The Nemesari: Past lost hope

Home Forums Kat + Seferia RolePlay Roleplay Forum The Nemesari The Nemesari: Past lost hope

Viewing 25 posts - 226 through 250 (of 443 total)
  • Author
    Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth watched Seferia and lightly grinned in amusment. He wasn’t entirely sure what he should be doing for her at a time like now, except for staying out of her way and letting her get on with her own tasks.

He picked up the wash bucket and began setting up a fire just outside to heat the water in. Then he stepped back inside to take out his stool, dragging it off to the corner he had designated for washing in. He sat down on it and peered outside, waiting for now.

Meanwhile, one of the eggs began wiggling about, resuming the tapping noise it had picked up over the months passed. The noise got louder and stronger every day and right now it was quite aggressive.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia tilted her head to watch Sephiroth as he moved about. However, she didn’t budge from her vigil. After a bit, she narrowed her eyes before she shook her head.

~Sephiroth, I still have a bathtub in here due to my disability. You are free to use it. I do not know how many times I have mentioned this..~

She shook her head before she jerked her head up at the sound of the tapping. After releasing a trill of excitement, she shifted her head so that it was now hovering over the egg. Soon enough, she began to gently tap the egg in a sign of encouragement.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth frowned. “The bathtub takes too long to heat up…” He sighed. “I’ve told you that….”

Despite his words however, he picked up his washing items and headed for the bathtub anyway. He set his washing stool down nearby the tub and headed outside to retrieve his bucket, dousing the flames he had just created with the water. He knew better than to leave perfectly good fire wood burning. It would dry out before too long anyway.

Once he had his items gathered near the tub, he looked up at Seferia and gave her a hopeless grin.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia continued to gently nudge the egg, wanting to encourage the hatchling into tapping the other side of the shell. Still, at no point did she make any moves to break the shell herself. Thus, she doesn’t even see Sephiroth’s grin, for she is busy with the egg.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

The egg continues it’s tapping sounds, the noise becoming more aggressive and violent. There was more to just making the noise this time. The small one wanted to get out.

“Eeeee!”

Sephiroth frowned when he heard the noises. He picked up his stool and sat it down nearby the egg, curious to watch the scene before him. He had chosen the stool to sit down on because he figured he may be there a long time.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia finally looked up at Sephiroth once he sat down next to her. She then trilled in appreciation of his actions before she tilted her head back down to the egg. Once her nose was pressed against the sell again, she gently tapped it once more.

~I am glad that you are here. You desere to be here..~

She then tilted her head to the side as she heard the other egg begin to softly chirp and tap as well.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

The egg continued to wiggle and tap aggressively. There were angry squeaking sounds from inside the egg, and then a small crack appeared on the base. After another great shoves, the crack appeared larger. And then the egg was utterly silent.

Sephiroth just slowly nodded his head.

“I wouldn’t want to miss this.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia released yet another trill of excitement as she spots the crack in the egg. She then nudges the already hatching egg closer to Sephiroth before she begins to work on encouraging the other egg.

~You are quite a complex man, Sephiroth. You show no excitement, yet you are here. Very complex man indeed,~ she commented, finding great pleasure in Sephiroth’s behavior. ~Not that I would ask you to change any more than what you already have.~

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth scratched the side of his head. “I’m complex?” He said aloud, frowning. “Not really. My motivations are quite simple. Eat, sleep, survive.” He nodded to the bathtub. “My wants are also quite simple… I don’t need a bath like this and I had a bucket of water I was heating to clean myself off, but…” He shrugged lightly. “You insisted.”

The egg wobbled again before the tapping continued. Finally, a tiny flecked black and golden maw poked its way through the shell.

“Rrrrrr-itttt!” It said loudly, resting its snout in the open hole. The tiny nostrils sucked air in and out rapidly as the infant panted. Hatching was a lot of work, after all.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia rumbled with humor at Sephiroth’s statements. She then shook her head before she continued to nudge the second egg. As she tapped the second egg, she once again scooted the first egg closer to Sephiroth’s side.

~I was not referring to your bathing, Sephiroth. No, I wasn’t talking about that at all. You seem to not be able to decide whether you are excited to be a father or not. It is.. endearing.~

Meanwhile, the second egg continued to chirp as it tried to break out of its egg. Meanwhile, a slight scratching noise came about as the occupants tiny claws scratched against the inside of the egg. After a bit, the egg finally began to split apart.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth glanced down at the egg, unsure of what to do with it. Should he attempt to help the infants pry the shell off their eggs? He shrugged, pondering Seferia probably wouldn’t appreciate that very much. He crouched down beside the first egg and tapped on the top of the shell.

He was dissapointed when the tiny black and gold snout retreated into the egg.

“This one doesn’t want to hatch.” He said slowly, then resumed drumming on the surface of the egg with his fingers.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia glanced up as Sephiroth spoke his concerns to her. Rumbling at the statement, she shifted her head over to the egg before she snorted at it. Soon enough, she began to emit a psychic song to the hatchling. This song was meant to encourage it and give it reason to continue on.

Meanwhile, the second egg continued to wobble about until a tiny black horn finally broke the shell. Soon after, the horn retreated as the hatchling shifted to claw at the opening. Thus, the shell continued to slowly split apart.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

The tiny black creature inside the egg resumed its struggle. The speckled black and gold maw peeked out of the egg again before the entire head forced it’s way out. The tiny dragon blinked back at Seferia with piercing golden-green eyes and chirped pathetically, the rest of it wiggling inside the egg. It certainly appeared to be stuck. It began to flail its wings-arms, finally punching a hole big enough to get one arm through. It lay on the ground again, half-hatched, resuming its heavy panting.

Sephiroth just stayed back and watched in silence, torn between wanting to intervene and to stand there.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia leaned in to lick the hatchling, wanting to give it encouragement to continue pushing it’s way out of the egg. However, at no point did she move to assist the youth in cracking open the egg. As she licked the little one, she continued to serenade its mind with her telepathy.

~Come, little one. You can do it.~ Soon after, she turned her attention to Sephiroth. ~Perhaps you should watch over the other egg.~

Meanwhile, the sibling egg continued to rock before a tiny black hand managed to push out a large segment of the shell. The occupant chirped before it continued to scrape at the opening. The tiny claws tugged at the opening as the hatchling tried to widen the hole.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth crouched down beside the other egg and gently placed his hands on the top of it incase it wanted to roll around. He glanced down towards the crack and began waving a hand around the hole, trying to attract the creature’s attention inside the egg.

“Come on,” He said quickly. “Hatch.” He began telepathically humming to the creature in the same way he could hear Seferia doing it. Though with him repeating the song, it wasn’t anywhere near as melodius.

Seferia
    Keymaster

A chirp echoed from the second egg as the hatchling saw Sephiroth’s hand. The occupant then went silent for a few moments before it began to kick at the shell in order to break even more chunks out of the egg. After a few more minutes of this, the occupant finally tumbled out of the egg.

This particular hatchlng was mostly humanoid in shape, though she did have digitigrade legs, a tail, and a mostly black skin coloring, that was occasionally graced with silver highlights, with very fine scaling. There were a few horns at the top of the hatchlings head, which also had a tuft of silver hair that would eventually fully grow out to be similar to a human’s. Most striking about the hatchling was that she had a pair of feathered wings that resembled the one that her father could materialize. However, unlike his wing, the feathers had a scaled, leathery quality to them. The hatchling’s back and the upper part of her tail donned a series of defensive plates. Meanwhile, the tip of her tail fanned out with the same type of feathers that decorated the hathling’s wings.

Soon after hatchling, the creature glanced up at Sephiroth with wide, jade eyes.

Meanwhile, Seferia continued to encourage the first egg to fully come out of its egg.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth crouched down over the small hatchling and carefully picked it up, carrying it towards the bathtub. He smirked up at Seferia once more, then slowly shook his head.

“We are going to need that bath water afterall,” He said calmly. “Though not for the reason I had wanted it in the beginning…”

The small dragon finally began rolling out of his egg slowly like a corkscrew, landing in a heap on his back, feet in the air when he tumbled onto the ground. He made a small snorting sound before ejecting remnants of egg-liquids that had been down his nasal passages.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia happiily trilled as the first hatchling finally made his way out of the egg. She then leaned in to thoroughly like his body, not leaving a section of scaled hide unattended to. Once she felt that the hatchling was properly cleansed off of his amniotic fluids, she gently nipped down on his sides so that she could carry him to the bathtub as well.

~Hm? Well, it still is a bath. So, I suppose it is mostly for the same purpose as what you originally intended it to be for.~

The black dragon then tilted her head from side to side as she pondered over the bath. With water so close to their current location, she felt confident in magically transporting it into the clay tub. So, she soon began to magically fill the tub, being careful not to fill it too quickly since the hatchlings were not too tall.

Meanwhile, the female hatchling coughed and sneezed a few times as she got used to breathing in fresh hair. Once she was breathing on her own, she looked up at Sephiroth once more before she clutched onto his arm and pressed herself against him.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth gently lowered the female into the tub when the water was placed in the bottom so he could rinse her off and clean her properly. He was being overly gentle and cautious as he did this, mostly because he had never done it before.

“Bring the other one over here too.”

The baby dragon in Seferia’s jaws went quite limp when he was picked up. Maybe it was instinct, but he somehow knew not to move.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia gently set the male hatchling down in the tub. She then nudged his side in a supportive manner before she stepped away. She knew that her current form lacked arms. So, while being a dragon was helpful for helping with the hatching, it was not so useful for giving her offspring baths. Thus, Seferia closed her eyes before she began to change into her human form. Once fully formed, she moved to Sephiroth’s side before nodding at him.

“You’re doing well. If you want, you can join them. I know you intended to have a bath in the first place,” she managed to lazily smirk at him after speaking. “It won’t hurt them if you bathe along with them.”

The female chirped up at Sephiroth as he began to rinse her off. Soon enough, she spread open her wings, wanting to give her father even more access to her body. For now, the wings weren’t too impressive, for the feathers were quite downy and immature. However, there were hints that the full set of feathers would grow in within a few months.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth shook his head. “I’m not joining them in the bathtub…” He said rather quickly. “That would just be weird. Besides, I like my water scalding hot, and different to this.” He held onto the young female carefully as he washed her off, all the while watching the male curiously.

He was honestly surprised at how different each of them looked. One looked more like a proper bipedal creature, the other much more like Seferia in shape.

When he was done washing off the female, he gently picked her up again and bundled her into the soft dry towel he had nearby which had been intended for him. With that done, he thrust the towel and the youth into Seferia’s arms so he could work on washing off the other.

There was a slight problem though – the other hatchling didn’t want to be washed. He made a loud hissing noise as Sephiroth came near and swayed his head aggressively from side to side, staring at him with his piercing green-yellow eyes. He opened his maw and threatened to bite, growling.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia prompty wrapped her arms around the toweled bundle that she was handed. She leaned in to gently nudge the hatchling’s nose with her own nose before she turned around to set the girl down on the mattress that Sephiroth and she shared.

However, she blinked as she heard the commotion from the tub. Straightening up, the disguised dragon turned to look at Sephiroth. On determining that the hatchling is being agressive, she shook her head before firmly speaking out to Sephroth, “Ignore the noise. They don’t even have proper teeth grown in yet. Just go ahead and wash that one off too.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth nodded his head and began to wash off the male hatchling. There was a lot of angry squeaking and growling from the bottom of the tub over the next few minutes as Sephiroth washed him off and rinsed him down. Fortunately he had another towel and so he bundled the second hatchling up in it when he was done.

To his credit, the hatchling was quiet again once wrapped up. Sephiroth guessed there was some sense of security about it and rubbed his back dry.

“Oh well, at least it’s not trying to bite me now….”

Within a few moments however, the noise was back on again. The male was hungry, and intended to let the whole camp know.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia glanced at the tub from time to time as she dried off the female hatchling. While she was certain that Sephiroth was in no danger, she disapproved of the noise that the male was making. She would much rather have the hatchling respect and follow Sephiroth’s lead then fight against him.

Once her mate was finished washing the youth, Seferia nodded toward the mattress, “Go ahead and set him down with his sister here. This should be a sufficient sleeping spot for them.”

Feeling confident in Sephiroth’s handling of their hatchlings, the dragon moved over to the broken shells so that she could clean up the mess that was made by the hatchings.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth carried the male to the mattress that he and Seferia normally slept on. When he watched the male curl up in a ball and close his eyes to sleep, he couldn’t help but laugh in amusement.

“All growl and no bite.” He said as he picked up the stool he frequently sat on when he washed himself, setting it down near the mattresses so he could watch the infant’s behaviour.

“Set the female down near him, and I bet you anything that they will huddle.”

Viewing 25 posts - 226 through 250 (of 443 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.