JennaxSephiroth: I want to be a hero

Home Forums Kat + Seferia RolePlay Roleplay Forum Main RP JennaxSephiroth: I want to be a hero

Viewing 25 posts - 626 through 650 (of 1,501 total)
  • Author
    Seferia
    Keymaster

“Ah, I see… Well, don’t feel the need to keep me informed on these matters,” Desiree explained. “Even though I’m family, that doesn’t mean that I need to know everything.”

She then looked up as the waitress brought their deserts. Grinning, she nodded before she began to spoon ice cream into Orpheus’s mouth.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth nodded. “Understood. I figured you would at least be interested in some of the details.” He mumbled. “I would if it were somebody in my immediate family…” He sat up when his cake and coffee came and ate in silence for most of the time, his mind deep in thought.

“It is something for you to consider, should you continue your relationship…” He mumbled in a quiet voice. “There is a vague possibility that one of your offspring will turn out worse than expected…”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Desiree looked up before she quickly shook her head. Her attempt to be polite had gone terribly awry. So, she responded ,”No, no. I am interested. However, I also respect your privacy, Father. So, I’m not going to press you for details. If you want to tell me, that’s fine. If you don’t want to tell me, that’s fine too.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth shook his head. “I understand, though there’s not very much to tell right now, other than what was already spoken.” He eyed off the phone again, then sighed, “Zach is going to take the child home to Jenna to take care of. I need to be getting back to work soon.” He took another sip of his coffee and scowled deeply.

“I’m pleased that at least one of us is having an enjoyable time…”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Desiree gave her father a weak smile, for she wasn’t quite certain how to respond to that. She had wanted him to have an enjoyable lunch with her and her children, but she understood that he had issues that were going on at the moment. So, she reached out to pat his left hand.

“Hey, you’re smart and have a strong will,” Desiree attempted to console. “No matter what happens, you’ll figure out a way to take care of it. No hardship can get you down, Father. Hell, you already beat death.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth made an amused sound in reply and slowly shook his head. “Death is not that hard to cheat, in all honesty. There’s more than one way to do it. And then there are probably as many individual buffers against it than there are people in the world.”

He took out his wallet and then began to flip through, looking for cards.

Seferia
    Keymaster

“A lot of individual buffers?” Desiree questioned in confusion. “I don’t think that I follow… However, it’s not important.”

With that said, she reached over to clean up her son’s face, for he had gotten chocolate all over it. As she cleaned him off, she looked over at Sephiroth.

“So… were you going to accompany me to talking to Kalysto about the wedding and stuff?”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth glanced at Desiree and slowly shook his head. “It doesn’t matter. You don’t need to know these things as you decided to become a civilian in your adult life, rather than a fighter, a magic-caster, or something else…” He shrugged.

“I will accompany you this evening if you wish. This afternoon I am expecting a rather long report from the group that captured the dragons currently residing on land near the shipping port.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

“Yea, I know that I decided to be a civilian, Father,” Desiree responded. “I don’t mind my choice of life at all. There’s nothing wrong with it. I get to have plenty of time with my children. So it works out.”

She then nodded at Sephiroth’s last set of words. “Well then, I’ll see you tonight. You want a ride back to work, right?”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth shrugged. “I didn’t say that there was anything wrong with being a civilian. If you are content to live a low-profile quiet life, that is your choice and nobody should take it from you.” He folded his arms neatly on the desk. “And it is my job to ensure the continued survival of such things.”

He nodded slowly. “As soon as they come with the bill, I can leave. A ride back to my office would be convenient.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Desiree nodded at Sephiroth, for she was grateful that he didn’t disapprove of her choice in life style. Still, she got out of her chair before she picked up Orpheus.

“In that case, please watch over Milena for a moment. I want to change this guy’s diaper before we go.”

So, she went off toward the bathroom so that she could take care of both herself and Orpheus’s needs.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth watched Desiree carry the youngster away and glanced across the table to Milena. He raised eyebrows at her in slight curiousity, lowering them again a moment later.

“So…” he began, pondering a way to start conversation with such a young creature. “Did you enjoy your food?”

Milena just silently stared back at him and reached over to paw at Sephiroth’s plate, wanting to lick the crumbs off. Sephiroth obliged once he had worked out what she wanted. He watched the young-hybrid lick the plate clean and he shook his head as he waited for Desiree to return.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Desiree spent several minute in the bathroom. Once both herself and Orpheus were taken care of, she returned to the table so that she could set Orpheus back down in his seat. She then moved over to take Milena.

“Sorry, this will be another moment, Father,” Desiree apologized. “It’s just easier to do them one at a time. I’ll be right back, I promise. You’ll probably have the bill all taken care of by the time that I return.”

With that said, she went back to the bathroom.

Orpheus whined as he was left alone with Sephiroth. He then looked over at his grandfather once more before he tensely held his ears up, being quite alert.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Milena loudly screeched when picked up, mostly because she had not expected it. She was rather quiet when carried away, hugging Desiree’s shoulder.

Sephiroth was about to speak, sighing when Desiree walked off again. He eyed off the young half-elf and lightly shook his head, not knowing what to say to him either.

“It doesn’t even matter what I ask you, does it,” He said quietly. “You’re not going to reply.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Orpheus twitched his ears as his grandfather spoke to him. He then looked over Sephiroth for several minutes before he very softly spoke.

“You man but haf long hair… You strange.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth grunted lightly and frowned at the youngster. “Yes. I have long hair. And I am a male. But it is not unusual. You will see it more as you grow up. I’m sure of it.”

He was almost relieved when the waitress came around with the tab, as when it was placed down on the table he finally had a distraction to put his focus on. As he filled it out and signed it, he thought to himself that he preferred the company of his own children, rather than somebody else’s.

Seferia
    Keymaster

“Oh..,” Orpheus responded. He still wasn’t certain what to make out of this male. As far as he was concerned, the man was very, very strange. “You very pale. Very, very pale.”

He then looked about the restaurant, for he wasn’t certain when his mother was getting back. He wanted to be back with his mother rather than this strange man.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth was distracted with the tab. He tucked his card into the pouch and snapped it shut, pushing it across the table ahortly afterwards.

“I could say the same of you, boy. You are light in colour. You have spiked hair. And you have green eyes. I am also bigger than you. I am your grand-father.” He offered a forced smile, but it dissapeared again within seconds.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Orpheus quickly shook his head at his grandfather’s words.

“Uh-uh. I not pale. I go out in sun… Get tan. Dahy say that good.”

He pinned his ears back, not liking how Sephiroth’s smile vanished so quickly. It just felt unsettling to him. So, he released a soft whine before he looked for his mother once more.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth had no intention of being mean or even aggressive to this youngster but he couldn’t help but feel strange and awkward with any kind of friendly socialization. He offered (what he felt) was another friendly grin, sighing after he realized that none of this was having any affect.

“I’m not good with public situations.” He grunted. “I will have to come over and get to know you properly.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Desiree finally returned from the bathroom, having now taken care of both of her children. She had been recently working on finishing up Milena’s toilet training, so she had tried to get her to use the toilet while she was in the bathroom.

So, upon returning to the table, she reached in to pick up Orpheus before she looked over at Sephiroth.

“Are you ready, Father?”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth watched Desiree return with a vague sense of relief. He nodded down at the tab book on the table, then picked it up.

“I am ready. I suppose I can take this to the front counter. Or we may consider running, but then I would be in all of the newspapers tomorrow for eating food in a restaurant and running before the tab is paid for.” He smirked and headed for the front counter to pay, quickly stuffing his card back into his wallet once done.

“Your children seem unhappy with my presence.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Chuckling, Desiree shook her head. Her father had quite the twisted sense of humor, when one caught it. So, she didn’t take his statements too seriously. Instead, she followed him to the counter.

“I would never suggest stealing, Father,” Desiree stated. “That is something mother would do, though… However, you taught me morals.”

She then frowned at Sephiroths observation. Shaking her head, she moved to the SUV so that she could strap in her children.

“Don’t worry about that, Father. They just don’t know you… So, they don’t know what to make out of you. However, don’t take that as something wrong. You are a busy man, so I understand.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth just sighed to himself as he left the building again, piling into the SUV. Desiree’s comment had made him more dissapointed than anything. As he sat in the vehicle he shifted about to make himself comfortable.

He said nothing, and was quiet for the journey back again.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Desiree glanced at Sephiroth from time to time as she drove him back to the office. She had noticed his mood, which was unsettling. She had wanted him to have a good time; however, it seems that he was leaving on a sour note.

Upon pulling up to his office building, she softly spoke up to him, “I’ll see you tonight, Father. Also, feel free to visit myself or the children at any time. You’re always welcome.”

Viewing 25 posts - 626 through 650 (of 1,501 total)
  • The topic ‘JennaxSephiroth: I want to be a hero’ is closed to new replies.