the room, his book flew out of his hands, and sailed out the window. He blinked for a whole two seconds, trying to determine what the hell had just happened. Then it dawned on him. He sighed as he listened to the hatchling choke, but Seferia was already taking care of it. He made an aggitated grunt and left the house to go get his book back.

The male hatchling coughed loudly once the piece of fish was removed from his mouth and he shook himself off, happy to breathe again.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia sighed with relief as her son coughed, which proved that he had no problems breathing once more. Shaking her head, she mentally scolded herself for not having taken the time to mash up his food before giving it to him. So, she took the plate away to the side of the room so that she could mash the meat up with Sephiroth’s tools once more.

For now, her attention was on her son and his needs. So, she had not noticed Sephiroth’s surprise nor the fact that his book got tossed out the window. Unfortunately for his mate, she wasn’t paying attention to him at all.

So, after a few moments, she set the newly mashed plate of left-over food down in front of her son.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

The male hatchling rocked back and forth on his feet, trying to understand how to balance properly with all of his limbs. When the food was presented to him, he placed a wing arm down either side of the food, and then began to eat with more care than he had before. Now that he had learned that guzzling food had its consequences, he wasn’t as game to try it now.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia gently patted her son’s back, quite content that he was in good health and not in any danger. So, after a few moments, she got back to her feet so that she could return to lounging with Sephiroth once more. However, there was a problem with her plan: Sephiroth was not there any longer.

Blinking with surprise, Seferia looked around the area before she tilted her head. Soon enough, she mentally called out to her mate, ~Sephiroth? Where are you? What happened?~

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth scowled as he came back into the house with his book. He took his seat again and very angrily opened it again, glaring down at the text. Though he couldn’t really concentrate on his reading any more as he was too cranky. He certainly didn’t think it was worth it to answer to Seferia’s question either.

Seferia
    Keymaster

It took no time for Seferia to take note of Sephiroth’s mood. Even if she couldn’t feel it through their mental connection, his body language spoke clearly. So, she shuffled over to him once more before she reached in to gently massage his back. She hoped that she could remove his tension by relaxing his muscles.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth didn’t accept Seferia’s gestures this time around. He tensed his back muscles and glared back at her, motioning to the scuffed corner of his book.

“You got up and sent me flying. My book went out the window. It was nearly ruined. Next time you decide you want to fling me,” He grunted unhappily, “See how far you can propel me into the distance. Get a length of tape and measure it.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia openly stared at Sephiroth as he reported his trouble from only a few moments ago. She then pinned her ears back before she lowered her head.

Soon enough, she softly spoke, “My apologies. I did not mean to send you flying at all. However, I couldn’t ignore the danger the hatchling was in. Still, it was improper for me to shove you off like that. For that, I am deeply sorry.”

She then studied his book for a few moments. Personally, she didn’t think that it was too damaged. It was legible and only had a few scratches on the cover and edges of the pages. Nonetheless, she cast a spell to restore the book to a more pristine state.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth huffed in an angry manner when his book was repaired. He began to wonder if Seferia had missed the point. He quickly calmed however, and settled again. Though he was no more impressed than he had been before.

“Next time,” He said, scowling. “Keep an eye out. Please. I don’t want to go for another ride.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia nodded her head in understanding. She then softly spoke once more, “Forgive me. I am new at being a mother. You can’t expect me to be perfect in one day. However, I shall try not to do that again in the future.”

She did her best to give Sephiroth an assuring grin.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth made another unhappy sound, glaring ahead of him as he re-adjusted his posture.

“That’s fine,” He sighed, trying to let it go. “Just don’t let it happen again next time.” He grunted loudly. “I don’t want to go for another ride, possibly next time, out the nearest hole in our house. You’re stronger than you look and you forget it some times I think…”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia quickly shook her head. before she replied to Sephiroth, “No, I can assure you that I never ever forget how strong I am. I doubt that you’ve ever once felt the full brunt of my strength. Even that “flight” that you suffered a moment ago… That was not my full strength.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth openly glared at Seferia now, feeling like his point was being entirely missed. He made an irritated sound and slowly shook his head. “Don’t do it again… whatever you do. Next time, think about it.”

He made a gruff noise and resumed where he had left off with his reading, wanting to put the incident behind him.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia tilted her head, not understanding how her words of assurance kept on making Sephiroth more and more angry. She fully agreed with everything that he had told her. She was not fighting against him at all. In fact, she apologized. Yet, he was still angry? She did not get it.

At length, she sighed and nodded. “Yes, Sephiroth. I will strive to never do it again. I have given you assurances that I will do just that a few times already.” She once again moved to massage his back. “Please, trust me, I do not want to hurt you and did not mean it. I am sorry. I do not intend to ever do that to you again.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth made a low noise and shook his head. “Good…” With that he finally relaxed, accepting of Seferia’s affection. A tired sigh escaped him and he slowly shook his head, feeling a little dissapointed overall with how the day had turned out. Despite the things he had done, he had wished the day had gone better.

“Oh well,” He thought to himself. “At least NOW I don’t have to do anything further today….”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia yawned, for she was getting tired. Still, she continued to massage Sephiroth’s back, partially because she enjoyed the contact with her mate just as well as he did. After a bit of time, she shifted to glance over his book again. In part, she was curious as to what sort of content held Sephiroth’s interest. However, a larger part of her was bored.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth noticed Seferia’s curiousity and raised the book up to show her. It was a fictional novel about a galactic battle a long time ago in a galaxy far away, and looked to be part of a series. It is the third book in the series and although he seems involved with reading it, he is also vaguely bored of the content.

He continues to read though, for lack of anything else to do right now.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia silently looked over the book that Sephiroth was showing her. After a bit, she simply stated, “That doesn’t strike me as a genre that would interest you. Am I right in assuming that you have chosen that book because of the lack of reading materials in general?”

She lowered her head in thought, considering personally sneaking into one of the abandoned cities in order to find better books for Sephiroth.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

“Yes…” Seph muttered. “For lack of anything amongst the group, I traded my book on Earth’s World War II Dictators for this. The person liked fantasy and science-fiction. I told him to go read about real things. He told me to invest more time in science-fiction. I decided to give it a chance…” He made an irritated huff at his book.

“It’s alright, I suppose…”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia nodded at Sephiroth’s explanation, seeing how it fit exactly what she had expected, for the most part. Still, her idea to sneak off and get him a few books from a town or city was simmering inside her head.

So, she decided to investigate. “I see. And what sort of book would you actually prefer to read, Sephiroth? I know it wouldn’t be romance novels. Still, what would you pick out if you had a wide assortment?”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth pondered Seferia’s question.

“Factual information.” Was his first reply. “Books telling stories and events that actually happened. I would rather read something like that than anything else.” He continued to ponder. “Books about war. Books about conflict. Books about… detailing of weapons, I don’t care. Just make sure it is factual.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia tilted her head at Sephiroth’s selection. Sadly, it seemed much too predictable. She supposed that he had never branched out much, but to the degree of only wanting to read about war? She hadn’t quite imagined that. Still, she had no reason to argue his tastes.

“I see,” she replied. “I think I will be busy tomorrow. Can you please stay here and keep an eye on the hatchlings?”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth nodded. “I will make sure they don’t get into anything they shouldn’t.” He eyed off the male as he said this, for he was quite sure that if given the chance, the male hatchling would get into anything nearby.

“What are you going to get?”

Seferia
    Keymaster

A soft rumble emitted from Seferia’s chest as she shook her head at Sephiroth. Soon enough, she wrapped her arms about him to embrace him.

“Sorry, but this time, I’m going to keep a secret,” she whispered into his right ear before she nuzzled her nose against the side of his neck. “Or rather, I’ll try my best to keep it. I’d rather have you be surprised.”

She happily considered what sort of joy she would get when she presented the gift of new books to Sephiroth. The dragon also hoped that there would be no difficulty for her to pull off what she was thinking. She would have to sneak quite a bit to slip out, that was certain.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth was intruiged now. He didn’t really comment much on this however. He simply watched Seferia go about hugging him. All throughout the process he was faster losing interest in his book. He set it down finally and yawned with boredom, though right now he had little else to keep his mind occupied.

“Alright, keep it a secret.” He nodded. “Then I can be pleasantly surprised. I can appreciate those kinds of suprises, as opposed to a giant creature jumping out in front of you to have fun.”

Viewing 25 posts - 401 through 425 (of 443 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.