Sephy/Jenna Retcon – Lessons and tribulations

Home Forums Kat + Seferia RolePlay Roleplay Forum Main RP Sephy/Jenna Retcon – Lessons and tribulations

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 1,872 total)
  • Author
    Seferia
    Keymaster

During the next two years, Jenna keeps a close eye on Seph and the children, for she knows that Jenova is still at large and most likely more than willing to try to take control over any given member of her family just to strengthen her forces. Despite the fact that Jenna is keeping a watch out for any signs of trouble, she doesn’t do this in any way that would make her family feel awkward.

However, she can’t deny the fact that she herself feels a bit awkward at this point. For the most part, she had not ever had a family for this long, and she feels a bit out of place by now. Part of her feels like it is time for her to start traveling about again, for that is something that she would do frequently for all the time that she was on her own. However, a larger part of her fears that something will come and ruin her relatively new family.

Meanwhile, Desiree has kept to her room in the upper levels of the base. She has shown no signs of even considering moving back downstairs where Jenna and Sephiroth are. In fact, she’s frequently spoken to Zach and Cancer in a positive manner toward her move. She believes that there is more than enough room in the base that they don’t all need to be crowded on the lower levels. She also has said that even without her disagreements with her parents, she would have relocated just to be at peace when she’s sleeping, rather than hearing her parents have sex.

Moreover, Desiree has refused to leave Sephiros alone. Even though she’s given up on questioning him about his life, she remains with him and tends to his needs, while showing no indications of desiring to help him escape. As she tends to the alternative version of her father, she frequently practices her illusion spells on him, trying to see how long she can trick a being. Hence, she’d frequently try to make Sephiros think that she is Jenova or another being that he knew from the bits of his past that she knows of.

The twins, on the other hand, are relatively easy to handle during these last past years. While they have grown a larger vocabulary in this time, they still are more interested in play than the problems that revolve around their parents. As soon as Sephiroth finally decided to start training them, a large difference between the two, aside from the obvious ones would become obvious. While Dimitri listens and tries the lessons out, it is Seres who is most fascinated by what Sephiroth has to teach her. In fact, Seres loves the lessons and mock-fights so much that she’d actually try to drag her father to the training room at times so that she can learn more. Dimitri, on the other hand, is much more interested in reading, or rather looking at picture books, and playing in general.

Xelong, unlike all the other children, really hasn’t changed much in these few years. He has gained a few dozen pounds and a foot or so in length. However, he is still quite infantile, which is perfectly fine for his growth rate. He is still too young to hunt on his own, so he’d bother Zach for food quite often. However, he has gotten good enough at tearing apart meat and bones to handle eating without the food being torn apart first.

As for today, Jenna has decided to accompany Sephiroth to Nibelheim, whether or not he was willing in the trip. She figures that it is about time that Sephiroth visit his other son, Tyler. So, she has come to insure that Seph actually goes through with it. However, she claims that her reason for going is to insure that Cloud and Tifa do not interfere with the visit, for she can keep them busy while Seph interacts with his son.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Over the past few years Sephiroth has tried to deal with his family in the best way he knew how. Desiree remained a problem to him, which pained him utterly and at the same time infuriated him. He was polite to her as much as he could be, but the situation between them upset him and he could not figure any kind of resolve.

Zach kept a very close eye on his dragon. He spends most of his time feeding it when he’s not studying, and has begun to learn a bit about dragon anatomy and growth from watching his little charge. As he grows bigger, Zach slowly feeds him bigger and bigger chunks of meat and sinew, and has begun to give him small bone chunks to knaw on and keep his teeth in check.

Cancer has become more of a recluse as time goes on. She hides often, preferring to tinker with magic and Jenna’s spellbooks than pay attention to lessons. She attends lessons regularly still however, as she does not want to get in trouble.

Sephiroth follows Jenna along to Nibelheim, though he is clearly annoyed. He resists against her coaxing slightly, but heads into the town anyway, secretly wanting to see Aeris’s child anyway. He narrows his eyes as they approach the door to Tifa’s house and he grits his teeth, snorting.

“I don’t see why we have to come…”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: *rolls her eyes at Sephiroth’s words* We came because you have a son here who you don’t get to see that often. We both know that Aeris is incompetent, so she probably will never be able to teach him how to properly use what Jenova-based abilities he has. *she nudges him toward the door* Well, go on.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *glances back at her, then at the door, gritting his teeth* But… we don’t have to come here. Make Aeris go to the island… *sighs and rolls his eyes* Fine. *gently knocks on the door and backs up slightly, seeming tense and a little wary of the uncertain. He is very quick to cover this with a scowl when the door opens however*

Tifa: Hi there, can I—*blinks* Oh hey there, Sephiroth. And his lady. *nods at Jenna* What are you two doing here? Would you like to come in?

*Somewhere behind her, Cloud yells out* “Who is that?”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: Because, Aeris refused to do it this time around.. *she shrugs* She has come to the island often enough to let you have your visits that way. *Turning her attention to the door as it opens, she repeats in a derisive tone* “And his lady”? *she snorts and rolls her eyes. She then steps into the house, deciding to take up the open offer any way*

Tyler: *rushes toward the door, curious as to what’s going on. He then grins as he spots his father* Sephy! *the toddler most likely is less developed than the children that are born from Jenna at this stage in their lives. However, it is not that large of a difference. His hair is mostly silver. However, it has highlights of the auburn brown coloration that comes from Aeris. Meanwhile, his eyes are the deep green of his mother, but they have the slit-quality irises of Sephers*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Tifa: Well you are his lady, right? *grins, ignoring Jenna’s bad temper* Come on. *chuckles and leads them to the living room, where Cloud is* Take a seat. I see Tyler has already said hello there.

Sephiroth: *screws his face up somewhat at Tyler’s advance. He crouches down to be at the boy’s level though, and reaches out to pat his head* Hello there.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: Well.. yes. But I have been much more than just “his lady”. That is not my only distinction. *She snorts* Not that I care what you idiots think of me. *she glances down at the toddler as he rushes over. She then tilts her head* You let him call you that, Seph?

Tyler: *giggles as his head is pat. He then moves closer to Sephiroth so that he can try to hug him* Miss you.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: Aeris keeps saying it, so he has picked it up from her… *gently taps Tyler on the nose* “Father”. *sighs and sits down next to him, trying to pick him up and place him in his lap* The genetics have made this one interesting…

Cloud: *glares down at Sephiroth* What would you know about fathering? He should be calling you an enemy. *claps his hands* Come over here, Tyler. Uncle Cloud can treat you better than him. *glares* Plus I’m actually around.

Sephiroth: *growls, gritting his teeth hard*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: *snorts at Cloud’s words* Seph has many more years of experience as a Father than you have as anything, Spikes. *she shakes her head then looks at Tyler* Hm? Our children seem to wnd up with much stranger attributes than that thing.

Tyler: *giggles as he’s picked up. He then slides in to cuddle against Seph’s stomach* Sephy! *he then tilts his head as he hears Cloud. However, he stays put* Mmm..

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: Yes, they do end up with stranger attributes, but this one is still intruiging. *sighs* No. Don’t call me “Sephy”. *scowls* Call me “Father”. Say it. Fah-ther. *glares back at Cloud and snorts* You don’t know anything. At all.

Cloud: That one’s a lie. I’d fight you, but I don’t wanna scare the kid. So you’re lucky this time.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Tyler: *looks up at Sephiroth as the man speaks to him. He then slowly shakes his head* No.. Sephy! *he grins and returns to hugging his father* Unca Clouh grumpy. *he giggles at this statement*

Jenna: I suppose that the child should feel lucky to be alive at all. I’m more than certain that if everything was left to you, you would have killed him. *she snorts toward Cloud then looks over at Sephiroth* ~Well, his IQ was definitely inherited from Aeris. No second generation of brilliant strategist there. Not that you’re all that brilliant, my love.~

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Cloud: You think I would have killed him? Are you joking? He’s Aeris’s baby, he’s her child. For one there would be absolutely no merit or honor in killing a child, and two, Aeris loves him to bits. So no, you’re wrong. Who would go around killing kids anyway?

Sephiroth: *sighs in annoyance and just pats Tyler on the head* *”You don’t think so? Then why bother at all?”*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: ~Mmm.. others may be tricked by your ability to use fancy words and to figure out that two plus two equals four, but I’m not.~ *she winks at him, happily teasing him. She then looks down at Tyler* ~However, yes, I think that one is on the low end of the IQ spectrum. I’m certain of it. He also seems to be a shrimp.. None of our children were like that at his age..~ *She shakes her head*

Tyler: *reaches up to tug onto the lapel of Sephy’s coat* Sephy come ta play? Play fun!

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *”Low end of the IQ spectrum? You think he’s borderline retarded?”* *raises an eyebrow* *”He doesn’t look it to me. He just looks like your average young child.”* *tries to sit Tyler down in his lap* You want to play? Keep your head still and watch my finger. *tries to hold Tyler down with one hand, using the other to move his index finger around in the air, paying close attention to the boy’s eye movements*

Aeris: *finally wanders down the stairs, grinning as she sees Tyler on the floor with Sephiroth* Oh hi there. What are you doing here. Sephy?

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: ~No, I didn’t mean to say that he is retarded. What I was saying is that he’s just dumb and not going to live up to the “brilliant strategist” legacy that you have already set down. That’s all. He just seems about as smart as any other given dumb human.~ *she looks up as she hears Aeris’s voice* Ah, so you are here. *she shrugs, not overly concerned either way*

Tyler: *watches Sephiroth move his finger about for a few minutes. He then frowns and tries to whack Sephiroth’s hand away* Borin’.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *”Oh I see, yes… he seems average.”* *nods slightly* *”This isn’t a bad thing however. It will keep Aeris occupied, and he won’t be any competition against our own children.”*

Aeris: How are you two? *reaches down to pick Tyler up, trying to take him out of Sephy’s arms* Come with me, little guy. It’s nearly your feeding time as it is.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Tyler: *whines as he is picked up. He then shakes his head in a violent manner* No! Wanna stay wit’ Sephy! *he grins and tries to reach out toward his father*

Jenna: ~That is going to wind up being the understatement of the millennium. I’m certain. I’m not worried about that boy outshining our children at all.~ *she shakes her head* ~Though he might already outshine Zach.~ *she smirks at her own joke*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *sighs and rises to his feet once Tyler has been taken from him* *”A dead animal with one leg outshines that boy… its just proof that genes alone do not seal your fate.”* *watches Aeris, shaking his head* I do believe the boy is objecting to what you are doing.

Aeris: *cuddles Tyler* I know… I’m sorry but he has to eat. Don’t you, little guy? Come on. *carries Tyler towards the kitchen, attempting to place him into his booster seat at the kitchen table*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Tyler: *whines and screams out* No! No, no, no! No wan food! Wan Sephy! *he continues to struggle about. He also begins to scream his head off, as is common with two year olds, as Aeris carries him to the kitchen*

Jenna: *winces at the noise. She then mutters* Thank all the gods in existence that our children are past that age.. *shaking her head, she looks at Cloud* ~How much do you want to bet that Cloud thinks that Tyler only wants to be with you because of the Reunion Theory stuff.~

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *snorts* *”I never thought of that, but it might be it…”* *glares at Cloud, who is grinning to himself right now while he watches the television* Fweh… *moves into the kitchen to observe the commotion. He calmly walks over to the table and picks Tyler up, perching him on his shoulder* If he doesn’t want something, don’t do it.

Aeris: *seems a little annoyed now* But… hey! *folds her arms* He needs food. And you can’t give him whatever he wants, he’ll grow into a spoiled brat! No son of mine is going to turn into something like that.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Tyler: *stops screaming as Sephiroth picks him up. He then broadly grins and reaches down to hug onto his father’s head* Sephy! *he giggles and lightly pulls on his father’s hair as he plays about with it*

Jenna: ~What? I wasn’t seriously suggesting that your children like you only because of the Reunion.. If that were true, that would be rather twisted.~ *she looks over Cloud once more then snorts* Such a pathetic show.. *sighing, she moves to follow Seph into the kitchen*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *furrows his brows as his hair is pulled on, not much liking it* Hey, come on… *grunts and tries to pull Tyler away from himself* Three things you need to know, which are simple to learn. One, don’t call me “Sephy”, ever. I am not ‘daddy’, or ‘Sephy’, just ‘father. And the last thing, don’t pull on my hair – it hurts.

Aeris: *taps her foot* Put him back in the chair, Sephy. He needs to be fed. *firm* Now.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Tyler: *whimpers a bit as he’s pulled away. He then looks up at Sephiroth and tilts his head* Mmm.. *shakes his head and giggles as he hears his mother* Sephy! See. *he excitedly points to Aeris, trying to indicate that she agrees with him*

Jenna: *leans against the doorway* You do realize that the boy isn’t an infant. He won’t die from not eating lunch right away.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Aeris: No, but we have set times for everything. Children need routine in order to develop and grow properly. I know you don’t believe in it and you let your kids run wild and they sleep at all weird times of the day, but not my little angel. He eats when he wakes up, has a bath at 10am, and has lunch at 2. Then he plays in the afternoon and has dinner at 6pm. Then I put him to bed and we repeat the same thing again the next day. He’s going to grow up feeling secure with his place in the world.

Sephiroth: *rolls his eyes, irritated. He turns his back on Aeris and carries the child out of the kitchen, heading for the door* See you later.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: *tilts her head as she listens to Aeris. She then shakes her head* Right.. *she smirks slightly as she watches Seph walk off with Tyler. Shrugging, she happily moves to follow after him*

Tyler: *blinks as Sephiroth carries him off. He then reaches up* Where going, Sephy? Where?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 1,872 total)
  • The topic ‘Sephy/Jenna Retcon – Lessons and tribulations’ is closed to new replies.