Noemi and General Sephiroth: Noemi’s off to the academy

Home Forums Kat + Seferia RolePlay Roleplay Forum Noemiverse Noemi and General Sephiroth: Noemi’s off to the academy

Viewing 25 posts - 451 through 475 (of 585 total)
  • Author
    Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *”Anything has got to be better than being here. I’d like for more freedom. I’d like for more… anything actually. I like being around other people. It’s nice to have somebody to talk to who’s not talking to you about how you feel, or wanting to know how horny you’re feeling today.”* *snorts in disgust*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Noemi: ~Well, we’ll see what you’re saying in ten years, then we’ll see if I’ll be collecting money from you or not.~ *broadly grins* ~Have you heard anything about who they are planning on having replace Kerash…? I hope it isn’t someone too mean.~

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *”Oh, Kerash already asked me how I’d feel about Dr Jansen being in charge. So I guess he is going to take over.”* *seems a little sad* *”I don’t want to see Kerash go, but she’s been with us a really really long time, since before you were born.”*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Noemi: ~Jansen…? I didn’t think he had enough training to be picked for something like this…~ *shrugs* ~I hope he doesn’t turn out to be extremely incomptent. That’s about the last thing that you need up there.~ *sighs* ~It’s getting late, Sephiroth. I’ll speak to you some other time..~

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *sighs* ” Very well, Noemi. I’ll talk to you another time… you need sleep right now, and I’m busy with my own thing. Goodbye…”* *breaks off the telepathic communication and picks up a study book to read through*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Noemi: *closes her book then settles down in her bed. Soon afterwards, she’s deep asleep and completely relaxed*

For the next few weeks, Kerash busies herself with setting up Jansen’s training. She keeps secretive so no one else outside of herself, Jansen, and Sephiroth since she doesn’t want the rest of the staff to throw an uproar before the time is right. Eventually, just before Jansen is scheduled to start his new routine, Kerash calls for a staff meeting.

Kerash: *patiently waits at the head of the meeting table. She chooses not to begin speaking until everyone is present*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Dr Jansen: *files into the room with several other of Sephiroth’s doctors, taking his seat at the congregation towards the front. He sets his folder of work down and begins going through it, trying to learn whatever he can during snippets of free time.*

Dr Ericsson: *also follows some of the medical staff into the room, assuming that this is just another regular boring meeting*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Kerash: *looks up as she notices that everyone has entered the room and nods* Thank you all for coming. I know most of you are assuming that today is the simple announcements and checks on working status, but first I must make an important announcement. In about six to eight months, I shall be stepping down and retiring from my position. At that time, Dr. Jansen will be taking my place. He has already been in training for his new posotion for two weeks. *pauses for a bit, awaiting any response from the others*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

*there is a general mumbling of comments amongst the comittee, but nobody offers anything more than that initially. Soon though, one of Sephy’s physicians stands up, looking rather concerned* But Kerash, will Dr Jansen be ready for the task of maintaining our entire department? It takes years of training, he can’t learn everything in just a few months!

Dr Ericsson: I concur. Even I could do the job better. I’ve been here longer than Jansen anyway. We should do a vote on whom should be put in charge next.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Kerash: *swishes her tail at the outpouring of negative comments, but manages to keep her cool. Finally, she holds up her clawed hand and shakes her head* Yes, I am certain that he’ll be ready. Afterall, I myself took over this entire department in a matter of weeks after Hojo had murdered Gast. Not to mention, even after I stand down, I will remain available given that I am still around to give the man advice. I will definitely remain around for another few months after he finishes his initial training. *narrows her eyes at Ericsson* And you are far from administrative material, Ericsson.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

*there is a general muttering and a few snickers amongst the committee after Kerash finishes speaking again*

Physician: *stands up to speak* It will be a shame to lose you, Kerash. You are a valuable member of this team and without you, this project probably would have fallen through many years ago. But with Jansen in charge, I do not feel comfortable. He has always been soft on the experiments, and I fear he will allow them to get away with much more than you, or Gast, or God forbid, even Hojo. Hojo was insane, but at least he was strict.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Kerash: *Shakes her head at the physician* I shall evaluate such things in the time in which Jansen is in training. If I find something to my displeasing, then I shall bring it up to him and correct the situation. However, may I remind you all who allowed the children to break from their rules when they were younger and move into the open courtyard in the middle of the complex for lunches? There is no harm done in being understanding and somewhat lenient with them, they are children afterall. However, we cannot allow them to run all over either. I believe that Jansen is the one out of all of you who would understand this the most. Everyone else here thinks that these projects are their tickets to a published book or fame. They are nothing more than experiments. I do not support this train of thought and will not allow my successor to think that way either.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Dr Ericsson: *folds his arms* How do you know Jansen’s not after fame himself? I’m sure you know all about his little secret cache of frozen donor eggs from elite female soldiers, and the sperm from the boy. Why, in his spare time, he spends hours, and sometimes parts of his evening making zygotes out of the components.

Dr Jansen: *raises his eyebrows* Everybody already knows about the artificial conception studies I’m working on. Don’t try to make a scandal out of already known information.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Kerash: *snorts at Ericsoon’s comments* You know full well that project was proposed by the executive board, not by Jansen. Our purpose here is to create the strongest species ever made in order to win this war. If we have to hybrid a thousand creatures in order to create one stronger creature, then so be it. *scowls* However, if you feel so insecure about the matter, I suppose I can see your resignation form on my office tomorrow evening.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Dr. Ericsson: *sits down again, looking rather unhappy* No, Kerash. That is all I have to say. *begins fumbling with his papers, scowling and annoyed with the outcome and news*

Physician: But Kerash, can so much hybridization be trusted? You’ve seen some of the results after Sephiroth, some of those poor children made from Jenova’s cells lack even basic cognative skills, let alone the powerful psionics that the boy posesses. We still cannot recreate the exact formula and result of Professor Gast.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Kerash: *Shakes her head* As you all know, I am not a scientist and cannot tell you whether the routines are worth it or not. In the end, we must all follow the instructions given by the board of directors. And they are demanding for hybrids to win this war. *Swishes her tail* It is not our job to determine whether our work is moral or trustworthy. It is our job to produce what we are asked to make. Do you understand?

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Physician: *slowly nods his head and sits down again* Yes, Kerash. I understand that one perfectly. But what they are asking is impossible. There’s only so much hybridization that the human can take. Why use a human as a base? Why not just look into other species to hybrid with? If the human is for loyalty purposes, I suppose I can understand that, but… *shrugs* The Sangheili are every bit as sentient as us, and are stronger, taller and faster. Why not use them?

Seferia
    Keymaster

Kerash: *Swishes her tail in annoyance* Write the board of directors if you want to question what creatures we are hybriding here. To the best of my knowledge, Sangheli have their own projects running that are independent to ours. Then, there is the Spartan project. We are only one project amoung many that are trying to create the best fighting solution to this war. It is likely that the hybrids here are based off humans due to political reasons. But I do not know for certain, I only know what orders we are given. Understand?

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Physician: *nods* Yes Kerash, I understand. No further questions from me. *bows his head and resumes looking over his notes, and the ones that others nearby have presented for the conference*

Dr Jansen: If there’s no more questions, we can wrap this up… I’m sure we all have work to do. *glances over at Kerash, concerned for her*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Kerash: *remains calm and composed as she watches the doctors and scientists at the meeting table. As she’s been doing for months, she hides all signs of her waining health and would maintain her appearance of stregnth and arrogance. However, she is much more thin and frail than she’s been in the past* If no one else has buisness to discuss, you may depart for today.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

*the scientists begin gathering up their stuff and filing out of the room again, while Dr Jansen stays behind to talk to a few of them regarding some of the test results they have. Dr Jansen looks over the papers for a few moments, then wanders over to Kerash*

Dr Jansen: Are you interested in a bunch of figures or findings, or would you rather retreat to your office for a while?

Seferia
    Keymaster

Kerash: *nods in agreement to Jansen’s suggestion* Yes, that is good. THe task is not that hard, so go ahead and get some practice by reviewing their results. If you have questions as to what to make out of the research statements, come to me. I will help you in any way you need, Jansen. *snorts, partially to clear her breathing passage then stalks to her office*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Dr Jansen: Oh, I am fine really, Kerash. I’ve written some of these myself and can decipher a lot of it. My only real question is about Sephiroth’s psychic power level measurements. I never understood why it was measured in voltage. It’s not the same as electricity.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Kerash: That was a system put in place by Hojo. To the best of my understanding, he measured the electrical pulses of the boy’s brain activity to determine his psychic potential, but I never quite understood it myself. However, I have no better suggestions for quantifying the impossible to comprehend, so I let it be. If you choose that you want to change the standard, by this point, you’d have quite a fight on your hands.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Dr Jansen: *frowns and nods his head* Indeed, they would dispute it like mad if I tried to change the measurements. Even if it was implemented by a crazy person, it still kind of makes sense. But still, its not the same as electricity. We don’t have a proper means of measuring it, because we never encountered it before until now. *sighs* It will be such a shame to lose that boy to the army. *bows his head and moves to head out the door*

Viewing 25 posts - 451 through 475 (of 585 total)
  • The topic ‘Noemi and General Sephiroth: Noemi’s off to the academy’ is closed to new replies.