How to raise a Sephiroth: Survival training time

Home Forums Kat + Seferia RolePlay Roleplay Forum Jennah’s children How to raise a Sephiroth: Survival training time

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 1,126 total)
  • Author
    Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *glances back at the dinosaurs and grins, identifying them immediately as plant eaters. He licks his lips for a moment, then takes out his katana, lying low. He inches towards them, doing his best to remain unnoticed. He raises a moist finger to the air and seems more pleased as he realizes that he is downwind from these creatures. He has seen them before a few times, or at least the remains of them from the ones Jennah has brought home from her hunts. He slinks forward, remaining low and out of sight. When he is close enough, he charges, though he is not very successful in attacking due to the speed of these guys. He soon tires out and gives up, until he stumbles across one of their nests at the riverbank’s edge in some reeds. He spends a moment to move in and try to steal some, plucking up two large ones before he runs away as fast as he can*

Seferia
    Keymaster

As soon as Sephiroth takes the two eggs, the mother hadrosaur stands up and loudly trumpets at the boy. The creature leans forward in an attempt to swipe at the thief, but Sephiroth would be quick enough to get away before the mother can harm him. In addition, the boy would be lucky enough not to have her charge after him since the mother is more interested in perserving the rest of her clutch than search for two lost eggs.

If Sephiroth were to run to the East, he’d eventually come to a small hill which has another small cave opening. Unlike the previous cave, this one actually contains a back door to the caverns of the base. However, Sephiroth would have to be closely looking to the back of the cave to notice that it continues on and does have the secret exit.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *flees as fast as he can with one egg under each shoulder, dashing into some bush and scrubland area where he figures the angry mother won’t follow him. He begins to gather wood to start a fire, then breaks his flinting stone in half so he can strike the two pieces together and get a fire going. Once it is nice and stable, he picks up the eggs and places them on the fire, seating himself down nearby to patiently wait for them to cook. He sits up properly and observes the area around him, narrowing his eyes slightly as he sees a single hill in the distance over flat ground. He finishes cooking his eggs, then promptly eats them, getting up to investigate the hill.
    He gathers up his belongings once again and heads for the hill, moving inside, following the cave to the bottom. He unpacks his belongings and settles there for the time being, comfortable because he is full and properly watered.

He flattens the dusty ground with his hand and begins to draw up what he has found so far, and begins to ponder his next move.*

Seferia
    Keymaster

A soft breeze hits Seph’s back from the hidden exit to the cave. Unlike the rest of the cave, this breeze has a ting of heat to it. The heat is generated from a few magma rivers that run next to the caverns behind the cave. In addition to the heat, the breeze creates a gentle whistling sound as it passes through the tight crevices of the exit.

If Sephiroth were to stay within the cave, he’d have to endure the frequent drops of water that fall to the floor from the ceiling. They occur sparadicly at various locaitons of the cavern, so there is no given spot that he can choose to keep away from the drops. Luckily, they are only small droplets, so they won’t drench him.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *moves further into the cave, wondering where the heat source is coming from. As he finds the path beyond what looks like the end of the cave, he quickly becomes excited and curious, moving into the heated drier cave system*

Seferia
    Keymaster

The passage way behind the cave is rather narrow, but it shouldn’t feel too cramped for the boy. Also, there are points where the heat would increase dramaticly since the cave passes extremely close to a magma vein. Still, if Sephiroth were to travel the full legnth of the cave, he’d exit in the base. The exit is actually a small breach in the sidewall of the cloning laboratory.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Seph: *is determined to find out where the heat is coming from, and where the tunnel goes. He continues moving through the cavern, stopping to pat the walls where it gets hotter. He quickly decides that it is unpleasant and coughs at the smell of brimstone, moving on. He continues moving down the cavern, crawling along to feel the walls as visibility drops to an absolute zero. Soon though, he becomes happy as he sees light at the end of the tunnel. He quickly moves towards the end, cautiously peering out of the cracked open hole in the wall of the cloning lab where it ends. He has never been here before at all, and is very curious to find out what it is about. Yet, at the same time he does not want to get himself into any strife*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Kerash: *was checking up on the systems within the room. At the moment, she straightens up, not having noticed Sephiroth at all and turns around to exit the room. Even if she did notice Sephiroth’s presence in the room, she’d be less than concerned about it.*

Meanwhile, Sephiroth would be able to find a number of creatures being grown in the laboratory. Most are dinosaurs, but a few are small dragon species. Unfortunately for some of the creatures, there are a few that are horribly deformed and would die nearly instantly if released from the containment tubes.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Seph: *quietly sneaks into the cloning tank room, seeming paticularly saddened by the deformed creatures in the tanks. He sneaks out of the hole and wanders into the room, holding his pouch of belongings close to his body so that he does not make noises. He quickly looks around the room, wondering where he is exactly, and heads for the doorway that exits into the hall*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jennah: *is currently downstairs in Seph’s room. She is playing with the kitten by waving one of her fire-patterned feathers to and fro infront of Cairo’s face in order to keep her occupied. She is unaware that Seph is back so soon and isn’t actively scanning for his location*

Seph should be able to recognize the base once he steps out of the cloning room. If he doesn’t feel familiar with the structure of the hallway that he’s stepped into, he’d certainly be able to recognize the main stairwell once he reaches the end of the hallway.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Cairo: *is very attentive to the horizontal movements of the feather. She swipes a clawed paw out at it, then tries to bite it. When she manages to do that, she immediately spits out the bits of feather she bites off, not liking the texture*

Seph: *wanders down the corridor and into the stairs. He looks up and down them to see if his eyes are deceiving him or not, then he yells happily, his voice echoing through many of the caverns inside* Yes, I made it!! *grins* Yay! *makes a loud yelling down the stairs and chuckles happily*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jennah: *drops the feather as she hears the first yell. Looking back to the stairwell, she first blinks then shakes her head in disbelief* My, that boy has quite a set of lungs. *chuckles. She stands up so that she can walk to the base of the stairs and looks up to Seph* I’m surprised you didn’t get eaten with all the noise you are making.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Seph: *sees Jennah and runs down the stairs towards her. However, he trips over and thumps down onto them after only five or six steps, then slowly gets up again, loudly laughing* Feh, nonsense, mother. I was a good hunter. I caught my food with relative ease. *walks over to hug her* But my god, do I need a bath.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jennah: *yelps as she watches Sephiroth trip over, but she settles down a bit when she notices that he nearly instantly rebounded. So, she allows herself a small grin, despite her worry, and returns the hug* Yes, I can smell that. What did you do, sleep in some animal’s dung? *mischieviously chuckles. Still, despite her facade of being playful, she carefully examines Seph so that she can assure herself that he’s not injured* Cairo missed you as well.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Seph: Ah, how is she doing? I missed her. *screws his face up at her and pokes out his tongue* I don’t know what I slept in. First, a tent I made, but that got smashed. Then I found a really nice warm cavern with stuff in it and slept there the next night. And last night I slept in a tree. I got bitten a bunch of times by rodents, but I’m OK. *moves past Jennah to walk into her quarters and go say hello to Cairo*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jennah: Yes, you look alright to me. *nods in approval* It looks to me as if you did a particularly good job at keeping yourself healthy and safe. Good job, Seph. I think next time I’ll insure that you stay out in the wildnerness for a week. *faintly smirks, awaiting for Sephiroth to complain*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Seph: *stops and stares back at her, horrified* What? *deeply frowns* No! I could have been stuck out there for weeks already if it hadn’t been for my navigation skills, and the raptor I met on the beach. *growls* I’m not doing that again for a long time. *moves down into the quarters to say hello to Cairo* Hello, kitty! *picks her up and giggles*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jennah: *releases a soft chuckle and shakes her head* I didn’t say that I was sending you right out. But I think it won’t hurt you if we did this once every year or perhaps half a year until you are more than confident that you can come and go as you please. Of course, it might not always be in Halcyon either. *follows after Seph* If you want, you can give Cairo a bath at the same time that you go clean yourself off. She has quite a bit of dirt residue building up in her fur.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Seph: *looks back at Jennah: How the heck am I supposed to give Cairo a bath? I don’t want to drown her. And she’ll hate it… and then I’m liable to get scratched. *picks the silver kitten up and walks into the spring area* It’s a bad idea…

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jennah: *sighs at Seph’s statements* Then I’ll help you. For the most part, keep her to the shallow end of the spring. And do not worry, she can swim if absolutely necessary. But there is a secition here *moves to the spring and sticks her boot in to indicate the shallowest point* that is only a few inches deep. You can bather her there.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Seph: Alright. *sets the kitten down on the ground, then runs into his bedroom to pick up a bottle of cat shampoo from the supplies that Jennah bought for him to take care of the pet cat with. He runs back into the spring area and sets the bottle down nearby, stripping down so he can walk in. He picks up Cairo and holds her as he heads for the deeper water* She’s already scratching me!!

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jennah: *shakes her head at Sephiroth’s complaints* Just stay calm. It will help keep her calm if you are calm as well. *begins taking off her clothing. Pushing the armor back behind one of the heating rocks, Jennah steps into the spring and walks over to Seph* Here, give her to me. I’ll hold onto her while you lather her up. Does that sound fair?

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Seph: *frowns and hands the damp frightened kitten over to Jennah* Just be careful with her. I don’t know why she hates it so much, but she’s really really scared. *moves back to the shore to get the cat shampoo*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jennah: *gently pats Cairo’s back in an attempt to calm her down then sets her down in the shallow end of the spring. Keeping a firm grip on the kitten’s sides, she waits for Sephiroth to return. Meanwhile, she uses magic to splash bits of water on the kitten’s fur to help get her thouroughly soaked* Don’t worry, Seph. I’ll treat her with care.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Cairo: *makes high pitched mewling noises and tries to struggle away from Jennah, putting her claws out to try and assist her escape*

Seph: *heads back into the water where Jennah is* I hope she’s not hurting you too much… *squeezes some of the shampoo onto his hands, then begins to rub it into the kitten’s fur* It smells funny, like mint or something similar. Is that to keep away fleas?

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 1,126 total)
  • The topic ‘How to raise a Sephiroth: Survival training time’ is closed to new replies.