The Beginning of Sephy and Jenna: Phase Two

Home Forums Kat + Seferia RolePlay Roleplay Forum Main RP The Beginning of Sephy and Jenna: Phase Two

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 1,060 total)
  • Author
    Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: *rolls her eyes* You are a fledgling, novice, unexperienced, so on. I am simply saying that you are untrained and five minutes of knowing how to do one spell do not qualify you for moving on to bigger things, so to speak. *shakes her head* I never said you are hopeless, but you should simply practice some.. *softly sighs as she considers what he said* However, if it matters to you that much, I’ll teach you more.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: I can do my best to learn, but I can’t promise you much success in a field that’s not part of my natural talents. I’m no mage, I already told you that. *moves away from her, moving to lean against the wall, folding his arms* I could probably mimic most of your magic with my abilities anyway.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: Hrmph, you were the one throwing the hissy fit a moment ago. *snorts at him* And I doubt it. There is much more that can be done with magic than psychic abilities. *crosses her arms* I doubt you even know how magic truly is formed.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: Why should it matter or interest me? I cast magic via my own means. That’s good enough for the purpose I need and intend it for. *scowls* I was not having a hissy fit. You called me inexperienced, I was offended and spoke up about it. Or do you just want me to say nothing?

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: You were the one who asked me about a destructive spell to start with after I was kind enough to let you try out something new. And I was simply stating truth. As far as casting magic, you are inexperienced since you just started, literally. *shakes her head at him* And those stupid stones are pathetic as far as I’m concerned. They are rigid in their rules and might not even work outside of your home planet for long.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth:Stupid stones? *snorts* You must mean the materia – they work fine. And they grow, so it’s not like they’re going to run out of energy or anything. *scowls in irritation* I am not inexperienced as far as many things go. So stop saying it.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: I believe you yourself once explained that they work by calling upon the knowledge of your planet. This is slightly not your planet, Seph. I doubt they will continue to work for long without being on the planet which gives them power.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: If your planet works on the spirit energy based cycle, then they will work no matter where they are on your planet. If not, then… *slowly shrugs* Perhaps they will lose their potency after a while. Who knows. I’ve not used them anywhere else.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: I’ve shown you the lava pits under this base, so you should know full well that there is no life stream down there. *frowns in thought* I’ll show you how magic works though. *closes her eyes and then begins to weave a complex spell. As she casts the spell, strands of energy begin to slowly flicker into existence before the entire room is filled with various threads of energy and auroras, including ones surrounding Sephiroth and Jenna. If Sephiroth pays attention to Jenna’s eyes when she opens them again, he’d be able to see that they’ve taken the reptilian/draconic shape once more* This is what is manipulated in order to cast magic.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *seems curious as he watches the display, slowly shaking his head* So instead of drawing energies from yourself, you just steal them from the air around you. *scowls* And they called me evil for wanting to do the exact same thing to the planet.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: *groans and shakes her head* No, that is not how magic works. A spell-caster never actually “steals” energy. *shakes her head* They are a focal point for which energy moves and gets converted, but never does the energy become theirs. *despite her words, her own aura has quite an abundance of energy. In fact, the amount that Jenna always has flowing through her would make her aura look sickly and not quite healthy* Magic is.. well, in ways that a normal human would understand, it is the science of converting free-standing energies and other energies that most cannot sense and the manipulation of it into usable form for the caster. *the energy in the middle of the room visibly ripples then condences as she casts a spell to create a small flamed tornado*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *scowls and moves his arms up to protect himself as the flamed tornado appears, not trusting it at all to stay as it is right now* You’re still using energies from elsewhere. Just because they are freestanding and belong to nobody in particular does not mean you’re not stealing. *scowls further* How is that even something you can claim to doing yourself? If you take energies from around you rather than drawing on your own sources, then you can do that as much as you want and never become drained.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: *frowns at him* That is not correct either. The stronger the spell, the more painful it is to cast… For, while I am not the source of the energy, I am the focal point. *frowns in thought as she tries to think of a comparison. Meanwhile, the tornado would slowly die out since she is not maintaining it* Are you familiar with transformers for electrical lines? Normally, they can work without problem; however, if you overload them, they explode. The energy is never generated by them, they simply convert energy. Still, they can be overloaded and destroyed by that same energy that they work on. *glances over at him* Go ahead and use your own psychic abilities and you’ll see how the energy flow is much different.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *snorts* How about ‘no’. I get what you’re trying to say, and I do not need to compare the two types of ability. However, my opinion still stands. I still think that drawing energy from other sources isn’t much of an ability at all – it’s stealing. *slowly shakes his head* I don’t care what you say – if you want to declare yourself as a power converter device, that’s fine. But the energy was never yours, or generated by you in the first place. Being able to weild the energy into different types of functions is where the ability, and any usefulness would be.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: I didn’t say that I am a power converter device. I was just giving you a simple metaphor in order to illustrate my point. *shakes her head* That materia that you use from your planet uses energy in the same way as my magic does. It’s just rigid and inflexible. The user has very little control over the energies at work with your stupid rocks. *leans against the wall and begins casting simple spells to make a spark of fire then shift it into several various shapes. For the most part, she’s just entertaining herself. As she’s casting the spells, the energy form of her wings from her aura would be spread out and gathering energy*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: You are still stealing from the air and manipulating it to your own means. *scowls* That is all you are doing. That is all you are ever doing. You are a means to turn raw energy into something useful. You can stop demonstrating it to me now.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: *glances at him* Who said that I was still demonstrating anything to you? *shakes her head at him* Anyway, you are free to leave if you have that large of a problem with what I am doing. It’s not like I have you chained to that spot.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: Phhh. *moves off the wall and dusts himself off* I came up here to explore what the noise was. That is all. If I wanted to leave, I would have left long ago if I chose to. However, you wouldn’t be terribly impressed if I left during the middle of a conversation, now would you?

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: *frowns at him* Well, if you choose to stay, stop complaining every other word. It is becoming grating. You are acting as if you don’t want to be here, but you now say that you are choosing to stay of your own accord? *shakes her head then waves her hand to call off all the spells she had cast before* No matter, I am done. *moves out of the room herself, unconcerned that she is leaving Sephy in the middle of a conversation*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: I’m not complaining. Do you want me to stand here and do nothing? *slowly shakes his head at her as she leaves the room, then snorts and heads for the bottom level of the base once more, more interested in resuming with his exploring*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: *shakes her head and mutters under her breath then makes her way upstairs and out of the base, looking for another location to test her spells. She stops once she exits the base and just looks up at the sky, sighing* Such a stubbornly annoying man..

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *just sits back down on Jenna’s bed, looking for something to get into. When he sees the books, he smirks and stands up again, walking over to them to pull some out and begin reading, soon becoming bored with it as none of the books are subjects that personally interest him*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: *glances up the mountainside cliff that the base’s entrance is under then begins to climb up it. Once at a good height, nearly a thirty meters off sea level, she sits down on a small ledge and returns to watching the sky. As time passes by, she becomes bored and decides to entertain herself by practicing weather control spells. So, in no time, a large electric storm forms over the island*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *just busies himself prying books out of Jenna’s book collection, tossing the ones he doesn’t find interesting onto the floor. After some time, half of the bookshelf is on the floor, and he has tossed the few he found interesting onto the bed for browsing through properly. He vaguely hears the storm brewing outside, but doesn’t think much of it for now*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: *lazily grins and continues to play with the weather. In time, she begins messing with the lightning in order to make it flash in ways that it would make various symbols and images. Most animals would not care about the strange behavior of the weather, they’d simply run for cover at each boom of thunder*

*Given that Sephy has been giving a bit of force when he throws the books, it is possible that the hidden compartment in the middle of the floor would be dislodged enough to make someone trip over it. The compartment holds a treasure trove of hard liquors and spirits*

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 1,060 total)
  • The topic ‘The Beginning of Sephy and Jenna: Phase Two’ is closed to new replies.