Jenna and Sephiroth – Trouble comes in threes

Home Forums Kat + Seferia RolePlay Roleplay Forum Main RP Jenna and Sephiroth – Trouble comes in threes

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 1,570 total)
  • Author
    Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth continued to snarl. He snatched up his pants and put them on, scanning the ground feverishly. “Wrong about what? You turned me into a child and I didn’t even get to do the intended obstacle course…”

Seferia
    Keymaster

“You were right that it was a waste of time and a bad idea,” Jenna angrily admitted. She then moved in on Sephiroth’s location. “And yes, you didn’t get to do the obstacle course because you were clearly bent on destroying that hand of yours… It’s amazing you didn’t pass out in pain. There are pain receptors in that thing to tell you when it’s damaged.”

Jenna then glanced along the ground. “Hrmph.. if you had your ring on, wouldn’t you have noticed it before throwing a glove at me?”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

“If you wanted me to go through the obstacle course…” Sephiroth grumbled, “You could have told my younger self that you were one of the ShinRa Department heads and that I had a training exercise in there.”

He grumbled as he continued to scour the ground. “I had the ring on! It must have fallen out somewhere…”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna snorted before she grumbled out, “I would have thought that you’d know who the department heads were at that age. I also thought that you were sent to Wutai by the time you were fourteen. And I did ask you to leave an official-looking note to yourself to get you to do the thing…”

Jenna then frowned as she continued to look at the ground. After a bit, she tried casting a magnet-type spell to make the loose metal objects in a ten yard radius of them levitate three feet off the ground.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth frowned as his belt buckle reacted to the spell Jenna had cast. He looked around at the masses of floating nails and loose change, walking through the items, continuing his search. He soon found the ring and grabbed it, putting it back on.

“Make sure I remove this before you try spells like that again.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna grumbled out as Sephiroth put his ring back on, “I doubt I’ll ever try that sort of spell again. It’s clearly only a good way to turn you into a self-destructive fool.”

Snorting, Jenna removed her spell’s effect before she glanced back at the warehouse.

“Well… if you wanted to exercise… there’s still an obstacle course built.”

Meanwhile, on the other side of the island, Desiree was looking over various options on expanding her household. She knew that Kalysto wanted more space, but she also wanted it to be affordable.

Sighing, the young woman flipped through the paperwork for a contractor that was offering the build on a second level to their house for under a hundred thousand gil, figuring that they would be the best choice.

“Looks like we’ll need to stay at my parents for a few weeks.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Kalysto peered over Desiree’s work, grumbling. “A few weeks? Can’t get it done any sooner than that?” He wandered into his cramped alchemical room, sighing. “Yeah, OK. Though when we get the extension, let’s get me a laboratory that I can actually stand up in. Or make this part of the stairs and I can move all of my crap to a shed in the backyard.”

He grinned at her. “It’d be good to have more room. Maybe I’ll buy one of those piano things…”

Sephiroth glanced at the warehouse and stepped inside, grinning at Jenna before moving on to use some of the obstacle course. “Work out another way to turn me to Seres’s age later, I suppose…”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Desiree groaned at Kalysto’s new requests before she turned to glare at him. “From everything you want, we might as well have this entire house torn down so that we could rebuild… It’d only take probably a quarter million to do that.”

Jenna blinked at Sephiroth’s last statement before she grumbled out, “Why bother? The moment has passed and it’s not fun anymore. I’d much rather have a fully grown Sephiroth that isn’t a complete idiot.”

Jenna moved to lean against the wall, not really caring if Sephiroth used her simulated terrorist attack that she had designed in the warehouse or not. “So… who are you going to assign as Seres’ babysitter?”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Kalysto sighed. “OK OK, just do the house extension thing. Get them to build another level on this one. We can work out what to do from there. If you put my lab on the second floor though, people will complain about the green smoke when something explodes.”

Sephiroth landed rather neatly on the ground after leaping over a large storage barrel. He grinned at Jenna, then moved back over to her, purring as he stood at her side once again.

“I am considering either the pointy-earred redhead, or Genesis.” He began to tap his foot on the ground, thinking.

Seferia
    Keymaster

“I don’t intend on putting your lab anywhere else than the basement, where it already is Kalysto. You already have the whole damn basement, how much more room do you need for your lab? Perhaps you should just build an extension to your shop for a lab there as well…” Desiree grumbled as she looked over the plans. “We’re going to have the master bedroom moved to the upper level. It’ll be very spacious.”

“Genesis knows your teachings more, doesn’t he? He worked beside you during the Wutai war… That’s honestly all I know about him. I wasn’t around on your planet from the time you were thirteen or fourteen up until… well, basically when we ‘officially’ met,” Jenna plainly stated. She tilted her head to momentarily look over Sephiroth, curious as to why he bothered leaping over a barrel that was only on the ground by chance.

Seferia
    Keymaster

“I don’t intend on putting your lab anywhere else than the basement, where it already is Kalysto. You already have the whole damn basement, how much more room do you need for your lab? Perhaps you should just build an extension to your shop for a lab there as well…” Desiree grumbled as she looked over the plans. “We’re going to have the master bedroom moved to the upper level. It’ll be very spacious.”

“Genesis knows your teachings more, doesn’t he? He worked beside you during the Wutai war… That’s honestly all I know about him. I wasn’t around on your planet from the time you were thirteen or fourteen up until… well, basically when we ‘officially’ met,” Jenna plainly stated. She tilted her head to momentarily look over Sephiroth, curious as to why he bothered leaping over a barrel that was only on the ground by chance.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

“Genesis knows my teachings well, but he can also be irrational and hard to work with. The other one is more open to change and suggestion. I would rather Desiree grows and becomes her own person, rather than the shadow of somebody else…”

Sephiroth sighed and shook his head. “Those are my best two choices. I’d take her myself but everyone would object.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

“Don’t worry so much about what everyone says about you, Seph,” Jenna admonished him. “If you think that you are the best choice of person to teach her, then do it. Even if Seres complains, she’d complain about being supervised by any of your choices. So, you shouldn’t even take that as a reason to not do it.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

“I still think I will give her a tutor, or a higher-up to take care of her.” Sephiroth nodded, more to himself than anything. “I don’t care if she complains or not, she’s going to get one to protect her from harm.” He was irritated now.

“I don’t want to move to your parent’s house while renovations go on.” Kalysto grumbled. “I want a lab in the backyard over having it in the house… I don’t want to make anything explode.” He chuckled. “The bigger bedroom would be good though!”

Seferia
    Keymaster

“Seph, no matter what you do in this situation, if you give her a personal caretaker, you’ll be accused of favoritism. She isn’t a cadet anymore. Last I checked, she was a petty officer or something like that… Anyway, you might as well do it yourself if you’re going to treat her differently than you’d treat any other member of your troops,” Jenna suggested.

“We can’t stay in here while they are adding on to the house, Kalysto,” Desiree attempted to reason. “And I thought you already moved past that statement. You seemed fine with it a few minutes ago…”

Shaking her head, Desiree then grumbled. “We barely have enough room in the back yard for your garden as is. You want a larger garden, but you also want to build a laboratory in the back yard?? You can’t have both, Kalysto.”

“No, for now, we’ll just add the second story and stay at my parents’ house while the construction is occurring.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

“She got shot, Jenna.” Sephiroth was scowling at her again. “We can’t have something like this happening again. We need to assign somebody to her so this won’t happen again. I was given somebody to be my friend – I don’t see why we can’t do the same to her.”

“It’s not favouritism,” He snorted. “It’s practical.”

Kalysto grumbled and rolled his eyes, sighing. “I want something. We need somewhere where I can do my experiments without fear of blowing the house up.” He stood up and peered out the window. “Extend the property? Buy the house next door?”

Seferia
    Keymaster

“Yes, I get the idea that you are concerned over the fact that she was shot, Seph. However, the truth remains that you’re singling her out by deciding to pair her with someone. Any other soldier would be told to heal up and not do it again. So, you might as well partner her with yourself, because, no matter what, they’ll say you’re showing favoritism,” Jenna attempted to explain.

As she finished speaking, she moved up to Sephiroth so that she could scratch the side of his head.

“We’re not buying our neighbor’s house, Kalyto. For now, just be glad that we’re going to add on as much as we are. Now, you already have your laboratory here in the basement,” Desiree scolded. “You also have one in your shop. So, enjoy what you have.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth made an annoyed sigh at Jenna’s comment, though he didn’t do much more as his head was being scratched. He made soft purring sounds and closed his eyes, the irritated scowl remaining on his face.

“You don’t understand…” He spoke in a low quiet tired voice. “Don’t want to lose her to something easily preventable… I also had somebody to watch my back… should give her the same…”

“You want to keep the lab in the basement?” Kalysto sighed. “Alright… but don’t blame me when it all blows up!”

Seferia
    Keymaster

“Seph, I’m not fighting against your desire to give her a partner. I’m just telling you that no matter what, you’re going to be pointed out for favoritism. So, you might as well do it to the 9th degree, hm,” Jenna repeated. “Why pick a sub-par partner if the rumors will be the same no matter what?”

“I shall blame you when it all blows up, Kalysto,” Deisree scolded with a frown toward her husband. “You have done a good job of not blowing it up so far. So, I would dare say that you know what ou’re doing.”

With that, she looked over the paperwork again before she reached for the phone. “You might as well start packing…”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

“What do you mean sub-par…?” Sephiroth’s eyes opened again and he scowled. “Genesis and the elf are equally as good choices as each other. They are of higher rank than her… obviously not as high of a rank as me. Because you cannot get higher than my rank. Don’t be silly.”

He shook his head. “No, I am going to have to say that my choices for her partner are perfectly fine… it would do her some good to have a companion.”

“Packing?” Kalysto flicked an ear. “But.. we’re leaving today? Tomorrow? So soon?” He sighed. “Alright, but only because it was you who gave the order. Anyone else, and… heh.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

“I meant, if you think that you’d be the best canidate of a partner for her, as you’ve already stated, then anyone else would be sub-par,” Jenna groaned out, tired of repeating her stand-point. Sometimes, Sephiroth could be the most dense thing alive.

“Just choose wisely and don’t let silly politics hold you back.”

“I’m going to authorize them for the work today, Kalysto. So, we should move out within the end of the week,” Desiree explained. “Pack up everything that you think is valuable. We don’t want any greasy fingers taking our stuff. Then again… we should have someone watch them as they work.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth grunted. “I already told you why we couldn’t pick me..” He shook his head and shrugged. “I will choose wisely, you can be assured of that.”

Kalysto raised an eyebrow at Desiree’s comments, then nodded. “If there’s anything truly valuable that you want to store somewhere, the back-room of my shop has a lock box, and then for the bigger stuff, we can just lock it in that room, period.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna groaned once more before she rolled her eyes at Sephiroth. Soon after, she moved in to flick his bangs in a half-hearted attempt to mess up his hairdo.

“And I just told you several times that your current plan is singling her out, whether or not you are the one assigned to her. You might as well not bother fighting the rumors that already exist and will always exist. It’s foolishness.”

“Hrmph, you own more expensive things than I do,” Desiree attempted to remind her husband. “Just use whatever little common sense you have, Kalysto, and hide away any items that you don’t want to risk having stolen.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth sighed once again, allowing Jenna to flick his hair around as she pleased. “Ah, don’t worry yourself. I will take care of things as necessary.” He nodded his head, seeming determined of the fact.

“In the end, it doesn’t matter what people think. Seres needs to be safe. She could also do with a comrade.” He snorted at his own words. “Well… I do not know what you would call it.”

“Ok, I will have to do that. Though, we don’t really have much of value, and I am not a great collector of things, to be honest.” Kalysto frowned.

Seferia
    Keymaster

“I believe the word you’re searching for is partner,” Jenna suggested. She then nudged Sephiroth’s shoulder. “Now… are you going to take advantage of this simulation, or do you want to torment some unsuspecting recruits?”

“Heh, well, yes, I suppose. Our demons would steal and hoard away anything shiny even if we did get expensive items,” Desiree chuckled. “Well, no matter, get to work, Kalysto!”

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 1,570 total)
  • The topic ‘Jenna and Sephiroth – Trouble comes in threes’ is closed to new replies.