JennaxSephiroth: I want to be a hero

Home Forums Kat + Seferia RolePlay Roleplay Forum Main RP JennaxSephiroth: I want to be a hero

Viewing 25 posts - 576 through 600 (of 1,501 total)
  • Author
    Seferia
    Keymaster

“I know you want food, Milena,” Desire calmly responded. “However, you need to first pick it out. Once you decide on what to eat, we’ll tell the waitress, who will then get the food for us when it’s ready.”

As Desiree spoke, she gave her daughter a grin, for she hoped that she was being comforting. She then glanced over at Sephiroth.

“Do you have any suggestions?”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth glanced at the menu. “They’re both relatively young. I would personally feed them soft food that they can pick up with their hands and eat with ease. Something like the children’s pasta shapes or… I’m sure they can pick something out.”

He glanced at the menu again, flipping a page. “I think I am going to have fish today however.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Desiree blinked at her father’s words. She then covered her mouth with her left hand before she chuckled.

“No, Father. I meant do you have any suggestions as to what I should order,” she rectified. “You picked this place, so I should hope that you know what’s good to eat here.”

Orpheus wiggled about in his seat, for he was anxious and a bit uncomfortable. After a bit, he settled down to stare at Sephiroth. His ears twitched as he paid attention to all the noise in the area.

After a bit, the half-elf exclaimed out, “You old.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth was still reading the menu when Orpheus made his statement. He did nothing more than react with a slight flinch at first. Then he slowly set the menu down and glanced over at the kid, a dissaproving scowl slowly growing on his features.

“Not at all.” He replied finally.

Milena chewed on the edge of her menu after licking a picture of pancakes.

Seferia
    Keymaster

“Milena, the pictures are not food. You don’t eat the menu,” Desiree scolded.

Sighing, she shook her head then looked up as the waitress came to the area. She quickly ordered waters for herself and her two children. She then looked over at Sephiroth.

“Mind an appetizer, Father? I’m certain that the children will love to eat that while they wait for the real food.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

“Alright,” Sephiroth said to Desiree with a tired sigh. “Add one of those pull-apart bread appetizers to the tab. I will let you decide on the flavouring, you know their tastes better than I do. However, I reccommend either the garlic, or the one with tomato baked through it. I have eaten here before, and both are equally as good as each other.” He put the menu down again and glanced up at the waitress, having decided what he wanted to eat.

“I will have the lemon and dill crumbed fish with a side of roasted vegetables. No salad.” He pushed the menu across to the waitress and returned his attention to Desiree, vaguely curious as to what she would order for the children.

Milena spat out the menu when scolded and put her head down. “I’m hungry…” She glanced down at her cutlery and whacked the armor-reinforced part of her palm on the table, producing a rather loud wooden sound. “Want pizza. Want chicken, want steak, want num-nums! Hungry!”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Desiree looked over the menu some more. She then nodded before she looked over at the waitress.

“I’ll have the Monterrey jack burger combo,” the young woman pointed toward the menu as she indicated the item. “As for my children here…”

She looked first at Milena before she frowned in thought. After a bit, she looked up at the waitress again, “Get this one the adult sized chicken fingers basket. As for my son here, get him a cheeseburger meal from the children’s’ menu.”

She nodded to herself, finding the choices to be good. She then folded up her menu.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth seemed pleased with Desiree’s food choices. He nodded his head slightly, approving of the situation. As long as he wasn’t called old again, he would consider the outing to be a success. It had certainly put him in a better mood after being told about how much he was asked to pay for a wedding, that was for sure.

“Hopefully they will eat it all,” Sephiroth said slowly. “However, I think they should. That one certainly looks hungry enough.” He nodded to Milena, amused. “Do people comment much on her draconic appearance? Or have the Anti-Discrimination laws protecting the unique and unusual started working properly as they should?”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Desiree nodded at her father’s findings, for she found that he was right on the ball concerning Milena’s appetite.

So, before Sephiroth continued on, she commented, “Yes, Zephyros is not likely to eat all his food, but Milena will undoubtedly eat his left- Oh.. Well, no, I haven’t noticed much. However, she usually stays at home. I suppose we’ll see when she goes to school..”

Desiree helplessly shrugged, for she wasn’t certain what would happen. She then sat up as she remembered something. So, she reached down into her bag and pulled out a small stack of papers.

“Here, these are the documented costs of the services that I’ll need for the wedding.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth reached out to take the papers, his good mood fading again. He set them onto the table in front of him, and with a heavy sigh he began to flip through them to read. Most of the expenses appeared to be decorative and catering costs. He frowned, flipping more pages, his confusion growing.

“Just how many people are you inviting?” He asked finally.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Desiree shrugged before she glanced to the side and muttered, ” I think that Kalysto wanted to invite his business contacts or something like that. I would have been perfectly happy with a small wedding..”

She shook her head then shrugged once more. For the most part, she had decided that it wasn’t worth fighting over the issue.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth raised a brow. “Business contacts. What is this, a wedding or a business seminar? Tell him that you can’t invite this many people, Desiree. A wedding is supposed to be an event for family and personal friends to celebrate.” He folded up the paper and stuffed it into his coat pocket. Before he could add any more, a lady walked past him and waved, blowing a kiss. He furrowed his brow and turned his attention towards the window.

“Invite family and friends. That’s it.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Desiree sighed at her father’s advice. It was sensible, she gave it that much. However, she wasn’t certain how well it’d go over with Kalysto. She glanced at the table as she considered this over. After a bit, she looked up at Sephiroth.

“Father, I would love to do that… However, I think I may need your help on the matter,” Desiree explained. “If perhaps you can remain civil, you can back me up and… Well, he might be talked out of the large wedding.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth nodded his head, seeming quite content with Desiree’s suggestion. He turned his head down to glance over the papers again, giving them another proper look-over. He began to quickly calculate expenses in his head, humming.

“If you include your immediate family… and the same number from Kalysto’s side… you can reduce this bill by at least 12,000 gil.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

“That sounds about right…,” Desiree agreed. While Sephiroth and Jenna had a number of children, there was no real extended family on either her or Kalysto’s side.

“However, there is at least one pair that I am uncertain about. Arte and Zulmire… They raised Kalysto. I don’t know if they have family that they’d want to have see the event.”

She sighed as she thought over the trouble that would have to be dealt with to even make that sort of situation possible. Either her mother or her father would have to go between the two worlds to pick up the guests. Not to mention, that sort of travel always involved some risk…

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth muttered unhappily. “They may have raised him, but they’re not related. If they want to bring extended family, discuss it with him perhaps. I know of only one living relative of his, and that is his brother. Are there more?”

“Or….” He shrugged. “For every family member you invite, tell him he can have one guest of his choosing. That works out, does it not?”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Desiree shrugged, for she wasn’t fully certain how many people Kalysto would be interested in inviting at all. Even though she had witnessed some of Kalysto’s childhood, that didn’t make her very knowledgeable concerning the workings of his relations to those from his home planet.

“I don’t know the answers to these things, Father,” Desiree admitted. “We should probably wait until Kalysto can discuss with us. It is unfair to decide on anything without him.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth waved a hand. “You have a point. We can discuss this later. Right now I’d rather sit back, relax and enjoy my meal.” He folded his arms. “As soon as it decides to come, that is.” He gave the kitchen area a glance before turning his attention to Orpheus.

“How old is he now?” He nodded at the boy. “What traits has he taken on? Has he done anything such as telepathic communication, or telekinesis?”

Seferia
    Keymaster

“He’s coming up on being two years old in a few months, Father,” Desiree replied. “You should come and visit some time. He barely sees you, yet you live nearby.”

Shaking her head, the young mother continued on, “Yes, he’s shown signs of telepathy from early on. He’s always been able to telepathicly transmit emotions. He occasionally forms sentences. However, it’s mostly just feelings.”

Orpheus looked over at Sephiroth as the man turned his attention to him. He held his ears up high as he watched the “old man”, for he still wasn’t certain what to make out of him.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

“I should come visit with you more, yes. It has been difficult with Jenna being half-blinded after her ordeal at the restaurant, however…” He closed his eyes, furrowing his brow. “That issue is not over… you have a new brother. Did you know that? But there is some things wrong with him. Zach is taking care of him right now. He probably never will be able to speak. He can’t make sounds.”

He sighed. “I wish I could have prevented it.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Desiree looked over at her father with wide eyes. She had not expected to hear that sort of news at all. After the initial shock wore off, she lowered her head before she sighed.

“I’m sorry to hear that ,Father,” Desiree honestly stated. “I hope that nothing else is wrong with my new brother. At least if he’s psychic, he’ll not need a voice at all. So, we can hope for that.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth slowly nodded his head. “I think we all will hope for it.” He settled his hands on the table in front of him. “Though his mind didn’t look clear either. There were scans and there were under-developed areas. I don’t know what to say of it.” He sighed again. “But that is my problem to deal with. As he grows, we will need to investigate strategies. Perhaps get him special-needs tutors. Maybe he will even need surgery one day. Who knows…”

He returned his attention to Orpheus, finding his ears weird, but saying nothing about them. “Be content with what you have and hope that nothing ever harms your own.” He eyed off the kitchen again. “I am getting rather hungry…”

Sephiroth’s sentiments about food were echoed by Milena who began to chatter her lower jaw and make instinctual begging noises for food.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Desiree nodded at her father’s explanation concerning his situation. Even though she could do nothing about it, she felt empathy for the fact that her newest brother wouldn’t be normal at all. Of course, none of her family was “normal”; however, none of them were disabled either.

“I am very grateful for what I have, Father,” Desiree replied. “From you and my siblings to my own family, I am very grateful to all of them. I’ve seen some of our neighbors in my area… To say the least, you and mother look like angels compared to the domestic squabbles I’ve seen.”

She shook her head then chuckled at Milena’s noises. “The food will be here soon. They should bring out the appetizer any time now.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth was genuinely amused at Desiree’s one comment, “Hrmph. Angel, me?” He shook his head and laughed lightly. “One-winged angel, maybe. And then there is Jenna… who is more like an angel of death.”

He sighed again after another moment, his amusement fading away entirely. “But yes. I was quite adamant in making sure you were all treated properly. Neither Jenna nor myself had proper or decent childhoods. I didn’t want the same to occur with my offspring and I am more than sure Jenna felt the same way.” He mumbled. “Alright… things weren’t normal sometimes… and then there was that period of time where I was stuck inside of a soul-sphere… but the rest of it wasn’t bad.”

“I hope the appetizer comes soon,” He said quickly, changing the subject to lighter things. “I wouldn’t mind whetting my appetite while the real food is still being prepared.” He idly picked at a stray thread on his clothes. “The restaurant is on the slight expensive side. However, the meal portions they serve here are generous to compensate.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

“I do honestly appreciate all that you did for us, Father,” Desiree responded. “You have gave me more than a decent childhood. I have absolutely no complaints as to anything you did, Father. I think… I can also manage to forgive mother now.”

Desiree lowered her head at the last statement. After taking a deep breath, she continued, “She has done very well since she returned. So, I guess that makes up for it..”

Luckily, just as she finished speaking, the waitress came along with the appetizer.

Viewing 25 posts - 576 through 600 (of 1,501 total)
  • The topic ‘JennaxSephiroth: I want to be a hero’ is closed to new replies.