JennaxSephiroth: I want to be a hero

Home Forums Kat + Seferia RolePlay Roleplay Forum Main RP JennaxSephiroth: I want to be a hero

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 1,501 total)
  • Author
    Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *rather stiffly* That’s General Sephiroth to you. *snorts* Move over to those… pointy-earred people. Show them how this is done. I’m quite sure you knew this exercise blind at one point. *folds his arms and glares at Rhyderi* What the hell are you teaching them? This isn’t clown school. Now step aside and let somebody real show them how it’s done.

Rhyderi: *twitches an eye and flicks his ears back, moving away silently to the bench*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Genesis: Heh, have you forgotten our old retreats in the training room? *glances over at Rhyderi* You should probably have ShinRa re-implement the holographic training regime. At least it brought a better scenery. *he then strolls into the middle of the training field before he makes his hybrid rapier appear in his hand with a flourish of red light. He then nods at one of the bulkier elves* Let us see how long you will last. *with that, he charges forward to begin dueling with the elf. He doesn’t bother to hold back on any of his augmented power or speed*

Seres: *mutters* I could do that exercise better than most of them..

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *waves a hand at her* We might put you in an advanced class and then you can just claw your way up in about a month. That way it is all on the books and then it doesn’t look like I showed favouritism. Of course they will accuse both of us of it…

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seres: Father, is it not true that most children of military commanders have a tendency to gain excellence before those with no prior ties? It is only natural. *she then cringes as the elf that Genesis was sparring against gets sent flying into the wall* The procedures that made SOLDIERs enhanced in your time are no longer, right? So, what happens currently, Father?

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: It’s not necessarily true that offspring of military personnel have a tendency to acheieve excellence sooner than those who were not. The same can be said of any profession… Hojo was a scientist. Did you see me excelling at science? Ever? *shakes his head slowly* To answer your other question, no. The Mako infusion process no longer happens… any experimental augmentations are banned. Every new recruit you see here is natural. Or natural as they can be within their own genetic parameters. Including you.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seres: So… What distinguishes SOLDIER from the rest of the army now? I thought that the elite status was because of the augmentations. *shakes her head* And I meant those who want to follow in the same path. Clearly, my siblings like Zach and Dimitri would never get anywhere in the army.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: There is no SOLDIER here, Seres. It’s just The ShinRa Army, my army. And ranks from Recruit, all the way up to me. *folds his arms* Yes, it’s true… augmentation will help you go far. But under no circumstances is it to be enhanced. I refuse to see another science laboratory set up for the purpose of experimental soldiers. Besides. We have enough magic-gifted and enough everything-else gifted that we don’t need to experiment with science. If you have a gift, it came from your genetics. That’s the way it should be.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seres: *nods with understanding* I see, Father. *she then frowns as she continues to notice that Genesis is easily overpowering Rhyderi’s elves* I don’t think the pointy-eared ones have enough to keep up with the red-haired one there.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: It would seem that way. Hmm… *hums in thought* Maybe my statement was correct afterall. Seres, I’d like you to meet your new competitor. *broadly smirks* I think we can come to an arrangement here. With him here, if he doesn’t abandon us in a few weeks, I think I can arrange him as your personal trainer when I am not here. If we acquire Junon, somebody is going to need to be upranked to Lieutenant General. *turns his back on the fight, wandering away a few steps to begin thinking*

Rhyderi: *just flicks an ear as he listens to the chatter. He turns his head off to the side, frustrated and feeling rather cheated right now*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Genesis: *grunts as one of the elves tries to retaliate with a magical spell. So, he pauses for a moment to charge his sword with magical power. This process makes runes appear on the blade as it begins to glow with red energy. He then charges at his new attacker. However, this elf doesn’t last long at all. He then sighs with boredom as he realizes that he’s beaten the entire group* You all need more practice.

Seres: Father… In an army, we’re supposed to work together. Not be competitors. I know that much. *shakes her head at him*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: I understand what you’re saying, Seres. We work together as a unit. But you must also understand that while we are united in our efforts in a war, we are also pitted against each other to lead. A unit must follow their leader. A leader must rise above his ranks to stand out. That is how you are in competition. *hums* To put this into perspective, I am not going to have you trained as a pawn in a chessboard. No. You are going to become the King.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seres: Father, that’s silly. I’m a female. *smirks at him* Anyway, the King can’t move around much at all. They’re weak and pathetic. It’s the Queen that can take out most of the opposition.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *rolls his eyes* Yes, I understand why you suggested the Queen. But it’s a bad piece. It is powerful, yes. But it can be killed by a pawn. If you trap the King, the game is lost.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seres: Technically, a King can be killed by a pawn too, Father. The King spends most of his time retreating from everything. *grins, rather enjoying the conversation*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *growls in frustration* I’m not arguing the nitty-gritty of an analogy to you, Seres! *chuckles lightly, shrugging. He takes a seat on the bench near Rhyderi and smirks at him* Why don’t you go fight your replacement?

Rhyderi: *huffs* No need. He can have it. I quit. *moves to his feet and begins to walk away*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seres: *frowns as she hears Rhyderi’s words* Father… Umm.. Did you really want him to just quit like that? *shakes her head*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *watches Rhyderi leaving and shrugs* He can leave if he wants to. *snorts* If he wants to quit, the army is better off without him. *waves at Genesis* I guess you win. The elf recruits are your problem now.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Genesis: *stops and stares at Sephiroth* Who do you think I am, Angeal? I don’t want to coddle these rookies. *crosses his arms and huffs*

Seres: *deeply frowns. She then tries to slip away so that she can chase after Rhyderi* Hey, wait..

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Rhyderi: *glares back at Seres, then puts his head down and continues to stomp away, heading for the exit gate* Go away. Leave me alone.

Sephiroth: Somebody has to train them. They don’t have a leader now, he’s walking off like a big baby. What am I supposed to do now? *puts his feet up on the seats in front of him*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seres: *scowls in frustration before lunging forward to clamp her hands around Rhyderi’s right arm. She then pulls in an attempt to stop him* Don’t quit. You are a good fighter. Father picks on you because he wants you to become even better. *frowns* And you know how to care about the people. Father really needs someone like you in the army. You know his past. He doesn’t really get how to care about the little problems of people.

Genesis: *scowls at the elves* I’m no babysitter, Sephiroth. You know that.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Rhyderi: *stops, attempting to yanking his arm out of Seres’s hands. He gives up shortly after however, and tiredly sighs, hopelessly looking down at her* No, he doesn’t need me. You heard him. He’s got you. And now that other person. What chance does somebody like me have? None. I might as well quit now before I am outclassed by you.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seres: That doesn’t mean that he doesn’t need someone that actually cares about the general populous as a high-ranking soldier, Rhyderi. You saw how the red-head fought. He showed no concern that he was tossing your men across the room. You care about your men though. Father does need someone like you. Someone like Zack Fair and Angeal once were.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Rhyderi: I don’t want to be a civillian manager… I came to the army to fight against evil. And if somebody else is going to go off to war and do that… *shrugs* I can’t sit around here. My place is at the head of an assault.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seres: And if those heading the assault don’t care about whether a town gets trampled in the way when it can be avoided? Are you going to be happy that you walked away and allowed those who don’t consider those towns lead unchallenged?

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Rhyderi: It’s not my place to interfere! Don’t you know about what happens to insubordinates in the army? We get court-marshalled. Sometimes we do time in jail. I don’t want a criminal record! *shakes his head* Sorry, but you have to find somebody else.

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 1,501 total)
  • The topic ‘JennaxSephiroth: I want to be a hero’ is closed to new replies.