The Beginning of Sephy and Jenna: That tricky L word

Home Forums Kat + Seferia RolePlay Roleplay Forum Main RP The Beginning of Sephy and Jenna: That tricky L word

Viewing 25 posts - 626 through 650 (of 1,412 total)
  • Author
    Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *quietly listens to Jenna as she reads off the menu selection, seeming only vaguely interested at best in some of the food. He shrugs his shoulders and heads for the door* I think I’ll wait for a while before eating. None of that sounded appetising at all.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: Very well, Seph.. Though try not to wait too long. Dying of starvation is rather… annoying. *tosses the menu to the side then moves to follow him* So, what of my other suggestion? Do you think you’re good enough to just absorb knowledge like languages from other people’s minds?

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: Hmm.. *glances towards the ceiling, thinking hard* Possibly. It would take some time, though. A language is not typically something you learn overnight, now is it? Also, considering what happened the last time I tried to enter your mind to read it, I’m not so willing to try again for some time. *scowls* It really hurt, I hope you know.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: *Frowns at his words* I can assure you that my barriers and protective means were never meant to keep you out. *mutters under her breath* You are not the one that I have problems with. *quickly returns to her normal speaking tone* However, how do you expect me to discern who it is that is trying to tap into my head when I am asleep and not aware? *shakes her head at him* Where are we going?

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: Perhaps if I have a way to let you know, but… *grunts* Why would I ever have a reason to get into your head again? I was just trying to find out why you were upset before. *nods towards the door* And to answer your question, we are going outside. To explore.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: *narrows her eyes* My, that’s very specific… *Shakes her head at him. Still, she doesn’t stop as she follows him. Eventually, she reaches over to gently grip onto Seph’s left hand* As for getting into my head, I don’t know. But I’m certain learning things like language would go much faster and smoother if you tried my suggestion. *Shrugs*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *when Jenna grasps his hand, he holds onto hers, stopping momentarily so she can walk beside him* I already told you, I don’t want to try your suggestion. I do not like what happened before. I don’t want to try again so soon. Perhaps it might be a useful language to learn, but I would also like to learn more useful ones. Such as that old language in your base.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: Hm? Which old language? You mean the one that only Kerash and I speak? *Shakes her head* If you want to learn that one, you’d definitely need to go to me to learn it. There’s few others than myself who know the language. *massage the side of his hand with her thumb*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *lightly squeezes her hand* There is that one, and the one written in your books. I don’t know what language it was, but you have an extensive library containing books in that language. *frowns in thought for a moment, then speaks aloud some of the words he was reading through in one of her spell books* “dorsum nudum fero tui sceleris”.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: Latin? *chuckles at him* Seph, you are saying that the two languages that matter to you are dead languages. No one speaks latin anymore. Same with the language I grew up speaking. *Sighs at him* You’d get much more use out of Japanese, Chinese, German, Spanish, and so on.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: I’d only benefit from them if I intend to use them to travel your home planet. Which I don’t have much of a desire to do. As for the languages on your island, I feel that they would be of more importance to me at this time. *shrugs* They may be considered dead, but they are most used where you live.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: Latin is only really used in the books that pertain to magic.. It’d be easier for you to learn magic from a living person. However, if you really want to learn Latin, I’ll teach it to you, Seph. *glances up at the sky, not really caring where they are going at the moment*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *just heads down the street, both following the flow of people walking nearby, as well as the smells in the air. Occaisonally he glances into the food stores that they pass by, but keeps on walking, trying to look for one that would appeal to him right now* You shall have to, then. And the other growling language. I want to learn that bec–*cuts himself off as he stops in front of a ramen shop, deciding to move inside*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: *wasn’t particularly paying attention to Seph’s movements for a bit, so she accidently walks into him as he stops. She then takes a step back and frowns at him* Some warning could be useful. *shakes herself off then sighs* Why exactly do you want to learn my native tongue now? You didn’t finish your sentence.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *frowns* Sorry. *moves to sit down at the table in the shop, then immediately breaks into the shopkeeper’s mind. He manipulates and takes hold of his mind momentarily, browsing through his thoughts and memories. He also manipulates the man into thinking that he has already ordered the food, and once he releases himself from the man’s mind again, he nods at him, placing a $100US bill onto the table as payment* I just wanted to learn. What’s wrong with that?

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: Don’t worry about it, Seph. I just doubt you like having me run into your bad all that often. *Sits down across from Seph and doesn’t really seem to notice, or she doesn’t care, what he’s doing with the shop keeper. However, once he gives her his explanation, she mutters* Seph, please stop taking me for a fool. That was not the sentence that you were going to say when you stopped. *looks into his eyes* Now, please, just tell me what you were going to say.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: Fine… I want to know what you say in your sleep. *shrugs and leans back in the seat, grinning as the man brings a giant bowl filled with clear broth, fresh ramen noodles, and large tender chunks of beef. He picks up the chopsticks provided with the set table, then begins to hungrily eat*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: Ah, I see. Hrmph, I doubt it’s anything understandable even if you can understand the language. Those who speak in their sleep don’t tend to form full sentences. *tilts her head as she watches Seph dig into the dish that was brought in then smirks* Still don’t believe me that this culture is similar to that of Wutai’s?

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: The chopsticks, yes. The food, yes. The old decorative pagoda rooves, yes. But that is where the similarities end. *picks up a small ceramic spoon meant for the broth and begins to eat that part of his meal* It is a pity you do not like this kind of food. I’ll be able to finish it all, but it is quite filling. As well as healthy for you.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: *Groans at Seph’s statements concerning the food. She then lowers her head and mutters* Will it make you feel better if I take a bite out of your food? I’ll do it if you really want me to… *faintly scowls at the thought though*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *slides the bowl over to her, then hands her the chopsticks* Go ahead. The noodles contain a lot of complex carbohydrates, which will give you a lot of slow burning energy for a good number of hours. The liquid doesn’t serve much nutritional value, however.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: *Groans at Seph* Do note, I am just doing this so you will stop hassling me about it. *glares at the soup for several minutes and snorts. She then looks at the chopsticks before softly speaking* Even if I knew how to use those… *looks at her clawed gloves* I don’t think so.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: It’s getting cold, hurry up. *keeps his arms folded for most of the time as he watches her. Then he shakes his head, picking up the chopsticks himself, picking up a wad of tenderized cooked beef in them. Then he holds it up to her mouth, offering it to her to eat*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: *Frowns at the offered food then shakes her head. She releases a resigned sigh before opening her mouth and taking in the offered food. She does her best not to cringe as she eats the food, but it’s clear that she is not liking the flavor at all. Once she swallows she coughs and slightly scowls*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *slowly shakes his head* I can’t believe you don’t like it. It’s one of the most delicious prepared beef snacks I’ve ever tasted. *shrugs and takes back the bowl, picking it up so he can drink the rest of the liquid in the bottom* *”I shall have to come back here another day. This food is very good.”*

Viewing 25 posts - 626 through 650 (of 1,412 total)
  • The topic ‘The Beginning of Sephy and Jenna: That tricky L word’ is closed to new replies.