The Beginning of Sephy and Jenna – Renewal and then double

Home Forums Kat + Seferia RolePlay Roleplay Forum Main RP The Beginning of Sephy and Jenna – Renewal and then double

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 2,260 total)
  • Author
    Seferia
    Keymaster

Darkness… That was all she could really remember. She knew time was passing by. However, how much.. what was going on during that time… why was she where she was… She couldn’t really think of much. In fact, she didn’t really know much of anything.

Every now and again, she’d suddenly wake up and find herself covered in blood or alone, always so very alone. Sometimes, the blood would be her own, as if she were trying to kill herself. Other times, it was from unknown location. In fact, the clothes that she wore were not hers either. Why would she wear such things that flaunted her skin so much? So unlike her.. She would try to remember, try to reason, try to think. Still, she could never really explain any of it.

During these brief moments, she’d curl up and shiver. She could still remember his warmth next to her. How she longed to be with him again. Why could she never make it back to him? Every time she tried, the world would begin to tip and turn again. Then, back to the darkness…

Finally, after eight long years of barely living, she had managed it. She opened up a portal to her home. How it hurt her head to try such. Why did it hurt so much? Gripping onto her forehead, she stumbled toward the portal she opened. Then, she jumped through, hoping that she wouldn’t black out again once she reached the other side.

Thus, Jenna exited the portal and smacked straight into the cliff wall that hid Halcyon’s base. It hurt so much.. But at least she was home.

After the rough impact with the rocks, she flopped onto the ground and remained motionless. For, she had been completely knocked out by her impact.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Things on the other side of the coin weren’t much better for Sephiroth. While he didn’t engage in any fighting or dangerous feats without his knowledge, he still wasn’t any happier.

Having his soul trapped inside of the materia had essentially turned him into an invalid. His slow moving body had taken years to get used to, and another few years to finally gain some proper degree of control over. Years of not being active had taken it’s toll on his limbs and joints – the ligaments had essentially lost their elasticity and were always going stiff. The image of the once-proud warrior who could topple entire armies almost seemed like it had happened in another life now. And in a way, he supposed it had. This was certainly not how he had pictured his future.

Though it was not all bad. As the years increased, so did his capacity for tolerance and learning how to cope with the situation. He did manage to gain a degree of control over his body, to the point of actually becoming partially functional again. When he wasn’t tending to Desiree or caring for the other two, he was spending his time lifting very small weights in an attempt to return some degree of fluid movement back into his limbs. If it hurt, he didn’t really feel it – pain was a physical thing, and being sealed in the materia had pretty much ensured that his pains were numbed out.

In the years without Jenna, the time also allowed him to develop a very close bond with his daughter, and the other two he regarded as his children. He’d never really intended Desiree to sleep with him in bed, but she would do so anyway. But night was always the worst time of all for him. During the nights, all was quiet and his mind would wander frequently – he would dwell heavily on his situation and during this time he would realize that he missed Jenna the most. During the day time he was able to distract himself. During the day, others were awake to watch him, judge him. Night brought darkness, and under it’s veil he would allow his true emotions to surface. And he would spend most of that time crying like a little kid. And it was probably for this reason that his daughter would seek him out. He would sometimes protest a little, but never pushed her away. Desiree’s close presence and warmth was a great comfort to him. And sometimes, when she was there, he would see Jenna. Did he want her so badly, he had started hallucinating now? Was he going crazy? Not even he knew. But he also didn’t care.

The immortality bond seemed to twitch occaisonally, but that was all he ever got from it. It’s continued existance was the main reason that Sephiroth hadn’t given up hope. While the bond hadn’t broken at any point, it was so far stretched and thinned across dimensions that he didn’t feel the other end. He couldn’t tell where it was, and he couldn’t communicate across it. But – it was still active, and it existed. And that was all that mattered.

And so he carried out this way for most of the eight years. Depressed, often lost, physically disabled, and overall, a useless dysfunctional mess. If not for his three children and clinging onto the hope of Jenna’s returning one day, he would have thrown his life away by now. But the responsibility of his children, and the fact that the immortality bond line to Jenna was still active, kept him moving onwards. They were his only reason for continuing to exist.

Today seemed like any other ordinary day. He had woken two and a half hours ago, and was almost finished with his normal slow stretching routine. His shoulders had been particularly stiff during the last week and he wanted to see to it that they were moving fluidly again. Desiree and her siblings had already gone upstairs to lessons, so he was all alone for now.

So he continued his exercise. His shoulder made a loud uncomfortable crunching sound as he turned it back.

“Damn stupid stiffness…” He grumbled to himself. After a moment of rubbing it, he resumed the stretching routine. “Stupid. Necessary, but utterly stupid…”

A rather strange sensation came over him at that moment, as Jenna came through the portal. The immortality bond seemed to tingle, altering itself after having been stretched for so long. The silver-haired man sat up tall, paying very close attention to it now. What was this strange sensation he was feeling? Was it real? He quickly checked around the room, finding nothing unusual or out of the ordinary. This was really happening to him.

He rose to his feet, giving the bond an experimental little tug. To his surprise, it jerked slightly, and he could feel the other end. What was going on? Was it….? No – It would be foolish to think that. The man hurriedly headed headed for the stairs, both very hopeful, wary, and suspicious. What would he find when he arrived up there?

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: *lies in a heap just outside the base entrance. Actually, she is a few yards to the left of the entrance. Her clothes are rather tattered and in need of changing. She is wearing an outfit made out of black leather. There is a coat, a halter-top, and a rather short pair of pants. Also, she has boots on. Still, it is clear that the clothes have taken heavy abuse in their time. There is old blood stains and tears all throughout the clothing. As for her physical being, she seems more or less healthy. However, there is a huge gash on her forehead at the moment, thanks to her exit*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *is a mixture of emotions as he hurries up the stairs. He is both afraid of what he’ll find, hopeful, excited, and apprehensive. Part of him is also very angry at Jenna for leaving in the first place, but most of that had been blocked out by the fact that he has missed her terribly*

*He rushed faster, flinging the door open once at the top. He was extremely hesitant as he made the discovery outside, and crouched down beside the still form, reaching out to touch her* What the hell happened to you… *his voice is a mixture of sadness and dissapointment. He runs his fingers along her nearer shoulder and upper arm, then gently sighs, before rolling her onto her side* Are you dead? Or just knocked out…?

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: *releases a soft groan as she’s moved about, indicating that she’s still alive. However, for now, she stays knocked out and unconscious*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *sits croslegged on the ground nearby her form, patiently waiting for her to wake up or come to again. He’ has been waiting eight years for this moment, and so waiting a few more minutes, perhaps a few more hours won’t matter at all to him*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: *finally begins to come to after about an hour and a half. She releases another groan then shakily sits up. She grips onto her forehead, touching the area where her head was hit. For now, she has her back turned to Seph, so she doesn’t notice him at all*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *just keeps a close eye on Jenna pretty much the entire time, sitting up tall when she sits up. He seems wary of her movements, and he is not sure if she is of sound mind right now. The apprehensive part of his mind causes him to go on the defensive, and he moves to his feet, wanting to protect the base and the occupants inside**

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: *blinks and lifts her head as she notices that she is not alone. She turns to face Sephiroth then stares at him. After a moment, she glances down* You look horrible, Seph…

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *scowls slightly* I could say the same of you… *raises a hand up to tap his forehead, then nods in her direction* Especially that part… *sits down again near the doorway, continuing to keep a close eye on her*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: *rubs the area where her head was hit once more. She then slowly nods her head* Yes… *looks around then mutters* Am I really back?

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: Depends on your definition of back… *frowns slightly* Back on Halcyon? Yes. As for what else you’re asking about..? Probably… *lowers his head, speaking in a very quiet voice* Welcome back… if that is you.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: *stares at Sephiroth for another few minutes, trying to really determine that she’s really here. Then, she quickly moves in to hug him, seeming to be quite relieved. However, she is also quite saddened by the fact that she can’t really explain what’s been going on. Unfortunately, she can be careless enough to jostle about the armlet that’s holding the materia with his soul*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *his eyes widen slightly as she approaches, and he frowns as she hugs him. He tries to push her away, leaning backwards. When she disrupts the armlet, the materia inside of it pops out and rolls away in the grass, and Sephiroth goes quite numb and lifeless, relaxing like a meat bag*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: *at first, she just wants to hold onto Seph and feel his warmth again. So, she doesn’t automatically notice that he has lost responsiveness. Eventually, after a few minutes, she glances up at his face and frowns at his lifeless it looks. Her eyes widen as she notices the armlet. She then begins to frantically search around for the “materia”. Upon finding it, she tightly grips onto it and presses it against her chest* I’m so sorry..

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *a sharp surge of annoyance surges from the materia-shaped amulet as Sephiroth’s soul becomes turbulent inside. His red life energy swirls about inside of the bauble like a tiny thunderstorm, and Jenna may feel a momentary spark, or her hand may even twitch as Sephiroth tries to send signals through the armlet he’d been wearing, trying to gain control over his body*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: *frowns as her hands twitch thanks to Seph’s activities. However, she doesn’t mind it too much. Instead, she studies the orb for a moment. Then, she looks up at Seph’s body and frowns* I think I can fix this.. I did this, right? So, I should be able to fix this… *she suffles closer to his body. She then presses the orb against Seph’s chest. Soon enough, she tries to cast a spell to syphon his soul out of the orb and into Seph’s body*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *at first nothing happens at all. Then, slowly he begins to twitch as his life energy is syphoned back into his body, filling it with a soul once again. He moves to sit up, scowling at his horridly stiff limbs, seeming to be in great discomfort*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: *looks into Seph’s face, hopeful, as she casts the spell to restore Seph to normal. Once he begins to move about again, she releases a deep sigh that she had been holding in. Then, as soon as she’s certain that his entire soul is back in it’s rightful place, she drops the orb then presses herself against Seph’s chest again* I am sorry..

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *turns his attention down to Jenna, then picks up the trinket in which his soul had been trapped in for the last eight years. He turns it over in his hand for a moment, then angrily flings it far away from him, snarling* Where the hell have you been…? And… and… *furrows his brows, growling as his voice becomes choked up* Why?

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: *softly sighs at him. She then lowers her head, shaking it slowly* I’m sorry, Seph… But, I don’t know. I can’t tell you. I really just.. don’t know at all. *leans up against him. She then sighs*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *tries to push her away, but he is very unco-ordinated in his movements thanks to not having natural control over his body for the last eight years* You don’t know…?? H-how… *grits his teeth, growling at himself* How can you be sure it won’t happen again? How can you come back like that and not know where you’ve been? What happens if you go away again? What happens then, Jenna? Did you ever think about that…?

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: *shakes her head. She just lowers her head and tries to remain close to him, due to the fact that she’s been honestly missing him during the times in which she can remember. She then softly speaks out* I can’t give you the answers…

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: I can’t do anything with that… *begins to sniffle, then tries to push her away again* Stop it… *doesn’t push her again, but instead draws her closer and moves his arms around her. As he does so, he makes a soft growling noise, utterly conflicted in his mindset right now* Why did you do that…? I.. I don’t know what I’m doing any more…

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: *Shakes her head* What do you mean, Seph.. *looks up at him, frowning* Why did I do what? *glances to the side* I didn’t do something else without knowing now, did I?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 2,260 total)
  • The topic ‘The Beginning of Sephy and Jenna – Renewal and then double’ is closed to new replies.