The Beginning of Sephy and Jenna: That tricky L word

Home Forums Kat + Seferia RolePlay Roleplay Forum Main RP The Beginning of Sephy and Jenna: That tricky L word

Viewing 25 posts - 851 through 875 (of 1,412 total)
  • Author
    Seferia
    Keymaster

*In retrospective, Jenna’s personal logs are in much shorter supply, as if she hates actually having any documentation on herself. Within the middle of the list would be a number of files on Powers that be, Chaos, and then “Let’s play a little game”. If Sephiroth were to look into the files prior to the mentioned game file, he’d find a diagram of a rather complex looking spell within the Chaos log, but there is no actual explanation as to what that spell does aside from it being the “gateway”*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *narrows his eyes at the short list, then makes a loud ‘tch’ing sound, still mildly annoyed at the fact Jenna shoved him through the portal as a means of getting rid of him. The number of files on Chaos intruige him, and he begins to browse through them, wondering why Jenna would keep such a thing, and in her own personal files*

Seferia
    Keymaster

*The files don’t really indicate much about why she is so interested in Chaos at first. However, there are points that she does mention, “tool of Chaos” and “angel of destruction”, but she’s still being rather vague, almost on purpose, as to what those have to do with herself. However, she does say several things that indicate that she believes that from the chaos the universe was born as well that it is a realm of gods.

Once Sephiroth hits the “Let’s play a little game” file, the screen goes black for a few seconds. Slowly, the video becomes lit up by a few fires at the corners of the room, which provides enough light to show Jenna, who is sitting in a chair and wearing the leather outfit that she had previously claimed that she couldn’t remember where it came from. In her hand, there’s a large bottle of liquor that is nearly half-gone. Meanwhile, on the floor is the “gateway” spell that was mentioned in previous file, with the spell drawn onto the floor in what looks like blood. Also, her gloves have several dark stains on them, indicating blood. At the moment, her hair is obscuring her eyes, keeping their coloration hidden as well, as her head is tilted downward to the floor.*

Why, hello, little snake. *with these words, a large, morbid smirk appears on her lips. Unlike the normal way of her grins and smirks, this one might actually be classified as malicious. Also, her entire tone of voice is a bit off and seems as if she’s half-way singing the words.*
    Did you think I never expect your approach?
    Little snake, little snake, little snake indeed.
    How dense you think of most. *she darkly chuckles as she taps the side of her head, which she also shakes.*
    Hmm… *she glances at the side then smiles again* Let’s play a game. *her smile grows wider for a moment as she turns her head back to the camera*
    I’m certain that we might both gain.
    Or perhaps not at all.
    Here, let me toss you the ball. *With this, she chuckles once more then grins as she lifts her head to look into the camera. Rather than the fire-quality eyes that she normally has, blood red eyes glare at the screen. One would say that her eyes prove that there are quite a few screws loose in her head*

I know what you want.
    Yes, yes, I might even possess. *she glances down at her right hand and begins to click the claws together as if thinking*
    Of course, then again,
    That might be yours to assess. *She moves her hand out toward the camera, as if teasing to give a offer. Then, she loudly clanks her claws together and moves on to her next set of words*

*lifting up the liquor bottle that is in her left hand, she begins to slowly slosh the liquid around in a circular pattern and seems to absent-mindedly speak out*
    In between the dark and light.
    Flesh no longer exist.
    Stop and stare ahead.
    Perhaps you’ll see through the mist.
    Dark ahead and light behind,
    I don’t think either do really mind.
    Gold does rise and weave.
    But maybe it is only there to peeve.
    Speak, I dare.
    Voices do not drift.
    Then again,
    Knowledge of the words might fall into the rift. *She yawns and acts as if the words she just spoke are rather boring to her. Then, she brings the bottle to her lips and gulps down a small bit*

Dare you enter this realm?
    Do you even know what it is?
    Have you drifted so far from your path?
    Do you forget the purpose of this quiz? *Once again, she smirks and chuckles, shaking her head as if she knows the answer*

Hm… little snake.
    I won’t ever forget to repay.
    For every planet you do consume.
    I shall send ten away. *With these words, she glares at the screen once more, growling at the very thought that her threat would not be taken seriously*
    Oh, do you not like that news? *she tilts her head to the right side and smirks once more*
    Litlle snake, what do you carve?
    I know most certain indeed,
    You will not like to starve. *She chuckles and licks her lips then shakes her head. With this, she leans forward and sets her chin in her right hand*

Oh yes, the game,
    How mean of me.
    I did forget,
    I must have indeed. *She crosses her arms and acts as if she’s berating herself for her brief lapse, though the movement is clearly faked. She then chuckles and looks straight at the screen once more*

Seek between the lines,
    And then even deeper.
    Then again, maybe only those of flesh, *As if to emphasize her point, she moves her right index finger to her breast and presses her claw into her skin, making it bleed*
    Might become this sleeper.
    Then again, maybe I do lie.
    I guess that is yours to find.

*At the end of the clip, Jenna pulls out a knife that was hidden within the side of her right boot and throws it at the camera. A loud crack can be heard as it instantly breaks upon impact. Thus, the video ends a chaotic pattern of static and slowly fades back to darkness.*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *reads through the files, scowling to himself at the vagueness of the subject. He watches the next recording, silent through the entire transmission. He narrows his eyes in thought as he tries to make sense of Jenna’s words and rambling, just sitting there in the silence long after the recording has finished. He grunts and makes the message rewind, watching it again, listening very carefully to Jenna’s words*

I’m not exactly sure what you’re trying to say, *speaks aloud to himself* But there is a hidden message in your ramble. *slowly shakes his head, sighing* This is not like you at all… what happened to cause this state of mind? *shuffles about in the seat and sits up properly* You obviously are in posession of something that the snake wants, I understand that part well enough, but… what the hell is it?

Sephiroth then moves back through Jenna’s other files, wondering if he’s missing out on anything. When he browses through her other files, he slowly mutters out the words ‘tool of Chaos’ and ‘angel of destruction’ aloud to himself, frustrated.

Sephiroth: So you have access to a tool of Chaos? You own one? Did you steal it from the snake? *grunts* What does it all mean? *lowers his head, resting his forehead in his hands* This is too much to think about… and I need to do something before that idiot winds up blowing herself up at the same time as the snake… *groans slightly, then grunts at Centra* Did Jenna archive anything on immortality bonds?

Seferia
    Keymaster

Centra: *promptly speaks as soon as Sephiroth makes his inquiry* Affirmative. I shall pull up the requested files. *After about a minute, a select few files, whose total number can be counted on one hand, appear on the screen.

One of the files simply just states how the bond works. It details that the bond is formed by pulling away a piece of each participant’s soul, leaving a tether to the original within that piece, and then intertwining the tethers before sticking the two pieces onto the soul of the other partner. Thus, the two bits meld the two souls together to just the point that they are “bonded” and would remain alive in any given situation as long as one side of the bond is still alive. Even a few seconds inbetween deaths would allow for the bonded pair to stay alive. Also, the bonded pair tends to feel the leach of their partner’s emotions and thoughts. Upon this discussed element, a side-note seems to appear which states “must block”, but nothing else.

Another file hypothesizes on whether or not a pair that bonded is equivelent to the same creatures that existed prior to the bond. It mostly just is a bouncing of ideas as to whether the bit of soul that was taken away and traded was enough to actually alter the original soul. Unfortunately, there is no actual answers in this file and just pure speculation and random thoughts.

Then, there is another file that lists ideas on how to annhilate the bond. Most of the ideas have the word “fail” next to it. However, there is a singular idea of “ask powers that be/Chaos for knowledge” which is soon followed by “Not worth the effort”.*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *seems rather pleased as Centra brings up the few files she has in her database about bonds. He reads through the document thouroughly, zoning out on everything else for the time being. He also browses through the other files, raising an eyebrow at the speculative comments. However, when he reads the list of all the things Jenna has tried and reads the bottom listing that is “not worth the effort”, he rises to his feet, deeply scowling* That has to be it… there’s nothing else, is there? Centra, how do I find these ‘powers that be’? I want to talk to them. They have to do something…

Seferia
    Keymaster

Centra: Input invalid. No search results available. Searching for alternatives to inquiry. *Soon after, the files on Chaos and the file with the riddle reappear, but no additional information comes up* Suggestion: Mystical inquiries might have more answers in the libraries. Those books have not been placed into my database. However, there is a large chance that books will be inaccessible with someone of your language skills.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *sighs* Likely…. can you help me, Centra? I can carry one of your surveilence modules into the library and you can identify something like that, right? I don’t know what else to do. I want to go looking, but.. *frowns and glances towards the door, thinking hard* If the books were placed in your database, you could translate them, correct?

Seferia
    Keymaster

Centra: My apologies, but those books are restricted access. I am not allowed to document or translate them. I cannot assist you with that task.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *grunts* Well, do I have access to them? If I can’t even get to them and read them, what the hell am I supposed to do? I can’t sit around here and do nothing while Jenna goes wherever she is, and blows herself up to kill the snake. *scowls*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Centra: I cannot block you from the library. However, I cannot translate the books for you. *pauses for a moment* Sir, if I might make a suggestion? The files you were reading had reference to a gateway, which was very well shown in that one file that you watched several times. My analysis programs suggest that Jenna most likely was giving clues as to how to work that gateway and that the gateway has something to do with an item labeled as “Chaos”.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *mutters in irritation* So I keep hearing… Even despite her ramble and crazy versed poem, She didn’t really indicate anything as to a location. *snorts, then glances down at the notes he has made in his journal* So you can keep telling me about Order and Chaos for as long as you like, I get it. *scowls* But unless I have any evidence towards a location, it’s pointless. All I have are files describing it, and a crazy woman rambling in her own blood.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Centra: If it helps, that room is located here. Perhaps that is a location that you need. *pulls up a map of the base. On about the fourth floor, deep within the cave network, the room where Jenna shot the versed riddle is highlighted and blinks* There is an 80% chance of clues there.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: I thought you said you already gave me everything you could find on the subject. If that is the case, why are you sending me somewhere else for more clues? *glowers at the screen, becoming impatient and irritated with the entire situation* I can’t sit here all day reading irrelevant documents and waste time. That woman is going to kill herself before too long.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Centra: Your words are illogical. You state that you cannot stay seated here all day long reading documents, yet that is what you are doing. I have no more documents on the matter in my database; however, that does not eliminate the possibility of more answers being found elsewhere. Your words have indicated that you still have questions, so I have pointed out the most statistically plausible location for more answers.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *slowly shakes his head* I said I can’t sit here all day reading irrelevant documents. *deeply scowls* That is a waste of time, why bother reading something irrelevant?! *moves to his feet again and heads for the room Centra indicated to him before*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Centra: Best of luck, flesh creature, designation: Sephiroth. *as soon as he exits the room, she shuts down all the lights and consoles*

*The room where Jenna had shot the video had not been touched for years. The air within it is quite stale since the door had been shut for years. Also, there’s be a series of burnt-down torches that had died out decades ago, so the room would be rather dark and hard to see, even with ambient light from the hallway. It is possible that one could see the hints of the blood stains that are on the ground and splashed against the wall, but details would not be really visible until the room is lit*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *narrows his eyes as he enters the room, then he forms a light ball in his hands, raising it up so he can move around the room and examine it more closely. He ignores a lot of the blood stains for now and focusses on searching for clues he would deem relevant, such as books, items, etc* This is ridiculous…

Seferia
    Keymaster

*There are no books at all in the room. However, the moment that Sephiroth steps into the center of the circular “gateway” spell that was drawn in blood on the ground, the symbols flash for a moment as well as a faint whispering would fill the air for just a moment. However, the whispers would not be in English and may be so faint that they could be considered as nothing more than a trick of the wind. The chair that Jenna had sat in throughout the video is no longer in the room at all. Instead, there is a small pad that would suggest a make-shift sleeping mattress in the center of the room now*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *becomes attentive to the flashing, then steps into the room properly, scanning the area for life energies as he examines the walls, scowling as he hears the whispers. He nearly trips over the floor mattress in the room’s center, then crouches down to touch it, wondering why it’s there*

Seferia
    Keymaster

*While the runes that compose the spell continue to swirl with magical energy from time to time, there is no more whispering. The mattress is rather old and ratty, having been in that spot for several decades at best. It does show the indents of a body that slept on it, but aside from that and its age, there isn’t much to note about the pad*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *sits down on the mattress, then takes out his journal to write in, pondering what to do about the current situation now. He continues looking around the room, pondering what it could all mean* Hmph… silly woman. I hope it’s not too late. *gets into a comfortable position while writing, continuing to hold the light ball up*

Seferia
    Keymaster

*The spell lights up a bit more as he sits down on the mattress. After about a minute, the “gateway” spell begins emitting low-level pulses of energy which are intended to make the person inside of it feel tired and ready to sleep*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *finishes up with the entry, then closes his book, frowning as he becomes sleepy. He tries to fight against it, but ends up succumbing to it and falling asleep where he is anyway. He curls up on the mattress, seeming annoyed at the fact he wanted to stay awake and explore more*

Seferia
    Keymaster

As soon as Sephiroth actually falls asleep, the lines of the spell begin to brightly light up and engulf the room. Soon enough, Sephiroth would be transported to a metaphysical realm, or at least his spirit would be transported while his body is left behind, still asleep. Once Sephiroth “wakes up”, he’d find himself on a mist-covered ground in a rather grey and barren “world”. To one side, there is a deep darkness with clouds that seem to thunder and roll about. To the complete opposite side is a brightly lit area*

Viewing 25 posts - 851 through 875 (of 1,412 total)
  • The topic ‘The Beginning of Sephy and Jenna: That tricky L word’ is closed to new replies.