Jenna & Sephiroth: The Eagle Has Landed

Home Forums Kat + Seferia RolePlay Roleplay Forum Main RP Jenna & Sephiroth: The Eagle Has Landed

Viewing 25 posts - 651 through 675 (of 682 total)
  • Author
    Seferia
    Keymaster

“Yea, we’re going home, Kalysto. Don’t you worry about that,” Desiree assured her husband as she wheeled him out of the hospital. Once she reached the car, she opened up the rear door so that she could help Kalysto into the back seat.

“Just lay down and try to make yourself comfortable, ok?”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Once he was laid out on the backseat, Kalysto curled up, scowling with contempt as he felt the effects of the anaesthetic begin to wear off. His leg hurt and he was not at all happy.

“Just drive us home…” He groaned. He wanted to sleep. “Did you get your… uh… what was it…? Did you get it done?”

Seferia
    Keymaster

“Umm… yea, Kalysto. My stuff was done. But don’t worry, we’re not going to waste any time,” Desiree softly spoke as she shifted into gear so that she could drive off. “We’ll be home shortly.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Kalysto groaned with unhappiness as he curled up on the back seat of the car. For the drive home, he didn’t move very much. He was uncomfortable and very discontent with the day’s proceedings. When the car got back to the house, he didn’t move.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Once Desiree was home, she quickly carried Kalysto out of the car and into the bedroom so that he could relax there. Soon after, she sat down next to him so that she could stroke her fingers through his hair. “Is there anything you want? Ice cream?”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Kalysto slowly shook his head. “No, there’s nothing I want, except to lie down for awhile and… I don’t even know…” He put his head down on the pillow and curled up, genuinely feeling like he wanted to die at that moment.

Seferia
    Keymaster

“Well, if you wind up needing something, just tell me,” Desiree whispered as she stood up. “For now, I’m going to check up on the children and Rhyderi. Hopefully they didn’t give your brother too much trouble.”

So, Desiree moved downstairs in search of the paladin elf. Upon spotting him, she walked up behind him so that she could poke his shoulder. “we’re back.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Kalysto put his head down on the bed. He felt lousy and he was in pain now that the anaesthetic was well into wearing off.

Rhyderi had been keeping himself busy by entertaining the youngsters. He had Baneledis in his lap and was tickling the boy. When Desiree approached him, he looked up at her and nodded his head. “Mm, I can see that. I trust that everything went well?” He attempted to hand Bane back to his mother. “The youngest one is asleep.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Desiree hugged Banedelis as the boy was handed off to her. “Hello, Banedelis,” the woman whispered before she locked gazes with Rhyderi. “Thank you for taking care of them again. And… Everything mostly went well. Kalysto was deemed improper to operate on though, due to some illness. He’s currently laying in bed, and in a large amount of pain. The doctor that saw him said something about tests.”

Desiree shrugged as she sat down next to her brother in law.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Rhyderi raised a brow. “He’s in pain? Tests? How can he be in pain if it was improper to operate on him? What in the world happened to him if he wasn’t operated on?” The Paladin seemed highly confused. He slowly shook his head and turned his attention towards the doorway, debating whether or not he should pursue his brother. “Is he well?”

Seferia
    Keymaster

“I don’t know much,” Desiree admited as she reached up to brush a lock of her hair behind her ear. “Kalysto told me something about drilling a hole and taking bone marrow. We didn’t really ask what sort of tests were needed when the doctor took Kalysto with him. But yea, he’s in a lot of pain now. I don’t know if he’s well.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Rhyderi raised both brows, looking utterly confused. “Bone marrow? What in the world would they want that for…?” He slowly shook his head in disbelief, then rose off the couch. “He must be really sick if they want that. I don’t even know what you would use it for…”

He disappeared out of the room and headed into the master bedroom. Within the next moment, he was standing over his younger brother, frowning as he checked him over.

“He looks fine… I don’t get it.” Rhyderi scratched the side of his head, utterly puzzled.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Desiree did not immediately follow Rhyderi. Instead, she took a detour to set her son to bed before she came to the master bedroom. Upon entering, she heard him speak about not getting it.

“I don’t know exactly what happened either. I didn’t see the doctor after he took away Kalysto,” she spoke as she moved to Rhyderi’s side. “However, Kalysto is definitely in pain now.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

“He most definitely is in pain…” Rhyderi muttered as he leaned down to examine Kalysto’s leg more closely. He traced his fingers over the surgical sites, trying to determine the source of the pain. After another few moments of examination, he retracted his hands and abruptly moved away. “By the Light… what is that smell?”

He cautiously lowered his head to sniff one of the surgical wounds once again and he wrinkled his brow. “It smells of decay…”

Seferia
    Keymaster

“Smells like decay?” Desiree repeated as she sat at the edge of the bed. “I don’t know what you’re talking about, Rhyderi. I can assure you that Kalysto is not decaying.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

“Yes he is… come down here and sniff that.” Rhyderi pointed to one of the higher surgical wounds near Kalysto’s groin-area. “Something is wrong with him on the inside. It smells like death and decay.”

Kalysto groaned. “It’s probably nothing, stop worrying about it… it wouldn’t even be there if that idiot hadn’t tied me down and drilled holes in my leg!”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Desiree wrinkled her brow with concern and confusion before she locked her gaze onto Kalysto. “I thought you were asleep… Do you know what sort of illness you have, Kalysto? Maybe if we knew what this was all about…”

Desiree bit onto her bottom lip as her voice trailed off. She was more than concerned about all that had been occurring.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

“Illness..?” Kalysto growled. “Did I not explain what happened in the hospital? That idiot doctor tied me down and took bone marrow because I have the Scourge virus resident and dormant in my body… don’t you remember how I told you about that? I nearly died from it when I was a kid.” He kicked his leg at Rhyderi, shoving him away. “Then my own brother abandoned me because he thought I wouldn’t survive.”

Rhyderi lowered his ears, looking quite sad. “I was just…” He quickly shook his head, scowling. “Focus on what is going on right at this very moment, Kalysto. If you’re still infected with the Scourge virus, we need to quarantine you before you infect your own family and then the neighbourhood. We don’t want that, do we?”

Seferia
    Keymaster

“The scourge virus… But I thought that Zulmire cured it,” Desiree muttered before she realized what Rhyderi was saying. “What? Come on, Rhyderi. If he’s been infected this entire time, then it would have spread by now if it was going to spread at all. I’ve been with Kalysto sharing bodily fluids with him for years. You know that!”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Rhyderi gritted his teeth in disgust as he heard Desiree’s commentary. “Th…. thanks for that… charming mental picture…” He shook his head. “That troll didn’t cure anything – how can anyone cure the Scourge virus? You don’t cure it, you quarantine the infected and burn the bodies to stop the spread. I honestly don’t know how he hasn’t infected anyone or why he hasn’t turned, but he still has it.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

“But he’s been this way for most of his life, Rhyderi,” Desiree attempted to reason. “If he was going to turn, he would have done so by now. Anyway, he’s immortal now, so I doubt that’s going to happen. And he’s clearly not contagious.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Rhyderi released a sad sigh and took a seat on the edge of the bed. “Do you really want to risk your family on a hunch? How do you know it’s not contagious? Can you be 100% sure of it? I’d suggest finding that Troll and asking him what to do. He did something before, he’d probably know what to do again, right?”

“Shit…” Kalysto closed his eyes, groaning. “That’s actually a semi-decent idea… what’s wrong with you?”

Seferia
    Keymaster

“Or we can ask that doctor that looked over Kalysto,” Desiree mumbled. “I mean, if he was able to figure out what the virus is, he’d be able to come up with something, right? The technology from my world is much better than anything Zulmire can come up with.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

“I don’t want to go back to him!” Kalysto responded suddenly. “Don’t make me go back there, I don’t particularly want that creepy guy jamming things in my leg again…” He curled up on the bed, trying to make it clear that he didn’t want to move.

“OK so maybe the Troll can’t come up with anything to do,” Rhyderi sighed, “But he could be able to suggest something… right?”

Seferia
    Keymaster

“We’re not taking Kalysto anywhere,” Desiree confidently stated. “He’s had this thing for over a decade. He will be fine to just rest up and heal, Rhyderi. He’s not about to suddenly become some source of an outbreak.”

Viewing 25 posts - 651 through 675 (of 682 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.