Jenna/Sephy: Old, New, Borrowed, Blue.

Home Forums Kat + Seferia RolePlay Roleplay Forum Main RP Jenna/Sephy: Old, New, Borrowed, Blue.

Viewing 25 posts - 451 through 475 (of 2,221 total)
  • Author
    Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Rhyderi: *shakes his head* My father originally taught me in the ways of the sword. He was a proud warrior, and was never honestly seen without his sword… even when in our house. *grunts* Then I changed the course of my path when I became a Paladin, a warrior of the Light. Which is also a sword weilder… *mumbles* ….though I occaisonally carry an axe too…

Zulmire: *nods his head* Dat be what I do with Kalysto too. He show interest in ‘da elements. ‘Den I show him Ice, Fire, an’ Lightning. He suck at all o’ ‘dem but had a gift fo’ Fire. So I encourage ‘dat… *sighs* ‘Dey told me ‘e was suppos’d t’ be a Mage. *shrugs* I t’ought I could handle ‘dat.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: Hrmph, the weapon doesn’t matter, this is about learning how to not depend on weapons to get the job done. *sighs* Ok, do you at least know how to make a fist? A proper one that is optimized to cause maximum damage with minimum injury to you.

Desiree: Well, I have no problems with the path that he choose. I rather like the way that he turned out… When he’s not being a jerk to me. *sighs then shakes her head* Hey, Mahret, come here.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Rhyderi: Of course. *curls his fingers up and places the thumb on the outside, tucking it in to get it out of the way* Punch through with the knuckles. Always. Otherwise you may break the bones in your hands. This I was taught from a very young age. I have been involved in minimal unarmed combat training you know.

Mahret: *wanders out of her hiding spot and sits at Desiree’s feet, snarling loudly, though the noise is neither angry nor hostile in the slightest. She begins to thump her tail on the ground, and within ten seconds, she aggressively scratches her side with her hind foot claw*

Zulmire: Ehhh… it be every’tin against what I learn. I still be gettin’ used to it…. *seems rather unhappy* Kalysto tried to say I be no better ‘dan him because I dabble in voodoo, buh ‘dat simply not beh true. Voodoo an’ demons not ‘da same at all.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: Very well. Show me the extent of your knowledge in unarmed combat. That way I know where I should start off with, hm? Of course, you should also stretch out.

Desiree: *tilts her head at Mahret’s snarling. She then reaches down after a moment and begins to scratch the same spot where Mahret was scratching* Want to play with Milena, hm?

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Mahret: *raises her head, seeming very pleased. If Desiree keeps her hand there long enough, she may even get bitten by the fleas the female Felhunter is carrying in her coat right now* Ih. *snorts, then shakes her head. She wiggles her maw for a moment, then violently sneezes, her jaw crashing against the floor*

Rhyderi: Why should I stretch out? The larger I am, the larger area of attack you have against me. Remember, defense first. No?

Milena: *copies Mahret’s snarling and growls loudly, giggling*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: *groans at Rhyderi* You stretch out before working out in general. Anyone who does physical activity should know that. It’s about loosening your muscles so that they don’t get injured while you’re moving about. Do you know know how to do this?

Desiree: *blinks as she picks a flea out of Mahret’s fur. She then frowns at it* Hey.. Zulmire. Do you know how to get rid of these sort of thigns? *she holds up the flea, which she has pinched between her thumb and index finger, toward him*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Zulmire: *glares at the flea, then down at the Felhunter* Where ‘da hell was it? *shakes his head* ‘Dere be a flower ‘dat grow on da isles near Sen’jin. It probably elsewhere too… be askin’ your resident alchemist ’bout ‘dem. It be called a chrysanthemum. It really good at killin’ insects. Get a bunch o’ dem, cut em up, an boil em until dey dissolve. ‘Den put de liquid in her fur. Should keel every bitin’ insect on her.

Mahret: *scratches her side again, then turns her maw away to bite at her side, snarling*

Rhyderi: Oh, right. Of course. *steps back from Jenna to stretch his limbs, curling his arms over his head to stretch them out, pulling the arms across his body to slowly stretch the bicep and tricep mucles, soon moving onto his legs* Mind you, this is not necessary. I’m a Sin’dorei. It’s not going to affect me a great deal if I pull something – it would heal readily.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Desiree: *frowns* Chry-sasss-emum… Right. *nods at Zulmire, though it’s clear that she isn’t too comfortable about saying the name at all. SIghing, she contacts Kalysto* ~Kalysto, I need your assistance. Zulmire says that you know of something called chrysashethum or something like that which can be used to kill fleas.~

Jenna: The point is avoiding needless injury. Whether you heal quickly or not, you still do not need to put yourself in a condition where you might get hurt. *she watches him as he stretches*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Kalysto: *”I know of it, but I don’t grow any. Why, do you want some? I can make a trip north to get some from a grower, but it’s honestly not that easy to come by as an ingredient… I would probably have to buy it from a florist. Which is a waste, because those are pretty decorative flowers…”* *pauses* *”Why? Killing fleas? Just buy flea powder.”*

Rhyderi: *continues to slowly stretch, calmly going through his stretching routine. He begins to crack his knuckles, then smirks* I couldn’t possibly warm up anything else.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Desiree: ~Zulmire was the one who suggested it. Mahret apparently has fleas. I would dare say that Droozun has some too. Those things lay eggs, right? So we’ll need to get stuff laid around the entire house, right?~

Jenna: *tilts her head* Right.. *Shakes her head* Let’s begin. *with that, she moves in on him and begins to teach test to see if he knows the various punches and how to block them proprely. She’s keeps things simple for now*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Kalysto: *”Yeah… they’re going to get everywhere if you don’t do something. Come by the shop – I need to give you the excess from the till-box anyway. I have nearly 100,000 gil in here and we really should really place it on the housing loan. Unless there’s something really nice you want to buy.”*

Rhyderi: *begins to carefully step away and around her. His foot placement is quite precise and co-ordinated due to the footwork needed for swordfighting. He raises his arms up to block various punches, being used to doing that with a shield locked on his arm*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Desiree: ~No, I’d rather have the house taken care of. I don’t need anything. Anyway… Umm… Have you seen the stuff that my mother has coming out of Halcyon? I think she’s stolen things that can pay for the house in a hearbeat.~ *she gets to her feet then glances at Mahret* Protect Milena and Zulmire here. I’m going to see what I can do about those bugs. *She then nods and heads toward Kalysto’s shop*

Jenna: *watches over his form as he moves. She then frowns* You’re still acting like you’re holding a sword and a shield. This is a fluid movement. *shakes her head* No matter, this will take months to years for any true expertise to come about.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Rhyderi: *nods his head in acknowledgement* You would have to dispute nearly 20 years of training. I have been given a sword and a shield ever since I was a small child. My father pretty much decreed I become a warrior. And I’d like to think I made him proud. *flicks his ears back* Unlike my brother.

Kalysto: *glances up at the doorway, grinning* Welcome. Can I help you?>

Seferia
    Keymaster

Desiree: *Frowns as she glances over at Kalysto, still not happy that Kalysto hasn’t even appologized about the way he treated her yesterday. She then moves over to him* You wanted to give me money out of your til.

Jenna: Hrmph, I care not for your stories. Stories are stories. Who you honored or what they wanted means nothing in the long run. *She then reaches out to grasp onto his left arm and tries to pin him by twisting and locking it behind his back*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Kalysto: Gimmie a second. *crouches down, opening a trap door in the floor. He takes out a wooden box, hefting it onto the counter. He pants slightly after the effort, then opens the box, showing off the contents to her* Most boring potions people buy. But hey… it makes money. *closes the box again, then places it into a sack, handing it to her* Take it to that building where your dad works.

Rhyderi: *is rather quick on the uptake and stays still as Jenna tries to pin him, moving partway through the move, before twisting his arm back the other way in her grip, resisting her*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Desiree: *Glances at the gil then nods* We really need go get a bank or something… This can’t be the best way to do this sort of thing. *She then takes the money before nodding* I’ll make the delivery. *she then makes her way to the ShinRa headquarters building*

Jenna: *narrows her eyes as she feels that Rhyderi is resisting her. However, she simply lets go after a few minutes* Not bad.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Rhyderi: *gives her a quick curt nod* All in the training. *shifts back into a more relaxed stance, stretching momentarily* So what are you going to teach me first? I don’t mind the basics. It has been a while since I have been in practise.

Kalysto: Thanks. Conceal it on your way out.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: *crosses her arms* I already was training you. Did you not notice the ways that I was forcing you to block? But yes, that is basically it. Since you are new to this technique, we’ll go through the basics and teach you how to move.

Desiree: *nods in acknowlegement* ~Thank you for the advice, Kalysto. *unfortunately, she doesn’t have many pockets nor a bag. So, she just hugs the gil to her chest as she continues on her way*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Rhyderi: *nods and begins to move around Jenna slowly, looking for openings in her stance. He attempts to lightly whack at her back area, grinning* Should I trust you to teach me? You are open here. I bet I could find another in a few moments.

Kalysto: *moves to the shop window to keep an eye on Desiree. He arranges small items in the window as he does this, incase he is called out on his behaviour*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: Heh, are you so certain that I am open from that position? *glances back at him* Very well then, show me what you would do if you were to take advantage of this opening that you see?

Desiree: *keeps her head down as she walks to the building, kicking at various rocks on the street. Upon entering the ShinRa headquarters, she talks to the receptionist before handing the money over to the proper person*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Rhyderi: I am probably going to end up on my back. However… *quickly attempts to whack the back area again*

Kalysto: *seems to relax once Desiree has gone out of sight and is safe in the building. He then dissapears in the back of his shop to continue working, dumping a ringing bell on the desk for people to get him with*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: *grunts as she’s hit in the back, which causes her to take a single step forward. However, she quickly uses to momentum that Rhyderi had started to swing around and deliver a round-house kick, aiming high for his head* Idealy, I’d never let you back there.

Desiree: *leaves the office once the money is deposited. She then walks over to the general store so that she can get products that are meant to combat fleas. As she returns to her house, she reads over the directions for the various products*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Rhyderi: *promptly ducks his head to avoid the foot, then stumbles back out of the way, grinning* Ideally, you should protect yourself from all sides. Preferrably any way you can. By the way, it’s inadvisable to use a kick like that. It would be easy for me to grab your foot and twist it, and ruin your balance. But you knew that already. Didn’t you.

Mahret: *is rolling on her back, itching her fur on the floor rug, growling*

Milena: *loudly giggles as she watches her, trying to put her hands in the Felhunter’s mouth to tease it* Doggy!

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: I am fully aware of the risks of my moves. However, you want to learn martial arts. So, shall we return to the actual lesson, hm? *shakes her head at him* In most cases, a person can keep another from moving behind them. However, if one is surrounded, it is next to impossible to defend your back, unless you have these. *she then pulls out her wings* However, that is an unfair advantage.

Desiree: Milena, leave Mahret alone. You don’t want to get the same bugs… Actually.. *she glances over a shampoo before looking up* Zulmire, can you do a favor for me?

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Rhyderi: If they are tangible, yes. If not… I can bat straight through them and they wouldn’t even make a difference… *grins* Though I guess I could say I could do similar. In times of desperation and calling heavily upon the light, a pair of divine wings may appear behind a Paladin. You cannot grab them though – they are made out of pure Holy energy.

Zulmire: Ah ‘no, ah know… *waves a hand at her and picks Milena up, carrying her into the bathroom* I not be touchin’ ‘dat demon though. Don’t beh askin me to.

Mahret: *continues to scratch herself on the rug, then suddenly flips up right the way, before running away outside*

Viewing 25 posts - 451 through 475 (of 2,221 total)
  • The topic ‘Jenna/Sephy: Old, New, Borrowed, Blue.’ is closed to new replies.