Jenna and Sephiroth – Trouble comes in threes

Home Forums Kat + Seferia RolePlay Roleplay Forum Main RP Jenna and Sephiroth – Trouble comes in threes

Viewing 25 posts - 351 through 375 (of 1,570 total)
  • Author
    Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Rhyderi nodded his head slightly, then carefully shut the door behind him. “Well I do appreciate that. Thank you for the offer. I shall have to take you up on it.” The Paladin eyed off his armor lying in the grass outside, then at the sky. It wasn’t about to rain any time soon so he didn’t have to worry about his things getting wet.

Once that was in order in his mind, he slipped into the kitchen and took a seat at the table away from Sephiroth. The larger imposing male seemed very angry and he didn’t want to make it worse.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seres simply brushed herself off before she walked off to the kitchen sink so that she could wash off. Once she felt appropriately clean, she grabbed some food then sat down in her normal chair at the kitchen table. She didn’t bother to pay attention to either Sephiroth nor Rhyderi.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Rhyderi sat at the table and ate in silence. He felt awkward and unwelcome but did not comment as he munched through his portion of food. Once done, he quietly rose to his feet and placed his plate into the sink for washing. He slipped back outside and sat on the grass, then began to examine the damage on his armor.

“Probably need to replace the entire thing soon…” He frowned as he poked at a worn leather strap.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Once Seres was done eating, she set her dishes to the side before she moved off into her room. She didn’t even bother to say a word to her father, for he had royally pissed her off as of late. As she entered her room, she walked over to grab a book so that she could read for the rest of the evening.

Meanwhile, Jenna did her best to insure that the younger children actually ate food. She groaned as Kether made a mess, but didnt’ pick on him over it due to his lack of abilities.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth just sat there after his food was eaten, ensuring his younger offspring got their fill. Once he was done, he set his plate in the sink and slid out of his chair, walking off to his room to do some reading of his own.

Rhyderi sat there, feeling rather awkward. He stood at the back door near his armor and watched the goings-on inside. After Sephiroth and Seres had left, he felt even more awkward, not really sure what to do. He slipped inside once again, his attention turning to the maid.

“Do you need help clearing things away?” He picked up plates and began to rinse them, packing them into the dishwasher.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Kalanehi looked up at Rhyderi as he approached her. After a moment, she gave him a big grin before she pointed to the table.

“Certainly dear. Just take a wet towel and go ahead to wipe that down. I’d appreciate it,” the woman cheerfully responded.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Rhyderi slowly nodded. He picked up the damp cloth as instructed and began to wipe the kitchen table down, stepping around Seres’s younger siblings as he did so. When the bench was all clean to his satisfaction, he looked around for something else to do.

“Er…” He said suddenly, “I should probably go home soon….”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Kalanehi turned her head to watch Rhyderi from time to time, appreciating the work that he was doing. While it wasn’t fully to her standards, she appreciated the help. When Rhyderi mentioned going home, she nodded.

“Yea, best not stay your welcome. You are a very kind and polite man. Thank you for the help.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Rhyderi bowed his head graciously, then slipped back outside for a moment to gather up his clankering pile of armor. “It’s common courtesy, ma’am,” He grinned. “Nothing more. Take care. Give my regards to my charge.”

He slipped out the front door after that, feeling happier and less akward.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seres managed to recover from her erratic moods for the most part within the next few weeks. However, Sephiroth would still have a hand full with her, for she was a growing teenage girl with emotions. As she recovered, she spent most of her time abusing the fact that Rhyderi didn’t really have a proper position to make him spar with her. Thus, she became adjusted to the idea of him being around.

Meanwhile, Jenna continued on with her pregnancy. By the end of the month, she’d regularly check her weight and grumble about the fact that she had to gain weight at all while pregnant. However, she wasn’t yet showing.

In another part of the household, Desiree spent most of her time yelling at contractors to insure that they got the renovations on their home done. She wanted to move back home as soon as possible. She was so focused on keeping an eye on the contractors that sh didn’t realize that she had missed a month.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Kalysto spent a lot of his time puttering away at the small alchemist’s set he had set out on the drawing table in the guest bedroom. He mostly made harmless things with no exploding properties, and when he wasn’t doing that, he was either at work, or in the corner of the room, writing down recipes that inspired him. He had sensitive hearing and disliked Desiree’s yelling, but didn’t say much about it lest it be directed at him instead.

Currently, he was occupying himself by waving blue and golden leaves over Orpheus’s head, slowly pronouncing the plant-species names to teach them to him. If the youngster was to follow in his footsteps and learn his trades, the elf decided that now was a good of a time as any.

“Goldleaf.” He said slowly as he dropped the golden speckled leaf onto the boy’s head. The blue one was dropped ontop of the golden one. “Bluewort.” He grinned. “Do you understand?”

Rhyderi sat on the grass of Sephiroth’s front lawn, his shining elven sword in his lap, a bottle of oil and a disgusting old polishing rag in the other. He prepared it for another round of being thrashed around, glancing around as he looked to see where Seres had gotten off to.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Orpheus giggled as the leaves were placed on his head, finding them quite entertaining. So, he reached up to grab onto one of the leaves before he poked at it.

“Goldleaf! It… not so gold though, Daddy. Why it not gold?” the boy inquired.

Meanwhile, Desiree slammed the phone down before she plopped down next to Kalysto. After releasing a tired sigh, she attempted to lean against her husband. “They’re saying another week.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

“It’s not gold because that’s the bluewort.” He pointed at the leaf. “See, blue.” He blinked at it. “Actually… that’s more of a goldleaf that’s gone sick, huh.” Kalysto shook his head. His attention turned to Desiree when she slammed the phone down, wincing slightly at the sound as it echoed off the walls.

“Another week…? Yuck. Make them go faster?”

Seferia
    Keymaster

“I can’t,” Desiree moaned. “You heard me just now. I was trying to get them to go faster. They have to wait for materials to come in. So a week it is… Damn… all this stress is making my staomch churn!”

Meanwhile, Orpheus kept on staring at the leaf before he whined. “It’s sick? Make it better, Daddy. It needs to get better!”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

“I can’t make the leaf get better, Orphy. It’s not sick though… it’s just drying out. Sometimes that just happens to herb leaves. They just dry up die when they’ve been plucked off the plant.” Kalysto reached for his jar of Goldleaf, plucking out another rounded perfectly healthy leaf to hand to the youngster.

“Just get a new one.” He tried to take the mottled one away. “You can turn this one into tincture for wounds, though.”

He flicked an ear, sighing at Desiree. “So it’s going to be another week. Just lie down and take it easy. Do you want me to make you some tea?”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Orpheus continued to whine, not liking the fact that the leaf couldn’t be saved. However, he calmed down a bit as he was handed the new leaf. Still, his eyes flicked over to the “sickly” one.

Meanwhile, Desiree gave Kalysto a thankful grin before she nodded. “Yes, that would be just perfect. Thank you so much, Kalysto.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Kalysto raised a brow, sighing. He had picked up on the fact that Orpheus seemed sad, and he glanced down at the leaf. “Don’t worry, Orphy,” He said quickly, attempting to cheer the youngster up. “It doesn’t hurt the plant to lose it’s leaves and it always grows more. Heck, sometimes the plants even deliberately lose their leaves. We’ll have to go looking at them when fall comes around, hmm?”

He flicked the mottled leaf into one of the mortars he had nearby.

“So you do want tea?” He asked Desiree, nodding. “Coming right up.” He plucked more Goldleaves from the jar, also adding some lemon-grass and rose-hips that he had clipped from the garden earlier in the day. He picked up the clean pestle that went with the mortar, crushing the plant-matter into a mushy substance until it was a smooth paste.

The elf rose to his feet and headed for the door. “Give me five.” He said before slipping out of the room altogether.

Seferia
    Keymaster

“Just don’t mess with my father’s maid again,” Desiree called out after her husband. “You know how she hates you messing around with the kitchen utensils!”

Sighing, the young woman leaned back onto her bed before she grinned down at Orpheus. “Your father is right, Zephyros. Leaves are fine like that. Sometimes, they’re a bit better when dried out. Then you can stick them in your father’s hair to cover up his scents.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Kalysto chuckled as he went down the stairs. *”I’m not going to mess up her stuff. If she wants to be crabby about certain stuff, that’s up to her. Not me…”*

Within the next five minutes, he had brewed a fresh pot of tea from the crushed ingredients. He carried the pot back upstairs along with some cups, stepping back into the room.

“Here you go.” He said as he stepped over to Desiree, offering her one of the cups so he could pour her some of the herbal tea. “It’s going to taste like roses and lemon, mostly.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Desiree gave Kalysto a thankful smile as she took the steaming mug of tea. As she gently blow on it, she chucked at Kalysto’s words.

“That is perfectly fine, my dark lord. Anything from you is perfection as far as I’m concerned,” the hybrid complimented before taking a slow sip of the tea. She closed her eyes in content as she savored the taste of the tea. “Yes, it is perfectly fine.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

“I should have added mint to calm your nerves.” He took his seat at the small table once again and uncapped the lid of the potion he had been working on. He sniffed the bottle, wincing.

“I need to work on something new for the shop,” He grumbled. “Business is getting boring. People always want to buy the same things – energy tonics, sleeping potions, muscle relaxants, laxatives. It gets boring making the same stuff over and over again.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

“This is fine, Kalysto. I’m quite happy with what you made me,” Desiree assured the elf as she continued to sip on her tea. However, she didn’t become oblivious to her surroundings. She listened in to the grumblings of her husband before she hummed in thought.

“Well… I suppose you could try for military applications. That’s bound to be a different type of clientele.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

“Military Applications…” Kalysto sighed wearily. “They’ll just have me make things that explode or kill people. It’s always the same thing with wars, Desiree… all they ever do is invent more efficient ways of murdering themselves or each other.”

“I want to make something amazing…” He grumbled. “But I don’t know what…”

Seferia
    Keymaster

“Sell the the transgender society?” Desiree suggested with a shrug. “You already turned yourself into a female once, so you know that potion works..”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Kalysto made a discontent sound as Desiree made the suggestion. He glanced off to one side, pondering it before shaking his head in disagreement of the idea. “Mrrgh, no…” He said slowly. “As soon as people can change their gender, it’s going to get into a whole bunch of legal issues.”

“Think of it this way… you could rob a bank, switch back, not get caught.” Kalysto was heavily frowning now. “For a night out, it would be fun. But it’s easily abused.”

Viewing 25 posts - 351 through 375 (of 1,570 total)
  • The topic ‘Jenna and Sephiroth – Trouble comes in threes’ is closed to new replies.