JennaxSephiroth: I want to be a hero

Home Forums Kat + Seferia RolePlay Roleplay Forum Main RP JennaxSephiroth: I want to be a hero

Viewing 25 posts - 1,026 through 1,050 (of 1,501 total)
  • Author
    Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth growled now, almost insulted. *”My knowledge is more than the mere sum of their programming and work!”* He huffed aloud, scaring the Medical Staff member working over him. *”How could you even suggest that? Do you think I spent years of training and learning, when the data could have been inputted in five minutes? No!”*

“General, sir,” The medical staff member said calmly. “Please rest – you are not well. Your heart-rate is increasing. I am also getting raised adrenaline readings.” He continued to work, trying to use the devices he had nearby to lull Sephiroth into a sleepy state. It worked after a few moments and he stepped back, reached into his box to take out a syringe, and then injected his patient with the fluid inside.

“His mind is trying to reconfigure to some drastic changes. Give him three days for the new neural connections to take. Until then he could be disorientated, dizzy, nauseous, or even out cold every now and then. You best keep him rested until he feels better.” He began to pack up his things. “They don’t normally make so many changes at once.” The male sighed. “His implants are also beginning to show the first signs of wear. He may need them replaced in a number of years.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

~No, I didn’t mean that your knowledge was all programmed in, General. However, your loyalty and obedience was programmed in. If they can’t trust you on the battlefield, how do you expect them to have ever trusted you as a tactician?~

Shaking her head, Noemi looked up at the doctor before she nodded with understanding. “I understand. I’ll insure that he gets the proper amount of sleep. As for wear… Is it not true that those our age usually cannot survive the operation required to replace them?”

She then returned her attention back down to the General. ~In the long run, it doesn’t matter now. We are here, free and away from them.~

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

The male staff member pondered Noemi’s question before nodding. His response to her was quiet and somewhat saddened.

“There is a higher percentage rate of failure in re-implantation of neural overriders in patients with existing implants. And the failure rate does go up with age, yes.” He moved towards the door. “It is not recommended at all for anybody who reaches 40 years of age. When the implants were first designed, the long-term stability of them was not known. Nowadays they can be implanted in adults and they will last for the rest of their lives.”

He glanced back at Sephiroth and shook his head. “He’s not old enough to be out of the no-go window, if you wish to risk such an operation.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Noemi lowered her head before she softly spoke, “The decision is that of General Sephiroth and not I. However, he is almost fourty years of age as is. It would only be another few months…”

She tilted her head toward the General. She knew that the doctor’s advice could be sound. However, she did not know how quickly his implants would degrade. After all, hers was of an earlier model, and she had not suffered too much from their malfunctions.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

The Medical personnel finally slipped out the door, nodding. “Return a verdict within the week. If you want to move on this, you need to move rather quickly. As you said, he is nearly forty years of age. The surgery can be done after that period of time, but it carries bigger risks…”

He waved a hand and shut the door again, leaving them in peace.

“Damn it…” Sephiroth groaned sleepily and rubbed his arm. Though he looked more comfortable than he did before.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Noemi released a deep sigh as she watched the medical personnel leave the room. She then looked back down at the General before she moved to lie down next to him.

“Just try to relax and get some more sleep, General. I am not going to leave your side.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

General Sephiroth nodded his head and began to mumble. “When are you…. going to meet with the other version of me…? We still have to uphold our end of the bargain… otherwise he could send us right back to where we came from… couldn’t he…?” He frowned. “If I’m not getting something I agreed to, I would be that spiteful….”

Seferia
    Keymaster

“I already spoke to him while we were away to have that meeting with the President here. His son was just born, so I suggested that he wait a month or two for the boy to stabilize,” Noemi responded. “Once the boy is old enough, he can contact our medical staff and set up appointments. He can also have doctors from his land train with my staff.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

The General slowly nodded his head. “That’s good… really good… we can probably pass on a good deal of new information and knowledge to our new home… if they will have us and accept us.” He was quiet. “I don’t see any problems so far though… I don’t know how accomadating the President you met with was…”

He closed his eyes. “I don’t want to be this way forever… always in repair, or re-programming, or in decline..”

Seferia
    Keymaster

“You’re getting old, General Sephiroth. You’ll have to get used to your body declining in ability. However, I should hope that this is the last time that you’ll ever have to deal with reprogramming,” Noemi responded.

As she finished talking, she pressed herself against the General’s side before she kissed his neck.

“Now, go to sleep. You need to rest in order to heal.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

General Sephiroth made a light groaning sound and slowly nodded his head. “Yes, sleep… though I doubt it will do much good. You heard that one person… and what he said… surely?” He grinned. “It’s all in the mind…”

He mumbled as he fell asleep. “Not getting old…”

Seferia
    Keymaster

“You’re so lucky that you already have grey-toned hair,” Noemi whispered in response. “My grey hairs stick out like a supernova…”

Yawning, the Captain decided that she felt lazy as well. So, after making herself comfortable by pressing herself against her lover’s side, she closed her eyes so that she could join him in his nap.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

The General slept like a rock. The injection administered by the Medical staff member had made him drowsy and comfortable, and so he was able to get a proper decent amount of rest over the next six hours that followed.

He made a few noises as he began to rouse. He sat up and stretched, itching his side. He felt much more alive and content.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Noemi woke up by the time it was mid-day outside. After noticing that the General was still very much asleep, she slipped out of the bed so that she could take a shower. Once her personal needs were met to, she went to her desk so that she could tend to the needs of the ship.

Thus, by the time that the General woke up, Noemi was still at her desk and hard at work. She had also sent a message to the engineering department to give them permission to attempt to remove her reconditioning programming. However, she was never able to hack her own access codes. For some reason, it was easier for her to find the General’s than it was hers.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

The engineering department’s reply came rather suddenly. It seemed that within the last few hours, somebody had already made a hack-job program to gain access to anybody’s implant 12 digit pin code, the serial number, everything. So the reply to fix and unlock Noemi’s implant enhancements were very positive.

General Sephiroth watched Noemi working at her desk and he shook his head, moving over to her to poke at her arm. “Even when not under the iron fist of the alliance, you still have to work, it seems.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Noemi was a bit concerned over the news that someone had made such a program. So, in her response, she sent a request to keep the program under wraps and not to permit any unauthorized use of the program. She did not want anyone to cause panic among the crew in their attempt to have a practical joke.

However, she also wanted her constraints to be lifted. She also gave permission to update any programs as necessary.

Once Sephiroth poked her, she looked up at the General before she gave him a small grin. Soon enough, she smoothly replied, “Unlike certain units, General, a captain cannot ever go off-duty as long as he or she is on the ship. Without the leadership of the Captain, the ship could suddenly lose power or worse. So, yes, I still have work to do and will always have work to do as long as my men are on this ship.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

General Sephiroth chuckled. “What are you implying?” He grinned as he stood over the woman, abusing his height in an attempt to make himself look intimidating. He enjoyed the perspective from his height and chuckled in a deep and menacing manner. Then he reached over her and attempted to snatch her report.

Meanwhile, Desiree’s Kalysto moved around his place of work, preparing for a long and arduous journey. He made his way back to the house and began to pack things he might need. Potions, herbs, general food supplies, that sort of thing.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Noemi looked up as the General neared her location. As he snatched away her paper, she tilted her head to the side before she grinned and shrugged.

“If you desired the latrine duty schedule so much, you could have just asked,” Noemi smoothly commented before she stood up to move closer to the General. “And I am implying that your job has a lot of idle moments in it. Meanwhile, mine is constant.”

She then glanced toward the side room as she heard an irritated squawk followed by the rattling of a cage. Chuckling, she looked over at the General before she waved to the side-room.

“Can you make yourself useful and feed Kut-Ku?”

Desiree took notice of Kalysto’s activities. However, she was mostly busy with her own duties such as feeding the children. So, she didn’t take any time to stop Kalysto’s packing and ask him what he was doing. Furthermore, she trusted the elf, whether that choice was wise or not, so she felt no need to interrogate him.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

General Sephiroth took one look at the work paper and flicked it back onto the desk in front of Noemi. “Heh. I’ll let you deal with that kind of crappy work.” He grinned, knowing all too well just how terrible of a joke he had just made. His face quickly fell though, when Noemi mentioned the name ‘Kut-Ku’.

“Feed that horrible abomination? Why do you still keep it around?”

Kalysto continued to mess around, packing up the rest of what he thought he would need. He moved over to Desiree and gently nudged her shoulder, grinning at her before planting a gentle kiss on her cheek.

“If I’m gone more than three days, send somebody to look for me.” He said quickly. “I can’t guarantee how successful I will be but I’m going to try my best.” He nodded.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Noemi rolled her eyes at the quality of the General’s joke. However, she took the paper from him before she sat down at the desk again. As soon as she heard the General’s complaint though, a wry grin formed on her lips.

“Heh, you really don’t like him,” the Captain commented. “No matter, I am busy, so I would appreciate the assistance. I also keep him around because he would be dead or experimented on other wise. He’s not that bad.”

Desiree looked over at Kalysto kissed her and bidded her goodbye. Tilting her head, she reached out to rub the side of his face.

“Where are you off to?”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

“He SHOULD be dead or experimented on.” General Sephiroth snarled. “Or experimented on after he’s dead.” He scowled. “I don’t like it. I don’t care what you have to say about it… it looks at me creepily. It’s a horrible animal. It likes to shit everywhere and it bites. I hate it. I’ve always hated it. I don’t know why you like it. You should have let it go on some remote planet with a suitable Oxygen-Nitrogen atmosphere…”

Kalysto sighed. “Oh it’s just something we need to do…” He began to speak quietly. “I need to go back home, to Silvermoon. If I am to to marry you properly. Don’t worry, it’s just a formality.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Noemi had heard these complaints from the General many times before, so she didn’t really listen to a word that he was saying. Instead, she dismissively waved her hand at him before she pointed to the room where Kut-Ku’s cage was.

“Please, General,” Noemi repeated herself, “just feed him. If you can’t handle feeding him piece by piece, just pour some of his feed into a bowl.”

—-

“Ah, I see,” Desiree responded. She then leaned in to kiss Kalysto. “Well, be careful. And don’t forget you have me waiting for you at home.”

As she ended speaking, she smirked at the elf. She then reached over to mess up the spikes of his hair in an affectionate manner.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

General Sephiroth made a rather cantankerous sound before walking out of the room before stepping into the room where Noemi kept her pet. He walked over to the cage and stood over it, glaring down at the creature inside before giving the cage a whack with his hand. Then he opened up the food latch and place some food inside, all the while not happy to be there.

Kalysto chuckled. “Be careful about going back home to the place I used to live? Be careful about going to the safest place on the entire of my home planet?” He paused for a moment. “Well it was safe…. before the Scourge came and before the Sunwell exploded…. but that’s not going to happen again.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Kut-Ku chirped as he saw the General walk into the room. He tilted his head to the side before he locked his reptilian eyes on the silver-haired man. After making a clucking noise, the dragon-bird opened his beak before cawing at the General.

“Get dumb smelly food!”

Desiree grinned at Kalysto before she rolled her eyes.

“Oh, I don’t know. Maybe you might be seduced by some blond succubus or something. Just be careful, alright?”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

General Sephiroth shoved the food into the cage and grunted at the reptilian feathered animal, loudly banging the door shut once the food was inside. “Oh shut up.” He hissed at the creature, glaring at it once again. “Noemi should turn you into a feather pillow.”

Kalysto made a light laughing sound, amused. “Yeah, blonde Succubus? That’ll be the day…” He flicked his wrists, smirking. “I could just summon my own any time, couldn’t I? Heh.” He nudged Desiree in the shoulder again, nodding. “I’ll be careful. When am I not careful?”

He stepped out the door. “Don’t answer that.” And with that, he headed down the garden path, walking towards Sephiroth and Jenna’s house.

Viewing 25 posts - 1,026 through 1,050 (of 1,501 total)
  • The topic ‘JennaxSephiroth: I want to be a hero’ is closed to new replies.