How to raise a Sephiroth

Home Forums Kat + Seferia RolePlay Roleplay Forum Jennah’s children How to raise a Sephiroth

Viewing 25 posts - 1,101 through 1,125 (of 1,301 total)
  • Author
    Seferia
    Keymaster

Jennah: *nods as she watches Seph for a few minutes then walks into the main room to return to her own book. She speaks up as she hears Seph’s comment* Do not worry much about that, Seph. As soon as you can’t fit into your current clothing, we’ll get you new clothing. It will not be hard at all.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Seph: *moves to lie down on his new bed, wanting to read a book and relax. He picks up one of his study books and lies back on his bed, holding the book above his head to read it for a while, soon falling asleep. The book slides out of his hands, bounces onto the bed, then lands on the floor. The noise does not wake Seph up and he soon curls up, fast asleep*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: *looks up as she hears the thump of the book falling and tilts her head. So, she decides to investigate the matter. She strolls into the doorway of Seph’s room and softly chuckles as she sees the boy asleep. Grinning at the way he’s sprawled on the bed, the sorceress moves over to his side and gently tucks him into the covers. Once that was done, she turned off the lights then walked back over to her bed*

Not long after Jennah left Seph’s room, his pet dinosaur chirps scampers into the room, chirping with curiousity. It spots Sephiroth then hops onto his bed and sniffs him. After examining the bed for a few moment, the dinosaur decides to lie down next to Sephy.

Ok, I’m going to go ahead and skip a few years. Let’s see, Sephy is about 7 now, let’s skip til he’s around 10-11. That would be old enough in Jennah’s mind for her to start teaching him how to fight and survival tactics. If you have any other preference, don’t feel too shy to speak up. I don’t want to always be dictating the rp.

Only occaccionally *winks*

The last few years were filled with a number of seemingly unsignificant adventures, at least to the sorceress. However, the boy probably considered each passing day to be the equivelent of an entire lifetime. Jennah had successfully managed to get Seph into the routine of seeing his tutor each weekday for classes and had to change them out every year as the boy advanced. All of the instructors were patient with the boy, but there was a bit of sternness to some. Still, none were near to as cold as the ones that Seph had to deal with in Hojo’s lab. By this time, Sephiroth would probably be learning next to high school level classes.

In addition to his classes that stimulated his mind, Jennah had Seph regularly practice physical activities. She’d mostly have him do events very similar to track and field, but would also allow him to play outside in the forested area, given that he stay within a certain raduis of the base. That way, Centra was capable of monitoring the area and keeping the boy safe from any predators who may try to harm him. In addition, Jennah had introduced Sephiroth to some gymnastics like activities that would help him remain flexible as well as hand-to-hand combat techniques such as tae kwon do. However, despite Seph’s lessons in martial arts, Jennah had avoided giving the boy weapons to practice with.

However, that was soon about to change. Jennah had recently bought a wooden practice sword for Sephiroth and was walking down to his room. She firmly held it in her hands so that it wouldn’t drop and break on the stairs and smirked at the thought of what the boy’s expression would be when he set eyes on the sword. She was certain that this would prove to be the perfect “birthday” gift. Especially since the dinosaur that the boy had picked up as a pet a few years ago had recently died of old age. Jennah hoped that this would take the boy’s mind off his lost pet.

Jennah stopped infornt of Seph’s doorway and gently knocked on the wall. “Hey, boy? Are you awake? I have something for you?” She looked around the room as she stepped inside. She noted Seph’s entertainment system and mentally pulled up all the times that she and Seph had sat infront of it and either watched movies that he enjoyed or played games. A small smile crept onto her face as she recalled the events. Still, she didn’t keep her eyes on that spot for long and continued scanning the room for Seph himself.

Side note that I can’t think of where to put in asteticly: Jennah has given Sephy Jenova/Mako shots every single day. The dosage remains constant throughout the week, though it could be a bit stronger every year or so. So, you can bring up this if you want. Sorry… I read this over 4 times after posting it and can’t figure out a good place to stick it in.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

This is perfect. I was going to age him soon anyway. We’d covered all the bases for his youth stage, at least, I think so.

Seph flourished under Jennah’s care as the years progressed. Each passing day he grew taller and stronger, quite abandoning the cowardly and frightened attitude towards things he had had when he first arrived.

He wasn’t entirely fond with lessons and tutoring, but did them anyway. His favourite times were when he spent his time out of doors running, or exploring. The island of Halcyon was almost like a world unto itself for how large it seemed to him. Some days he just wanted to run away as he wanted to know just how far the island went, but he also knew of the dangers out there, and so had never ventured terribly far away.
    He enjoyed the hand-to-hand combat training sessions with Jennah and seeked to beat her wherever he could. She was much faster than he was and so beat him hands down pretty much all of the time. Despite this, Sephiroth did not give up for one second. He remained diligent in his training, seeking to beat Jennah just once.

That day however, Seph was feeling less than agreeable. He was sitting on the floor with his back leaning up against the side of his bed, mulling to himself over an advanced geometry book for one of the tutors. His pet dinosaur had died, and he had buried him only last week. He had never given the creature a name, but in the short time he had owned him, he had become quite attached. He had kept him well fed and cared for and so the dinosaur had been quite healthy, but as his back started to deteriorate in old age, he had to be hand-fed and carried as his leg muscles began to waste away. Seph knew his time had been coming for many weeks but his passing was not any less harder for the boy to bear.

Seph looked up from his book as Jennah spoke. His eyes focussed on her for a moment before he sat up properly, closing up the book.
    “I’m awake, mother.” He answered quietly as he peered over the bed to her. He was still down, but tried not to let it affect him too much. “You have something for me?” The curiousity in his eyes was apparent, but his sadness stayed.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jennah: *Faintly frowns as she spots Sephiroth, noticing that he is still moping about. She momentarily pauses as she examines him, but quickly shakes her head in order to snap herself out of her revierie before moving closer to his bed* I have a gift for you, boy. *she pulls the practice sword out from behind her back before gently setting it on his bed* I also have one other thing if you are up for it.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Seph: *moves to stand up, glancing down at the sword* You’re finally letting me have one of these? *reaches down to pick it up, taking it out of it’s scabbard. He seems intruiged as he notices the sword is made out of wood and gives Jennah a curious look* How is this going to be effective?

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jennah: *chuckles* That is to learn sword techniques on first. I don’t want you cutting yourself. Once you master a number of katas, I’ll upgrade you to an actual metal blade. Trust me, this is the standard way of having someone learn how to use a sword. Now.. *she turns around and pulls out a small silver Egyptian Mau from her subspace pocket. Once she’s certain tthat the kitten is unharmed and still healthy, she turns around and sets it down infront of Sephiroth* There’s your second gift.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Seph: *stares down at the kitten for a moment, then reaches down to pick it up. He examines it for a moment, patting its soft fur, then grins slightly* It’s so tiny. Where did you get it?

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jennah: It’s a newborn, well.. 6 weeks old, Seph. That’s why it’s so small. She’ll grow in time though. These types of creatures are known to live for fifteen years, so she won’t die near to as fast as your dinosaur friend did. Also, they are bred to be tamed. And I got it from Egypt. *Jennah moves to sit down next to Seph and grins at him* So, do you like your gifts?

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Seph: *is very gentle with the new kitten, setting her back down on the bed. He moves over to hug Jennah around the waist* They’re very good. Thank you, mother. *hugs her for another moment, then quickly moves away to pick up the kitten before she tumbles off the side of the bed* Do I have to feed her anything special? Baby dinosaurs and dragons eat regurgitated meat, but I can’t really do that.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jenna: *Broadly grins as Sephiroth hugs her, warmed by the show of affection. She gently pats Seph’s arm in return as he moves away from her* No, you will not need to feed her regurgitated meat. *shakes her head* I bought quite a bit of “kitten food” that was claimed to be the highest quality so that you’d be able to properly nourish her. The food is currently in a room upstairs.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Seph: I’ll have to get some of the kitten food and feed her, then. *holds the kitten up close to his face* Are all baby cats this small? I’d be afraid to step on her by mistake… or roll on her in my sleep. *pats her head* My dinosaur friend would have eaten her in one bite.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jennah: Yes, boy, all domestic cats are approximately that size when they are at six weeks of age. They are not huge creatures in general. And I’m certain that you wouldn’t need to worry about rolling on it. *points at the kitten* It may be asleep at the moment, but once it wakes up, it will be a ball of energy. These guys can run all about at this age.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Seph: *frowns* How are we going to stop her from running into places she shouldn’t go? What if she runs into the spring? *sets the kitten down on his bed once more* I don’t want her to die through a careless accident. Do we need to fence off any areas so she can’t leave?

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jennah: *Slowly shakes her head then looks up at the ceiling, thinking about what Seph wants. Eventually, she comes to a decicion and looks down at him once more* I’ll cast a spell soon to regulate where the kitten can roam so that it will be restricted to my room and your room until you feel that it’s old enough to exlore more. Does that sound good?

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Seph: *slowly nods* That sounds great. I don’t want her to die through accidental death. That’s not fair, she’s only a baby. *sits down next to the kitten and pats her back, grinning at the spots in her coat* These creatures are grassland and semi-forest dwelling creatures, aren’t they? It’s coat suggests grassland camoflague.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jennah: Well, yes, their ancestors probably came from a grasslands area, but this type of cat- No, they do not live in forests or grasslands. They are domesticated, so their habitat is human cities and human households. That’s why she’ll adapt perfectly to being your pet. *she stands up* Do you want me to get a bit of food and cat milk for you to feed her when she wakes up? It probably won’t be long.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Seph: *quickly nods his head* I expect something this small would get hungry really quickly… *glances around the area* Where is it going to relieve itself? The dinosaur hopped upstairs and went outside, but I really doubt this kitten could even climb up a stair, let alone all of them.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jennah: Those types of creatures normally use things called “litter boxes” when they are living inside a household. Do not worry. I’ll set up the necessary materials soon. Just stay down here and be prepared to greet her when she wakes. *dashes up the stairs to gather the materials that she had dropped off earlier*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Seph: *watches Jennah leave and lies down with the kitten, curling his body around her. He gently pats her fur and grins* I wonder how intelligent you are. I’ve only read about cats, I’ve never seen a real one before. *watches the kitten wake up and look around nervously. He reaches out to gently pat her head in an attempt to reassure her that she’s safe. He just continues doing this until Jennah returns*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jennah returns with several items in her hands. First, she sets down the pile near Seph’s doorway before grabbing a recirculating water bowl. She sets the bowl up on Seph’s desk, magically filling it with water in order to save her time and then turns it on. Once that is done, she grabs a bowl that is meant for feeding and a bag of food and places them on the bed* Here, you can decide where you want her to find her food. I’ve heard they like eating from high spots, but will eat on the floor as well. *shrugs before returning to the pile. She pulls out a cat bed and tosses it on Seph’s bed as well. Then, she pulls out a litter box and sets it up near the doorway before filling it with litter* You’re going to need to scoop this out regularly, understand?

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Seph: *is only partly paying attention to Jennah as he wiggles his fingers in front of the kitten’s face, causing her to bat out at his fingers and chew on them* Yeah, okay. Got it. *grins and reaches back for a pen, waving that in front of the kitten’s face, chuckling as she bats at the end of the pen, attracted by the movement*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jennah: *grins at Seph’s actions then finally drops a small package of cat milk next to him* That is a formula. It is said to be good for cats, especially young ones like that one. Just follow the instructions, ok? *smirks at him* And I see you’re finally done mourning your old pet. I’m glad for you.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Seph: Mourning? *frowns and glances up at her* I’m still sad that my dinosaur has died, mother. But he died of old age, he had a good life. *picks up the kitten, who is now busily chewing at this fingers* I’ll look after this one now though.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jennah: *nods at Sephiroth* Well, it’s alright to miss him, as long as you keep the feeling from dominating your life. I’m glad to hear that you don’t blame yourself though. *she sits down next to Seph and pats his head* So, what are you going to name your new friend?

Viewing 25 posts - 1,101 through 1,125 (of 1,301 total)
  • The topic ‘How to raise a Sephiroth’ is closed to new replies.