Jenna and Sephiroth: Tamed Demon Lord

Home Forums Kat + Seferia RolePlay Roleplay Forum Main RP Jenna and Sephiroth: Tamed Demon Lord

Viewing 25 posts - 701 through 725 (of 1,181 total)
  • Author
    Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

“There were three, initially,” Edgeworth frowned heavily, “One passed away. It was captured and brought back on the ship. However, once in the care of the army, it refused to eat anything and it died.”

“The dragon case is the only outstanding one.” He shuffled through some papers. “There was an incident some time ago, but it is a non-issue to us now. One of the restaurant owners is suing your father for initiating a fight in his premises, but they are settling out of court.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

“Petty issues from a petty species,” a cold, emotionless voice broke out from Edgeworth’s doorway. Standing there was Seferia in her human form. She was dressed in a sharp, dark grey buisness suit and her eyes were covered by dark glasses. Still, she glared at the man in the office.

“So, you are the fool who thinks that he can charge a species that never agreed by the rules of yours.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Edgeworth glared at the sound in the doorway. He took note of the female and glared at her, shaking his head. “I thought you were smarter. It simply does not do to discuss a case in the casual realm before it goes to trial, especially not against your own opposition.”

He folded his arms, drumming a finger against his shoulder. “What exists and what is the law are one and the same. We shall see what occurs when this trial proceeds.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia stepped into Edgeworth’s office, glaring at the man the entire time. She also ignored the fact that the tiles creaked under her weight with each step that she took. Instead, she simply released a haughty snort.

“I had hoped that your underdeveloped mind would come to the conclusion that it would be best to drop this case. Your species has already murdered one of them with maltreatment. However, I see that you have no sensibility.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Edgeworth rose to his feet, pointing at the doorway. “What did I just tell you? Do not discuss a case before it goes to trial, especially not against your own opposition. You can jeopardize your own defense. And be careful… you may also be accused of showing bias if things keep up the way they are.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Seferia’s mouth very subtly twisted into a frown before she removed her sunglasses to glare at Edgeworth with her bright yellow, slit-pupil eyes.

“Very well, boy. I shall crush you as you wish,” the dragon in disguise’s voice remained emotionless even though her eyes were glaring at him. After she spoke, she turned around to leave the office.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Edgeworth waited until Seferia was out of his office. He quietly shut his door, making the lock click down as he closed it. “That was something I could have done without,” He frowned as he jiggled the door-knob to ensure that it was secure. “That could have also turned ugly…”

He sighed as he sat at his desk once more. “I don’t need that kind of heckling this early into my career here.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Dimitri slowly moved closer to Edgeworth before he reached over to very gently rub the man’s shoulder. Overall, the boy could tell that Edgeworth was worked up a bit by what had just happened, so he wanted to give the man a bit of comfort.

“Yea, that seemed kinda silly… Umm… Will I be helping you with this case?”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Edgeworth seemed to be ignoring Dimitri’s contact for the time being. He remained stiff and firm in his expression, refusing to let anything get to him.

“If you want to gather evidence, you may. As a matter of fact, it may be wise to visit your father and ask for the entire outline of any and all official orders issued regarding those dragons. It is unfortunate that one of them died, but I very much doubt that it happened through our negligence.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Dimitri nodded at Edgeworth’s suggestions. However, he didn’t think that his father was in his office yet. To date, he’s noticed that his father liked sleeping in and coming in a bit later. So, the boy just continued to rub Edgeworth’s shoulder before he looked over at the cup of tea that the lawyer was drinking. He noticed by the smell that it was rather strong.

“Miles, are you feeling alright today? Your tea seems to be a different brand than usual… And you seem to be acting.. different..”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Miles shrugged and shook his head. “I’m fine. I just have a lot to get through today. A lot of work, and I am not looking forward to some of the unfavorable questions I will receive from the new folk moving into the town over the next week.”

He sighed. “I am arranging their move here, yet I am in no position of power and they are likely to tell me how they want things done from now on.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Dimitri frowned with sympathy as he heard the complaints of his friend. Shaking his head, he pat the man’s shoulder before he moved over to take another stack of papers to go through.

“You’ll be fine, Miles. You’re smart and don’t loose your temper. I think you can handle anything. And what sort of unfavorable questions?”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

“I don’t really know. Things like, why did they place a mere Prosecuting Attorney in charge of the Police and Detective Squad operations?” He shrugged. “Questions about corruption also, no doubt. It is hard to understand if you have never been involved in it before.”

He stiffened his posture in the chair. “They also called me the Demon Prosecutor.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

“I never quite understood that one,” Dimitri muttered as Edgeworth mentioned the nickname that he had received. “You don’t look like a demon at all. Nor do you act like one. It seems rather silly to me.”

The boy then frowned as he picked up one of the envelopes from the pile of mail that he was sorting. He managed to catch the sound of powder shuffling about inside the letter before he frowned in concern.

“Umm… Miles, what should I do with this? I think there’s something in it that’s not paper..”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

“It was a title, nothing more. I prosecuted the guilty. That was all that mattered.”

Edgeworth raised his head as he heard the sound of powder sifting around inside the envelope that Dimitri was holding. His eyes widened slightly in surprise and he reached forward, batting the mail out of his hands with haste.

He rose to his feet and quickly headed for the door, grabbing Dimtri’s arm. “We need to get out of here right away.” He moved down the hallway, heading for Sephiroth’s office.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Dimitri yelped in surprise as the letter was batted out of his hand. His eyes widened even more as Edgeworth grabbed onto his arm and began to drag him out of the office. Thus, the teenager spilled all the mail that he had been sorting onto the floor as he stumbled due to being tugged along.

“We need to get out of here?” Dimitri said in shock. “Why? What’s wrong? What did I do?”

Meanwhile, Jenna was just barely reaching her desk. She had slept in with Sephiroth and felt no reason to rush in getting started with her work.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Edgeworth approached Jenna, moving to stand in her doorway, blocking the way. “We need to fumigate half of this building immediately.” His voice was urgent and flustered. “I also need to take my protégé here to the emergency room. He was closest…”

He frowned. “Please check your mail. There was a suspicious letter in my mail and I am not taking any chances.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna stopped before she turned to stare at the lawyer. She had barely gotten in to work, so she wasn’t quite awake enough to want to deal with such matters. However, she noticed that the man was indeed distressed. So, she groaned before she grumbled in her native tongue.

~Seph, that lawyer that Dimitri likes is out here. He’s saying something about needed an evacuation. I don’t quite understand. You deal with it!~

Dimitri whined as he heard that he had to go to the emergency room. So, he pinned his wings in close to him before he looked up at Edgeworth.

“What? Why do I have to go to the emergency room..”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Edgeworth glared down at Dimitri, grabbing his wrists. Then he looked back at Jenna. “Antibacterial handwash. Do you have it?” He looked around the office, flicking Dimitri’s hands away. “Stay there and don’t touch anything!” He headed for the nearest sink and grabbed up anti-bacterial soap. Same thing.

After thrusting it into Dimitri’s hands, he pointed to a chair. “You. Sit.” He frowned. “There. And use that soap.”

Sephiroth had peered his head out the door, scowling at the noise. “Evacuation?” He snorted at the sight of Edgeworth and Dimitri. “What happened?”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Dimitri released a soft whine, for he still didn’t understand what was going on. All he really knew is that Edgeworth was being very demanding at the moment and not explaining anything. As he was handed the soap, he stared down at it before he stared up at Edgeworth again.

“What’s going on, Miles?” the boy complained. “Why do I have to wash up? Why are you saying that I have to go to an emergency room?”

Jenna narrowed her eyes at the scene before her, still not fully certain what was going on herself. She was most certainly not awake enough to want to deal with this nonsense. So, when she saw Sephiroth peak out of his office, she moved over to yank him forward before she shoved him over to Edgeworth.

“You deal with this!”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth hissed as he was yanked over, glaring at Edgeworth and Dimitri. He didn’t want to shake off the situation as things sounded genuine. However, he didn’t want to cause undue drama either.

“What is going on?” Edgeworth hissed with more firmness in his voice than before. “I have reason to believe that there has been an attempt on our lives. The mail must be sorted with extreme care and backtraced. Dimitri has found an enevelope with white powder in it. Anthrax bioterrorism was a common statement around the world since the early 1990s, and had been used before then…”

He glared at Dimitri. “I am taking no chances. He needs decontamination, as does this entire building if infected. Do not touch your mail.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Dimitri stared up at Edgeworth as he spoke before he slowly shook his head.

“Umm… I never opened the letter, Miles.. I don’t know what color that powder is. I just heard noise in the letter,” the boy complained. Still, he figured that Edgeworth knew what he was talking about. So, he just scrubbed his hands.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

“As I said, I am taking no chances. My room must be fumigated at once.” He pushed Dimitri out the door, glaring back at Jenna and Sephiroth. “Don’t open your mail. Send your mailbag to the chemical labs immediately.”

He dragged Dimitri off towards his car awaiting outside.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna crossed her arms as she listened to the lawyer before she glanced at Sephiroth in order to judge his reaction. After a moment, she mumbled out, “He sounds rather genuine. We should probably go ahead and take the proper steps.”

Meanwhile, Dimitri released another yipe as he was dragged away toward the car. After stumbling for the first few steps, he began to walk along side Edgeworth in a proper manner.

“Miles, is it really that serious?”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Edgeworth just nodded his head at Dimitri, dragging him out to the car. He opened the car door for him, practically shoving him onto the passenger seat. “Sit.” It was an order. He didn’t even bother putting Dimitri’s seat belt on and hastily made his way to the driver’s side, making the car object at how hard it was started.

He sped off towards the hospital.

Sephiroth glanced around the office. He shrugged, deciding to take Edgeworth’s comment seriously. However, he didn’t panic. Instead he just turned his head down towards the mailbox, scanning it.

“Go call the appropriate department to deal with the other one’s room… put this building on lockdown. Nobody else is to leave until all the mail is sorted and dealt with.”

Viewing 25 posts - 701 through 725 (of 1,181 total)
  • The topic ‘Jenna and Sephiroth: Tamed Demon Lord’ is closed to new replies.