JennaxSephiroth: I want to be a hero

Home Forums Kat + Seferia RolePlay Roleplay Forum Main RP JennaxSephiroth: I want to be a hero

Viewing 25 posts - 751 through 775 (of 1,501 total)
  • Author
    Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth began to click the end of the pen as he thought. “You will need to ask him, then. But to be honest, I don’t think he knows that many people.” He shrugged.

Kalysto carried Orpheus into the kitchen and set him in his chair, his ears stiff and high over his head. His sharp hearing made it easy for him to hear the conversation that had been going on, but he was certainly not going to make any indication to the fact he had heard some of it.

Seferia
    Keymaster

“Well then, he needs to get back here so that we can finish the list,” Desiree moaned. She definitely wanted to get this done and over with so that she could move on. “There’s not going to be anything done without him here at all.”

Orpheus wiggled about as he was set down in his chair. He then yawned once more before he looked around for the promised food.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Kalysto moved to the oven and peeked into it, waiting on the food. He knew it wasn’t done yet though, and so occupied himself with preparing plates until it would be ready. He set a blank kiddy plate and plastic round-edge kid-safe cutlery in front of Orpheus so he would have something to occupy himself with in the meantime.

“Well I’m here now,” He said casually. “So finish your list.”

Sephiroth scowled slightly and clicked the pen down again. “Alright. Who else is to be added to this list?”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Desiree gave Kalysto a rather irritated glare before she frowned at him.

“To finish the list,” the young woman explained, “we need you to list off the people that you want to invite, Kalysto. I can’t exactly make up that list for you.”

She crossed her arms and huffed in a very similar fashion to Sephiroth’s irritated huffs. She was quite irritated that this list was even taking so long to form due to Kalysto’s absence and lack of assistance. So, she was getting grouchy.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Kalysto glared back at Desiree. “I already told you who I wanted to invite. But if they’re people you don’t know, that means I can’t invite them?” He moved over the clipboard, grabbing up the pen and paper, then began to write down some names.

Sephiroth stayed nearby and narrowed his eyes, not impressed with the fact his pen and pad had been stolen without even being asked, but he remained seated. For now.

*”Could you possibly remind me why you elected this male as your mate?”*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Desiree turned her irritation on her father as she received his question. Narrowing her eyes, she promptly retorted, ~Why did you pick the disloyal Jenna as yours? I love him, that’s a good enough reason, no?~

She then frowned at Kalysto before she muttered to him, “I just want them to know that I exist. I don’t need to personally know them. But I’d like them to know why they’re being invited to a wedding. Shouldn’t that be important?”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

The only reaction Desiree managed to invoke from Sephiroth was amusement. The faintest hint of a wry grin formed at the edges of his mouth and he slowly shook his head.

*”I suppose that is a good enough reason.”* He smirked. *”And it would seem that I can tolerate more than one would assume.”*

Kalysto rolled his eyes. “I think if I told them, hey, do you want to come to my wedding? They would know that it’s a wedding.” He frowned. “It’s not a freaking bar-dance, is it? I hope not. Because shit, I bought rings for the wrong event.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Desiree groaned before she rolled her eyes at Kalysto. She then hissed at him, “Of course they’d know it’s a wedding if you say that. But they wouldn’t know why you’re getting married if they don’t even know that I exist, now would they? That’s what I meant.”

She snorted in frustration before she returned to huffing in a grumpy manner once more. She then glanced at Sephiroth as she noticed his very slight grin.

~You’ve put up with quite a bit in your life, Father. I doubt anyone can have more tolerance than you.~

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth shook his head slightly. *”I suppose so…”* He nodded to the oven. *”He better take that out soon, before it burns.”*

Kalysto frowned. “I wouldn’t know who knows you. Then again, I wouldn’t know which of your guests has never seen me before and I don’t care about stuff like that.” He shook his head. “Why does everybody have to know everybody? Isn’t that, you know… kinda dull?”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Desiree looked up as Sephiroth mentioned the oven. Sighing, she quickly got to her feet before she moved to retrieve the meatloaf from the oven. Finding that it was indeed cooked, she began to cut it up in order to serve it to her familiy.

“Fine, Kalysto. Just make a list of people that you think would appreciate being there. Is that good enough?” she called back to the elf. She then turned her attention to Sephiroth. “Father… Do you want some? I have more than enough here to give you some.”

As she finished speaking, she delivered a tray of food to Milena and Orpheus.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth nodded his head. “I would like some, if you will have me for dinner. I am already here, so…” He settled back in the chair, grinning as he watched his daughter go about the room with the plates of food.

Milena squeaked happily as the plate came in front of her and she promptly smashed her maw into it to begin nibbling it right off the plate.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Desiree nodded at her father before she responded, “Of course we’d let you stay for dinner. Like you said, you’re already here.”

With that said, she returned to cutting up the meat and placing it on plates. So, soon enough, she sets a plate before both Kalysto and Sephiroth. Unlike Sephiroth, Desiree does know how to cook, because she read several cook books when Sephiroth was incapacitated. So, the food would be palatable.

Once Desiree sat down with her own plate, she looked at Kalysto once more. “So, did you come up with a list of guests?”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Kalysto waved the fork in his hand, then resumed cutting his food before munching on it slowly. “Let me think about it then. I’ll make a new list…” He grumbled, conceding with a major air of reluctance. “Let me think…”

Sephiroth gave Desiree a momentary victory smirk. *”Nobody lost a limb. Or received an injury.”* He tucked into his dinner. “This is good.” He said after a few moments.

Seferia
    Keymaster

“Heh…,” Desiree chuckled at her father’s dry joke. Shaking her head, she looked at him before she properly responded, ~Of course not. You know know Kalysto if you think that limbs are in danger here. He prefers incineration.~

She then turned her attention back to the elf, “Fine, take your time, Kalysto. As long as you don’t invite the whole town…”

Meanwhile, Orpheus lazily picked at his food. Desiree had taken the time to smash apart his meat when she served it to him. So, the meat was easily made into bite-sized bits for the young half-ling. The boy occaccionally dug his hands through his meal. He then flicked a bit of meat at Kalysto.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Kalysto was used to the quirks of children by now. He tolerated having things thrown at him, being peed on, and even worse. But when the glob of food landed in his hair, he sprung to his feet and began to bat at his hair to protect it, screaming in a high-pitch much like a little girl.

“What was that!?”

Sephiroth winced as the sound assaulted his ears.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Desiree rolled her eyes at Kalysto’s reaction to having food thrown into his hair. Shaking her head, she stood up before she moved to Kalysto’s side. She then calmly gripped onto him before she wiped the food out of his hair.

“Here, it’s nothing. Just a glob of meat,” Desiree calmly stated in an attempt to calm the elf. “Now, settle down. You’re not in any mortal danger. You’re also embarrassing yourself in front of my father..”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Kalysto cringed. “It’s still disgusting! Get it out…” He stood still while Desiree fumbled through his hair. He made whining noises and stiffened his posture, not calming after it was done.

“That was disgusting…”

Sephiroth just continued to eat his food in silence.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Desiree sighed as she continued to wipe the meat out of Kalysto’s hair. Once she felt that it was all gone, she moved away from him to return to eating.

“There, see. It’s fine,” Desiree attempted to soothe. “Go ahead back to eating, Kalysto.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Kalysto grumbled loudly and sat down in his chair. He shot Orpheus a warning glare before resuming eating his food. “Don’t do that again….” He muttered. “Or next time I’ll throw it back at you. And then you’ll be really sorry.”

Sephiroth finished off his plate and pushed it to the side, nudging the clip board toward Desiree.

“I’ve got it started for you. But you shall need to finish it.” He nodded. “When you are ready, I would like to discuss some other things with you…” He glanced off to the side. “I can save you some money by changing your venue. But that is your decision.”

Kalysto flicked an ear. “Who’s planning this thing again?”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Desiree glanced between her father and Kalysto before releasing a deep sigh. Shaking her head, she mumbled, “Thank you, Father. However, I think that the venue we picked suits our tastes. We’ll see.”

Meanwhile, Orpheus whined as he was scolded. Pinning his ears back, he retreated a bit. However, he soon returned to eating and playing with his food.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

As the week passed, Kalysto submitted a list of about ten people, including his immediate family, to Desiree for approval. He had cut it down quite a lot from the original 30 odd people he had on the list before, and although he was none-too-happy about the changes, he was hoping to at least come somewhere near an agreement.

Sephiroth had spent the week researching from Jenna’s information when he wasn’t doing his job at work. Though even that kept him occupied. Four captive dragons along with planning where the army would next move was a giant task.

Finally he came to a period where it was quiet enough that he could slip off home. He carried the data pad to Jenna. The information screen listed a parralell world with a large amount of technology, so much so that they were space-faring and advanced enough that they could replace practically anything.

He held it out to his mate, at first saying nothing. Then a frown came over his face and he sighed.

“How are we going to do this?”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna was sitting on her bed and reading a book when Sephiroth came to show her the tablet. It took her a moment, but she slowly set down the book to look at the information that he was showing her. After a bit, she nodded her head before she looked up at him.

“Well, if you want to leave now, I can form a portal. You’ll travel to this place, and from there, you’ll be on your own. However, you know how to make portals, so you should be able to return home without any problems.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth slowly nodded his head. “If I don’t become incapacitated, that is…” He mumbled. “I don’t know how long to time it for. But if I become trapped for too long, come get me?” He shook his head. “I don’t know what they will do to me. It is hard to say…”

“It is worth a try, however…”

Meanwhile, Kalysto had left work for his lunch break, returning to the house to thrust some papers into Desiree’s face. “Look at this now!” He said, amused. “LOOK at it!”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna nodded at what Sephiroth was saying. For the most part, she agreed with every word that he had to say. So, she didn’t argue against him at all. Instead, she lifted her head to look up at him before she confidently stated, “If you are not back within four days, I’ll go there to retrieve you. I should think that is a standable amount of time.”

Desiree was busy feeding the children lunch when Kalysto came into the room. She yelped as the papers were thrown into her face before she blinked and tried to focus on them. “Umm…,” she dumbly stated. “What is this?”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Kalysto frowned at Desiree. How could she not know what it was? He waved the papers at her and began to pace around the room. “It’s the list you wanted. That you asked for. Of the guests? That I picked to come to the wedding and the receptuion afterwards. You were the one that wanted me to do this. Surely you’ve not forgotten?”

Sephiroth nodded slowly. “Four days seems reasonable… tell them what happened to me if anybody from my work asks.” He moved to sit down on the edge of the bed. “Though I honestly doubt they would… if I told them I was taking leave.” He sighed again. “There’s a lot to do on the dock. Negotiations are still continuing.”

Viewing 25 posts - 751 through 775 (of 1,501 total)
  • The topic ‘JennaxSephiroth: I want to be a hero’ is closed to new replies.