How to raise a Sephiroth: Survival training time

Home Forums Kat + Seferia RolePlay Roleplay Forum Jennah’s children How to raise a Sephiroth: Survival training time

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 1,126 total)
  • Author
    Seferia
    Keymaster

A few of the runes on the walls light up as Sephiroth passes by them, then the spell tied to the runes begin to warm up the cavern and keep it at a comfortable temperature. Aside from a few aracnids and other insects, Sephiroth is left undisturbed as he sleeps throughout the night. However, outside, there are a number of rumbles from thunder as a small storm passes by.

Jennah: *chuckles at Cair’s nipping* What are you trying to do, little one? Hm? *shakes her head before reaching up to pat Cairo’s back*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Seph: *wakes up early the next morning at first light to go foraging for berries and nuts. He considers eating mushrooms as well, but doesn’t trust the majority of the ones he finds, so he gathers up his posessions and moves on again. He continues on his way, heading north through the forested area, grinning as it begins to thin out after a few hours of travelling. He sniffs the air and baulks slightly as he smells mild decay and salt on the air. As he moves away to investigate, he walks onto a beach, that is currently experiencing low tide*

Seferia
    Keymaster

In the horizon, several whales are leaping out of the sea and creating grande displays of their power and majesty, though it’s all part of their mating habits. As the whales splash down back into the ocean, they create a booming sound that is still faintly audible from Seph’s location. Some only manage to get their mass only a bit over the surface of the water; however, even more are capable of lifting their entire bodies up into the air and twirling before falling back down.

In addition to the whales, there is a single alpha male raptor lazing about on the beach, not too far away from Sephiroth. The male is as advanced as Kerash, being of the same species; however, Jenna may have failed to mention the more “feral” clans on the island to Sephiroth in the past. Still, for the moment, the male has his back to Sephiroth and is not paying attention to the boy in the least.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Seph: *notices the raptor and warily moves towards the beach, his motivation to have a look at the whales and the beachhead winning over his fears at the apparent danger. He moves onto the shoreline and kicks at the sloshy sand, chuckling to himself. He then walks out, knee high into the water, and promptly runs back and forth with the incoming waves. He chuckles louder, and soon forgets about the raptor’s prescence*

Seferia
    Keymaster

The raptor lifts its head off of the sand to look over at Sephy once he hears the boy’s chuckling. The animal snorts in aggitation of having his rest disturbed then gets to his feet, intending to leave. However, the raptor notices the number of fish in the sea around Sephiroth’s feet and decides to obtain the boy. Even though the raptor had never met Sephiroth before, he knows that Jennah has a boy who she has taken in and figures this must be him. So, the raptor walks up behind Sephiroth, gruffly speaking to the boy in his native toungue, that has a slight dialect from Jenna’s speach. “You shouldn’t go out so far without paying attention. There are teeth-filled fish.” Then, he gently bites onto Seph’s shoulder so that he can be pulled back into more shallow water.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *yelps slightly as he is bitten and pulled back. He looks up at the raptor and slowly nods* “Thank you for warning me…” *his speach would sound a little funny as he speaks the island’s native language back to the raptor, probably also mispronouncing some syllables. He washes his hands off in the water and politely bows his head* “I did not notice the fish, but I do appreciate the warning.” *stands up to his full height once more* “Do you know how far away I am from the base?”

Seferia
    Keymaster

The raptor tilts his head as he listens to Sephiroth. It takes him several minuts to determine what the boy is asking him; however, he knows nothing of a base. So, he takes a few more moments to look up at the sky before looking down at Sephiroth again. “I am sorry, but I know not what place you are looking for. I know where my pack is located, but I do not know of anything that is called a ‘base’.” He shakes his head. “Best of luck finding it though.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Seph: *sighs and slowly nods his head* “No, it’s alright. I’ll find it eventually. I don’t even know if I am headed in the right direction. Thank you for taking me to safety here, though.” *pauses* “Wait a moment. Do you know where there are mountains? It’s probably near there.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

The raptor tilts his head at Sephiroth, then releases a hissing sound that almost resembles a laugh. He stands upright then points to the south. “Can’t you see them with your own eyes? The mountains lie south of here, but be careful. It is said that dragons roost there and they are not ones to be trifled with. At least, that’s what they say. I have never actually seen a dragon aside from the small ones that scavenge on my pack’s kills from time to time.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *frowns at the idea of meeting up with large carniverous dragons and bows his head* “Thank you very much for the information. I’ll keep it in mind…” *walks back towards the beach and narrows his eyes. He takes out his katana and spends a few minutes near the water’s edge before he spears a large fish with the end of the curved sword. He drags the fish back with him to the shore and deposits it in front of the raptor, intending it to be payment for his information* “I’ll be on my way now.” *flicks the blood and fish innards off the sword, then places it back in it’s scabbard*

Seferia
    Keymaster

The raptor tilts his head at the sight of the fish. Slowly moving toward it, he curiously sniffs the air to determine what sort of scent the creature has. He has never had fish before, having specialized in bringing down large land-based animals, so he is weary of it a first. Eventually, after a good amount of sniffing, he determines that the fish must taste good and digs in. He eagerly eats the fish and pays no attention to Sephiroth’s departure.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *manages to levitate as high as some of the tree tops, broadly grinning. He doesn’t venture much higher than this however, for he does not want to slip up in his abilities and fall out of the sky. He pays close attention to the mountains and begins heading towards them, flying faster. He begins to loudly laugh as he sails around a large tree, finding levitating faster than walking. He reaches the mountaneous area after a few hours, then he lands, quickly examining the area* This doesn’t look like the base…

Seferia
    Keymaster

Several small creatures scurry off into caverns on the side of the mountain as Sephiroth lands. Most are similar to mice and other rodents, but a few are small lizards who do not want to be eaten up. Higher up, there are a number of bird nests on the side of the moutain tops where eagles have began to make loud screaching sounds as warnings toward the boy, who they view as a threat. None of them move to attack him, so all that Seph would have to endure is a lot of noise.

As for the mountainrange, it encompasses nearly the entire southern rim of the island and a bit of the western edges. So, even with knowing where the mountains are, Seph would have a lot of traveling to do in order to locate the correct mountain.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Seph: *sighs in exasperation and begins to examine the base of the mountains, grumbling to himself. He moves away from the nests of eagles, not wanting to be swooped and attacked by them. He just continues trekking around the base of the mountains, keeping on high alert, hoping that he sees anything remotely familiar*

Seferia
    Keymaster

A bit farther down from where Seph started off, a large wyvern is munching on a large kill that is currently unidentifiable. For the moment, the winged beast does not notice Seph in the distance, but if he were to be foolish enough to approach the creature, he’d probably be attacked.

In addition to the feeding creature, the sky is beginning to darken as night approaches. If Sephiroth were to find the base, he’d have to move much faster than what he’s been doing.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Seph: *stays quite out of the Wyvern’s way and reach, seeming quite edgy and nervous that it’s so close and he didn’t see it. He quickly runs ahead and continues following the mountains, loudly sighing with unhappiness* I’ll never find it… *glances up at the sky*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Another wyvern is gliding through the air up above, heading for its nest. The creature is uninterested in Seph and carrying a small apatosaur youth in its claws. Meanwhile, the sky is continuing to darken as the light fades. Sephiroth would only have two hours of light at the most to explore further and seek either shelter or the entrance to the base.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *shivers slightly with the colder air settling in, but presses on, determined to find something familiar. When the night finally does set in, he sighs and gives up, climbing a large oak tree for the night. He moves into the higher branches and picks at the acorns, promptly spitting them out when he discovers that they are not to his tastes*

Seferia
    Keymaster

A few large preadators pass below Sephiroth during the course of the night, but none of them are interested in picking of a small boy from the top of a tree. Instead, they are just searching for kills to scavange from and would rather not fight against the branches. However, Sephy would have to endure cold winds from his spot in the trees. In addition, a few small rodents would run up the tree from time to time in order to gather acorns. Some stop to sniff Seph, but most are less than insterested in him.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *just curls up in his clothes and shivers throughout the course of the night. He pays little to no attention to the rats and other rodents, and drifts in and out of his sleep state. He remains quite inactive and tries to conserve heat during the night. Eventually he rests his head down on the branch he is in and sleeps, exhausted, remaining that way until the warmth and light of the next day rouse him from sleep*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Once morning approaches, a colorful parrot flaps over to the tree where Sephiroth is sleeping. The parrot winds up perching on the boy’s shoulder and loudly squawks. The bird is not concerned that the boy is a living creature, since it does not perceive him to be a threat and continues to loudly squawk.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Seph: *groans slightly as he hears the squawking and slowly opens his eyes. He stares at the parrot and lets go of the branch in surprise, tumbling a few feet before he is able to catch his fall by grabbing out for a limb. He climbs back onto the limb and shivers, yawning* Well, that’s not a good way to wake up… *begins to slowly climb down the tree, desiring to find water, and the correct mountain so he can go home*

Seferia
    Keymaster

There is a river that runs through the island a bit inland from Sephiroth’s position. He’d have to travel North-west for about a half a mile in order to find it, so it’d distance Seph from the mountain range. Also, the river has a large population of crocidilian reptiles living in it, not to mention larger predators stalk its shores, waiting for lone animals to stop by and take a drink.

Meanwhile, the entrance to the base is a day’s walk to the west of where Seph currently is. The cliff that contains the entrance is at the foothills to the moutains there.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Seph: *sniffs the air, walking away from the mountaneous area to head for water. He seems rather unhappy at the smell of decay as he approaches however, and takes to the air, levitating several feet above the river to look for a spot that would be cleaner and free of crocodiles. He flies nearly four miles upstream before settling down, taking a few moments to drink up the water. He also takes the opportunity to fill up his water canteen once again*

Seferia
    Keymaster

A pack of “duck-billed” dinosaurs move up to the river a bit more upstream from Sephiroth. The creatures are accompanied by a number of youths, so they are all on edge, weary of an attack from predators. Luckily, Sephiroth will not be bothered by any of these creatures or predators while he is filling up his canteen.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 1,126 total)
  • The topic ‘How to raise a Sephiroth: Survival training time’ is closed to new replies.