JennaxSephiroth: I want to be a hero

Home Forums Kat + Seferia RolePlay Roleplay Forum Main RP JennaxSephiroth: I want to be a hero

Viewing 25 posts - 451 through 475 (of 1,501 total)
  • Author
    Seferia
    Keymaster

“Probably won’t make any noise…” Jenna repeated to herself. She had honestly never heard of such a thing. Each and every one of her previous children had screamed at the top of their lungs. However, all she’s heard so far from this boy was gasps and maybe a high squeak at times.

Shaking her head, she got up to prepare some of the formula. For now, she was completely silent, for she had nothing useful that she could offer Sephiroth or anyone else. Hell, all her knowledge from her youth indicated that the newborn should be killed. However, she knew that wasn’t an option.

After the formula was ready, she moved over to feed her son. Given that Sephiroth was content to remain near the bed, she would lean in close to him as she fed the boy.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth just sat quietly, having not much of use to offer to the situation. He watched Jenna feed the newborn with curiousity, though the overwhelming sense of grief from the news of the birth still filled the majority of his thoughts. He offered a half-assed weak grunt to his mate, then began to purr with about as much emphasis for a brief period.

He closed his eyes, feeling exhausted. A bad outcome to a stressful day. Not something he wanted at all.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Once the newborn was done feeding, Jenna tried to hand him over to Sephiroth, for she hoped that the man might cheer up to some degree if he could examine the infant. She was as worried as Sephiroth was. However, the worse of her thoughts centered around the fact that most defective children were meant to be weeded out in Halcyon. Then again, she was considered weak and unworthy when she was growing up, yet Kerash took her in anyway. So, perhaps the solutions that she had been taught were incorrect.

At length, Jenna softly spoke, “He does resemble you more than he does me… Do you have any suggestions for a name?”

Meanwhile, the boy lazily looked up at Sephiroth as he was handed over to his father. His wings twitched and he made a very soft squeaking noise. However, he was more interested in sleep at the moment.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

“I can’t think of anything to name him for now. I will get out a book later and do some reading as I ponder that subject.” was Sephiroth’s reply to Jenna’s question. The male just sat there and held the infant for now, not entirely sure if he wanted to keep on discussing the subject at all.

At least the infant was content in his arms, even if his noises worried him.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna slowly nodded her head as she listened to Sephiroth. After a bit, she looked in between both her son and her husband before she suggested, “Aside from the lack of voice, he looks a lot like you… Perhaps… You could always name him after you.”

She shrugged, for she wasn’t certain if this suggestion was good or not.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

“Name him after me?” He considered the idea, pondering it for several moments in silence.

“Desiree has a child named after me. Granted, it’s name is Zephyros, and that happens to be the child’s middle name. However, she refers to it by it’s middle name, and after a while, I am sure that it would become confusing.” He sighed. “As flattered as I am, I suggest giving it a similar, yet unique name.”

He glanced into the hallway, seeming anxious. When was Zach going to start his examinations already? He had never been so eager to see a medical examination done in his entire life.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna hummed before she slowly nodded at Sephiroth’s reasoning. She could see where he was coming from. Still, she thought the suggestion was valid. So, she pressed on, “Isn’t your name based off something that has several parts to it? Perhaps use one of those?”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth sighed now. He pondered Jenna’s question and his reply very carefully before he replied.

“Yes. I did some research into my name.” He shook his head. “The person who named me was crazy, as you can well guess. As far as I could gather, the Sephiroth is a tree-like path of stages which ascend to that of God-like status. It seems that even before I was born, Hojo knew what he wanted of me…”

He shrugged. “Though it isn’t a name, I suppose it could have had many meanings. I should get the book I found it in, and show you the diagram. Maybe it will make more sense if you see that.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Groaning, Jenna shook her head at Sephiroth. She then sighed out at him before she replied, “Yes, you’ve explained to me numerous times on how your name isn’t a real name. To be honest, Seph, all names aren’t real names, so it doesn’t matter.

“What I meant is perhaps we should take the name of one of those segments that your name is based off of,” she continued. “Perhaps one of those would be good enough as a name for the boy. It’ll be a way to name him after you without naming him after you.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth slowly shook his head. He was more concerned about the boy’s health and the future of his child than something like naming him. He released a tired sigh and closed his eyes, nodding at Jenna’s suggestion anyway.

“Segments of the tree of the Sephirot?” He was curious now. “I suppose. Each one of them has a different meaning though, so we would have to choose a positive one. There are negative ones there.”

At that moment, Zach stepped into the room. “Everything’s warmed up now. Can I take him? I’ll put him into the machine and scan him now. We’ll be able to tell the full extent of his… well, defects.” He hadn’t wanted to put it that way, but he figured he may as well be honest and blunt.

Seferia
    Keymaster

“Yes, that’s what I was referring to, Seph,” Jenna continued on, for she felt that concentrating on the name rather than the fact that there was something wrong with the child will at least hold back some of Seph’s sorrows. “I also agree, we wouldn’t want to name him after a negative one. However, it is a sensibl-“

She paused as Zach entered the room. Promptly, she nodded to her “son” before she waved to the newborn.

“Please do. I’d rather not have Seph nor myself tortured by waiting any longer.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Zach gently nodded in understanding and scooped the infant up in his arms, carrying him out of the room entirely, heading across the corridor to the room containing the MRI machine. He set the boy into the harness designed for youngsters, wanting to ensure that he wouldn’t fall out. After that, he lightly gassed him so he would fall asleep and not move for the machine, getting it moving so he could begin his scans.

Sephiroth just continued to sit in the ward and pondered the conversation. “I’ll get the book later… if I can find it.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

“This may take a while,” Jenna spoke out. “Perhaps you should go ahead and get that book now. There’s no point in having you just sit here for hours, waiting.”

Jenna then waved at the door, trying to indicate that Sephiroth should go ahead and leave.

“I’ll be fine here. And… It’s for a worthwhile venture. So, go ahead and find the book or something of use.”

The infant took nearly no time to fall asleep. He had already been tired by the time that Zach set him down on the harness. As his body relaxed, his wings spread out behind him. As the scan commenced, Zach would find that there are underdeveloped parts of the boy’s mind. Also, his vocal cords simply were not formed properly. So, between his mind and his vocal cords, he was not making any use of the cords at all.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth sighed and nodded his head, rising to his feet. “I should try to eat something anyway.” He left the room.

*”I shall teleport the book to you when I find it. And then we shall look together.”*

Meanwhile, Zach sat down at the MRI’s output computer, printing the scans that bothered him most. He enlarged pictures, scanned deformities and printed them out. Then he placed them all into a folder, bundling up the infant again, carrying him out of the room to return to his parents. The entire process didn’t even take more than an hour minutes as the boy was quite tiny.

He walked into the room, looking around. Only Jenna was there so he slipped the infant into her lap. “There you go. He’s sleepy, but it was only light gas so he won’t be affected much at all.” He looked down at his folder, his expression not a happy one. “Should I wait for Sephiroth to return before explaining my findings?”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna took the infant into her arms as Zach handed him over. Sighing, she glanced down at the little one before she proceeded to pat his head.

After Zach spoke up, the sorceress looked up at her “son” before she gave him a brief nod. “Yes,” she agreed, “you should wait for Seph’s return. It shouldn’t take long. He only went to look for a book. I wanted him to do something for a bit rather than just sit here and worry.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Zach blinked. “A book? I’m scanning and could have returned any time with important news and he went looking for a book to read…?” His expression was one of dumb amazement and disbelief.

He set the folder down on the bed, then moved to sit beside it, tugging at one of the corners.

“Call him back here… you might want to know now.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna gave Zach a deep and poignant frown, for she didn’t like his tone. Under normal circumstances, perhaps he might have been right in what he had just said. However, this was not one of those times. At least, that’s how she felt. She then snorted.

“Yes, he’s looking for a book,” she repeated. “We were discussing what to name the child, and we needed the book to see if we could find that name. Give him another few moments. He shouldn’t be much longer.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Zach was frustrated now. He had important information and Sephiroth was more concerned about a book, Jenna more concerned about names. At least, that’s how it seemed to him. He knew better than to speak his mind on the subject however, and he folded his arms, looking particularly huffy.

“Just how long is he going to be?” He asked finally, after five minutes had passed with no sign of him.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna continued to frown at Zach, for she did not appreciate his attitude at all. He wasn’t a fully trained doctor, so the boy couldn’t have a busy schedule. He had time to wait a few minutes for Sephiroth to be ready.

Snarling at Zach’s inquiry, she closed her eyes before she contacted Sephiroth, ~Zach is back with the news. Have you found the book yet?~

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth’s reply came rather suddenly. *”I can’t find the book! I’ve torn out half the book case and catagorized these with subjects and various things and…”* He stopped. *”I found it in my World War II books. I placed it there with the other books about Jewish people.”*

He teleported the book to Jenna’s left hand, reappearing within three feet of her a moment later.

“That didn’t take long.”

Zach silently glared.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna nodded as Sephiroth finally returned to the hospital room. She then nodded in the direction of the chair that Sephiroth had been occupying earlier. Once she felt that everything was in order, she looked back over at Zach.

“There, see. It wasn’t long at all. Now, go ahead and explain what you found, boy,” Jenna requested.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Zach cleared his throat and took the scans out of his folder, walking over to the nearest x-ray light box on the wall so he could show them.

“We’re not going to know the extent of his brain alterations until he’s older. But they deviate from the normal, and they deviate from what we typically see in the hybrid’s gifted-brain as well, as we’re now calling them…” He motioned at Sephiroth and Jenna as he did this.

Sephiroth loudly snorted.

Zach ignored him and continued. “His larynx stopped developing some months ago by the looks of things – possibly when Jenna was attacked by the monster at the restaurant. He may be able to squeak if he yells, but apart from that he may never make physical sounds with his voice. We’ll have to see what happens as he grows…” He paused hesitantly. “The good news is that the mind is clear. It’s different from anything we’ve seen before, even in what we know about mind-changes due to experimentation or otherwise…”

Sephiroth made another louder snorting sound.

Zach opened another folder, popping somebody else’s scans on the light-box. “See this? This is from a psychic female hybrid human, aged three years. Conceived by a rape-victim when that alien came to visit.” He taps the areas to show which parts have enlarged, then glances back at Jenna and Sephiroth’s newborn son’s pictures, comparing them. “Do note that change is not necessarily bad. Both have enlarged memory capacity capabilities, and these areas we always see in psychics here which is probably where a lot of their ability comes from…”

He mumbled to himself for a few moments.

“Oh and he has very sturdy wings. They’re attached handsomely along the scapular region.” He sighed. “I hope I’m not losing you or boring you by this point.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna narrowed her eyes at Zach’s explanation. Most of what he was telling her sounded more like an attempt to dissect their newborn than explain what was wrong with him. At least, that’s the way that she saw it. However, he was bringing up a few valid points, she supposed.

“So, in other words, he won’t ever be able to speak?” Jenna attempted to clarify the ramble that she had just been bombarded with. “And you are certain that there is nothing else wrong with the child?”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Zach shook his head. “Some of his mind is superior to that of a regular human’s brain. So it’s not a matter of whether things are wrong or not, it’s all about difference. We won’t be able to tell right now if his mind is better or worse. You’ll have to notice it as he grows… pay attention to things like walking, and time it takes him to learn simple tasks. If he picks them up slower than normal he may have a learning disability. It may very well be a gift, too. He may learn quicker… you just simply don’t know.”

He sighed. “But yes, he’ll probably never be able to speak. With his voice, anyway.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna glanced down at her newborn. She then looked over at Sephiroth before she frowned with concern.

~So, what are we supposed to do now? The child is defective..~ she inquired.

Viewing 25 posts - 451 through 475 (of 1,501 total)
  • The topic ‘JennaxSephiroth: I want to be a hero’ is closed to new replies.