How to Raise Two Loud Boys: Growing and Irritation.

Home Forums Kat + Seferia RolePlay Roleplay Forum Jennah’s children How to Raise Two Loud Boys: Growing and Irritation.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 777 total)
  • Author
    Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

About two to three years have passed since Ramiel’s arrival into Jennah and Sephiroth’s lives, and the boy has grown from a small whimpering sickly child into a healthy strong boy. He is five years old and fast approaching his sixth birthday, and is becoming increasingly more curious about the outside world as he grows. Although he is not allowed outside just yet on his own, he is often naggy about going out there.

Meanwhile, Sephiroth is approximately 14 years of age, and has entered into his puberty/growth spurt stage of maturity. He is often erratic, strong of emotions, and has random mood swings that change quickly. He is also sometimes overly sensitive and easily loses his temper. However, he is rapidly growing and fast maturing into a strong young-adult, and takes much more of an interest in following Jennah on hunts, wanting to learn her techniques and methods.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jennah has been more than happy that none of her enemies have choosen to leave her be for the last few years, because she had more than enough troulbe to deal with. Inbetween regularly changing sheets of the young Ramiel, educating him on how to actually aim for the toilet, and dealing with the constant curiousity of youths his age, let alone Seph’s developing issues, she had barely had enough time to actually think. In fact, the last few years felt like a blur each time she tried to reminence on how far she’s gotten. To tell the truth, she could barely remember a time period when she had to hop back and forth between the island and human cities so often. Well, aside from times when she just wanted nothing more to do with Halcyon, but she certainly didn’t go back and forth between her “home” and human civilization at those times. However, with both boys growing at rapid paces, she found herself getting new clothes for them quite often. Luckily, Ramiel’s growth had settled down for a bit by now, so she just had to watch Sephiroth for the next time he became too tall for his current pants.

Within the last two years, Jennah had hired a home teacher to school Ramiel, having choosen another from the group of mystical creatures that provided such “underground” services to those who didn’t want to mingle with human civilization. So, at least that much made her day silent for a short bit, for she didn’t need to watch over the boys while they had their lessons. Rather, she had to pick up their messes before she found herself hurt. For, it was not favorable for her to be incapable of battling because she tripped over a hastily deposited shoe or pant. In fact, that would be the most embarrassing reason for defeat that she could conceive. At times, she contemplated just building a machine to do the job for her, but she never actually put such thoughts into action.

As for Sephiroth’s attempts to tag along while she was hunting, she nearly always knew that he was present. However, she doubted that he got many good lessons by watching her. Since she preferred to hunt in the draconic hybrid form of hers, most of her techniques involved spotting a suitable prey from a distance, taking to the air, spooping in on that target, then biting down on the back of the neck to snap it with her powerful jaws in that form. There were times when she rammed the creature or bit down on the jugular, but she hardly ever used weapons or anything that would be of use to a human on the hunt. Despite these facts, she’d still be willing to share her kill with her Sephiroth if he were nearby and watching her.

Jennah: *is currently sitting on her bed, enjoying the lull and peace that is in her quarters while the boys are in one of the upper level, having their classes. In her left hand, she holds one of her magic books. Meanwhile, her right hand is idly stroking Cairo’s back. She glances over at one of the clocks in the room then sighs* Any minute now… How quickly these moments pass. *grins and shakes her head*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

*within the next ten minutes, the sounds of feet thundering down stairs can be heard, followed by higher-pitched loud pained yelling, and then crying. Somewhere behind this noise is a deeper voice of amused laughter, and then a mockery ‘tch’ing noise. Ramiel is the first to make it to the bottom level. He covers his sides and yells, retreating into his room, slamming the door shut, then bursts into a storm of tears*

Sephiroth: *casually walks to the bottom of the stairs, laughing as he reaches the bottom. He slowly shakes his head, then stops outside of Ramiel’s door* Well you were the one who asked to know what a ‘pinch’ was. Don’t blame me for having to educate you.

Ramiel: *opens his door, glaring hard up at Sephy, teary-eyed* You didn’t have to pinch my sides, you idiot! *gives him a sharp shove, then hurls a book at his face that was nearby the door, furious right now*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jennah: *turns her attention to the streak of a boy who runs past her bed then groans and rolls her eyes. When Seph comes in, she sighs and crosses her arms, patiently listening in to see what exactly is going on this time around. After another moment of eavesdropping, she places her right hand against her temple and massages it for a moment* I swear… you two are driven to make me look my age.. *glances at Ramiel* Settle down, boy. It’s not like Seph was trying to punch you. *looks at Seph* And you, leave him alone for a bit. Let him settle down. You should know better by now. *Snorts then glances at Cairo* Anyway, you need to cleanse out her food bowl and take care of her litter box, Seph.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *grins over at Jennah, allowing the book to harmlessly sail past his head* Leave him alone? OK. *shoves Ramiel into the room, then shuts the door* Cairo’s fine, mother. *moves over to the cat, then picks her up, patting her soft coat of fur* I already cleaned out her food bowl yesterday.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jennah: *Crosses her arms, giving Seph a stern look* You heard me, Seph. Take care of your cat’s needs, now. *slides off her bed and frowns at Ramiel’s room* ~You can open the door if you want to, little one. I can see quite clearly how much a pain Seph is being, again.~ *turns her attention to Seph and taps her right foot*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Ramiel: *opens his door, then whimpers as he sits on the floor, rubbing at his pinched arms and belly* Not my fault I didn’t know what it was…. *looks up at Jennah, then pulls up his shirt, revealing several large red marks, most of them from pinching*

Sephiroth: Alright, mother. *grunts* You’re so grumpy today… sheesh. *moves out of the area to pick up Cairo’s litter tray, carrying it up the stairs and out of the base to dispose of it properly*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: *firmly speaks to Seph* I heard that! *snorts then walks over to Ramiel and sighs* He clearly went overboard.. I’ll talk to him about rough-playing when he gets back. *gently pats Ramiel’s head* Still, I think you’ll survive. *deeply frowns* It’s almost time for both of you to have your “medicine” too..

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Ramiel: *whimpers in objection* I don’t like the medicine… *frowns at his belly* He wanted to show me what a Chinese Burn, and a wet willy was, but I said no. *rubs the red area, then lowers his head, looking like he is about to begin crying again*

Sephiroth: *casually flicks the entire contents of the cat litter box out into the wilderness, then walks back into the base, heading back down to the bottom level, walking into the bathroom so he can set the box down and refill it with fresh cat litter. After that task is over, he washes his hands, grinning at himself*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jennah: *Sighs at Ramiel* I know you both hate your medicine, but you know that it’s much worse if I don’t give it to you.. *frowns at his next set of words* I think you made a good decicion, Ramiel. *sends him a telepathic impression of what a Chinese Burn and wet willy are then stands up as she spots Seph* Thank you, Seph. It semlls much better now. *frowns* However, next time you want to rough-play with Ramiel, please try to remember your own strength. Now, it’s time for both of you to have your medicine.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *glances back at Jenna, then shrugs, grinning* Hey, relax. He can take it. I could when I was that small. **moves across the area to Ramiel, then hugs onto him, rubbing the top of his head* Hey, cheer up, little brother. I’m only playing around.

Ramiel: *initially sulks as Sephiroth hugs him, but leans against him once he works out that the affections seem genuine enough*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jennah: *sighs at Seph* I am relaxed. *nods in approval as she watches Sephiroth treat Ramiel with what she determines to be affection* That still doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t be aware of your stregnth, Seph. I highly doubt Hojo was as strong as you are now. *moves back over to her bed and picks up the book that she had left behind when the boys had stormed into her quarters* Still, that does not mean that it isn’t time for your medicine. You should know that well enough, Seph.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Ramiel: *tenses up at the word ‘medicine’, but doesn’t say anything*

Sephiroth: *senses Ramiel’s fear, then glances at Jenna, giving her a cheesy grin* Oh yeah, that. *lightly nudges Ramiel’s shoulder, then mutters, nudging the smaller boy behind him* Okay.. RUN! *hauls Ramiel up onto his back, then flees up the stairs, Ramiel clinging onto his neck, piggyback style*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jennah: *groans and shakes her head as she watches the pair moving away* Well, at least they know how to get along when they want to.. *chooses not to chase after them, figuring that Seph knows responsibility. Instead, she sets the book onto a book case that is not far away from her bed. Then, she walks into the hot springs and begins to strip down*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *carries Ramiel all the way outside, then sets him down onto the ground, grinning as he figures that he has gotten away without either of them having to take their enhancement shots for now. He then hops up into a nearby tree, leaving Ramiel to fend for himself on the ground*

Ramiel: *whimpers and promptly climbs the tree as best as he can after Sephy, staying on the lower branches as he is afraid to go higher*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jennah: *soon settles down into the water and sighs with content. She leans against one of the larger rocks in the shallows as she allows herself some time to simply soak in the heated water. After a few minutes, she looks up at the ceiling and sighs* ~Seph, do you really want to go through the pain of a double, or even triple dose? You should know full well that if you don’t take that stuff willingly, that you’ll force me to slip it to you while you’re asleep, at best. At worst, I will use a manipulation spell on you two.~

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *”Relax, mother. We’ll do it, just not right now, OK?”* Okay, Ramiel, are you watching? Jump like this. Concentrate. Focus. Then use those sparky things in your head behind your ears that we talked about. Use the one here *taps his forehead* to move shit around. In this case, the moving shit around part is you.

Ramiel: *growls up at him* I am not shit! You take that back!

Sephiroth: *chuckles* I didn’t mean it like that…. *shakes his head* But watch and learn. *jumps out of the tree, then immediately holds onto himself with his own psychic abilities to acheive the levitational trick* You try it now. *casually drifts away*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jennah: ~Very well, Seph. I shall trust you.~ *sighs and ducks her head under the water for a bit as she relaxes* ~Do take care of Ramiel out there. If I find out that you left him behind or lead to him being injured, I’ll take it out of your hide. Understand?~

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *”He’ll be fine, mother. Relax. Nothing bad is going to happen to him. Besides, we’re miles away from any predators and there’s nothing harmful out here.”* *grins and idly drifts through the air, grabbing onto another tree branch some distance away* *”He’ll be fine.”*

Ramiel: *watches Sephy, then jumps out of the tree, falling eight feet to the ground, face first*

Sephiroth: *”Or… not…”*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jennah: *quickly emerges from the water as she receives Seph’s transmission of “Or… not…”. After coughing for a moment, she glares up toward the ceiling* ~Seph, what happened?~ *growls and climbs out of the water* This will have to wait ’til later… *she quickly walks over to the side of the room so that she could toss on a robe*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Ramiel: *doesn’t initially get up, quite scrambled by the fall. When he does get up, he props himself up on his hands, loudly whimpering. His nose is bleeding and his face is covered in dirt and bits of grass. He loudly whimpers in shock, then begins to cry, trying to dust off his hands and knees. He suddenly clutches at his arm and howls in pain*

Sephiroth: *frowns and promptly flies over to him, landing down in front of him* You were supposed to fly, you silly boy! Now we’re going to get into trouble! *tries to grab at his arm and look at it, causing the boy to cry louder* Don’t do that out here… you’ll give us away to the predators with your screaming…

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jennah: ~Seph?! What the fuck happened up there??~ *growls, deciding to go up there with just the robe on, as well as her ever-present gloves. She then storms out of the bathing room and begins to dash up the stairs. Soon enough, she exits the base and deeply frowns as she hears Ramiel’s crying. Hissing, she rushes over to the boy’s location*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *”I was trying to teach him how to fly! It was nothing bad, I swear!”* *he frowns as Jenna approaches, then moves aside, looking quite unhappy* I didn’t mean for him to do it…

Ramiel: *loudly whimpers as Jennah approaches him, then he looks up at her, raising his arms up despite the pain, wanting to cling onto her* It hurts…!! *begins crying all over again*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jennah: *Groans then looks over at Seph* You should know better than to try to push his abilities so soon. You weren’t able to levitate well until you were around nine, Seph. *kneels down next to Ramiel and gently picks him up so that she can examine him* How far did he fall?

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *glances up, then points to the branches that Ramiel had been climbing in* He was about that high… perhaps a bit higher. I don’t think he broke any bones. He doesn’t look that sad, just shaken up. *gives Jennah a weak grin* So uh… relax?

Ramiel: *loudly whines and hugs onto Jennah, bawling into her shoulder, soon coughing as the noises hurt his throat. If she inspects him properly, she would find not much – just bruises and a bloody nose. He is more in shock, and scared than anything else*

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 777 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.