How to raise a Sephiroth: Survival training time

Home Forums Kat + Seferia RolePlay Roleplay Forum Jennah’s children How to raise a Sephiroth: Survival training time

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 1,126 total)
  • Author
    Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Seph: *is a little grumbly and tired as he is woken up the following morning, but pays close attention as Jennah educates him about how to start a fire, as well as the other things she decides to prepare him with before he leaves. He sighs as his eyes are blindfolded firmly, and he just silently nods his head in response, not feeling like talking at that time*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jennah: *sighs at Sephiroth’s silence, but respects his wishes and doesn’t speak to him. Once she steps outside the base, she bends down to insure that his sword is properly secured in its holster and that he has the other few supplies she gave him to start off with. (You may choose what those items may be. It’d be only enough to be held in a small pack at the most) Once she is done with that, she shifts into her hybrid form so that she can pick up Sephiroth with ease. Then, she leaps into the air and flies over to a lake at the far end of the island. Soon, she lands at the edge of the lake and sets Sephiroth down onto the ground* Alright, Seph. Remember, I will be watching you just incase you get into trouble that you cannot handle. *pats the top of his head then leaps into the air as well. She leaves him with the blindfold still on, allowing for him to decide when he wants to take it off*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Seph: *sits down on the ground and listens to Jennah depart from his company and fly away. He waits until everything is silent once more, then he unties the blindfold and stuffs it into the pouch tied to his belt. He takes a few moments to examine and take in his surroundings, then he scowls with determination, heading for the lake. He fumbles through his pouch, taking out an empty water canteen to fill up before he wanders away from the lake to look for an adequate place to take shelter*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jennah: *circles around Seph’s location for a bit once she leaves him, wanting to insure that he gets off to a good start. She grins in satisfaction as she observes the boy getting up and moving about rather than just staying still and pouting. So, she decides to moves further away from him and watch from a distance. She lands on the branch of a large tree that is about half a mile from Sephiroth’s location before casting a spell to make herself invisible to him as well as impossible to detect with his psychic abilities*

The area right around the lake is simply populated by grass, shrubs, and rocks. The lake itself is rather small and has a rocky bottom to it. Also, there is a waterfall that falls into the lake, which isn’t that big, but it causes enough disturbance in the water to keep algae from growing. The first place Sephiroth can choose to take shelter in is a small cave behind the waterfall, but that cave is rather moist and would be hard to spot from infront of the waterfall. Then, about a few hundred meters away from the lake, the line of the forest is visible. Sephiroth would be able to find any number of trees where he could climb up and take shelter in the branches. Or, there is a large tree to the west of him that has a cavern right underneath it. The cavern is hidden by the tree’s roots, but if Seph were to find it, he’d find traces of Jenna’s old belongings from when she was a child. For, that cavern had once been a spot where she took shelter.

At the moment, there are no predators in the area. But there are several birds that continuously chirp in the trees surronding the lake.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Seph: *remains quite alert as he moves through the area. He glances at the waterfall and then studies his surroundings so he can return to it if necessary, then he walks ahead towards the forested area. His first move once he is there, is to climb a tree and spend time picking the small acidic fruits from it. They are not to his liking and some of the ones he picks are not ripe yet, but he takes some anyway incase he will not have food later.
    He snaps off some large branches, then climbs down the tree once again. Then, he stands the branches against one another like a teepee style tent, and would spend pretty much the rest of the day constructing it from more branches that he snaps off the surrounding trees. He covers the outside with layers of small fresh and dry leafy branches, then climbs inside to rest for a bit. He frowns in dissaproval of what he has made as rain and wind can easily get through, but he is determined to make use of it for the time being.*

Seferia
    Keymaster

While Seph is constructing his little shelter, the sky progressively becomes darker as the sun sets. While most of the birds who were being vocal before dart for their homes and fall asleep, their noises are replaced by even more irritating insects. These insects create high-frequency screaches and buzzes that eminate throughout the air. Also, several night scavengers become active. Sephy would frequently hear the squeaks of small dinosaurs similar to the one that he took in as a pet. Also, from time to time, there’d be animals who scrape up against his shelter, but none bother him.

However, by the time the sun rises, several animals similar to ankylasaurs stroll into the area, heading to their normal feeding grounds. While the animals are not concerned about Sephiroth, they are not concerned about avoiding his tent either. So, one of the animals’ clubbed tails wind up taking out several of the sticks and nearly completely decimating the shelter.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Seph shivered in his makeshift tent for a short time after the sun went down, then he attempted to start a fire, spending half the night doing so. He warmed up in front of it for a while, then he went into his tent to sleep the night, going to sleep on an empty stomach.

His sleep was restful and undisturbed. At least, until the next morning. He was woken up rather abruptly his makeshift tent was smashed by the wandering herbivores, and he grabbed up his pouch of items, darting up the nearest tree until the herd of herbivores passed by his now-ruined makeshift tent.

“Great, now what am I supposed to do!?” He frowned as he jiggled his pouch of items, realizing that it was rather light. He looked through it and loudly sighed as he realized that he had left his spark flinting stones in the tent, so he remained up the tree until the herd passed. He hopped down to look through the mess, miserable as he discovered that one of the stones had been crushed to powder, while the other was covered in a mixture of wet mud and dung, and badly needed washing off. He yanked it up and returned to the lake immediately to wash the precious stone off, grumbling to himself.

Once he had finished washing off the flinting stone, he stripped down to his birthday suit and dived into the lake to wash himself off for the morning. He spent only a short amount of time there however, as he quickly became cold. He sat on the edge of the lake to dry out in the sun, and sighed as he felt his belly grumble in protest.

“This isn’t working out very well… I’m starving…”

Seph lowered his head and sighed, pondering what to do about the situation. He could think of nothing at that time, but he would have to come to a conclusion soon, before he starved.

Seferia
    Keymaster

A medium sized dinosaur scurries across the opposite side of the lake, carrying a large fish in his jaws. The dinosaur had appeared from the bushes a bit downstream, suggesting that there may be a good fishing spot that way. Or, Seph could attempt ambusing the medium sized predator, which is about the same size as Sephiroth, and killing him.

In addition to the signs of fish in the area, there are several birds that are hanging about, most would be too fast for Seph to simply catch, but some may be big enough for him to catch by surprise.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *his heart races with happiness as he sees the medium sized dinosaur and he takes his katana out of its sheath, leaping off the ground. He uses his levitational abilities to quickly fly towards the dinosaur and he plunges the katana deep into the back of the dinosaur, shoving it down, piercing the creature’s heart. He then lets go of the katana and moves to safety, allowing the creature to run away in a panic and die* Sorry there, but I need to eat you know. *picks the dinosaur up by the tail, then begins to drag it back towards the rest of his stuff around the other side of the lake*

Seferia
    Keymaster

The Dinosaur, an Oviraptor, howls in pain as Sephiroth stabs it. Stumbling away from the boy, the dinosaur scrambles away in an attempt to escape. However, it eventually collapses and succumbs to the mortal wound. As it falls, the fish slips out of its mouth and flops onto the ground, so Sephiroth would be able to enjoy two meals for the price of one.

There is a small stream at the far end of the lake that Seph would need to pass through in order to return to the side where his belongings are. The stream is shallow, only two to three inches deep at the most, and runs at a fairly slow pace, so Seph should have no difficulty getting past it. However, it is too wide for him to simply step over, so he’d have to get his feet wet.

Meanwhile, Jennah, who has been closely monitoring Seph’s actions decides to make it look like she is checking up on him. So, she opens a telepathic communication with the pre-teenager. ~Seph, are you doing all right out there? Do you want me to give you any tips on what to do or need any desperate help?~

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *struggles to yank his katana back out of the dinosaur, sighing* Sorry about that, friend. I’m sorry I had to kill you, but I have to eat you know. *sits down in front of the dead dinosaur* I hope you join your family and friends in the great beyond. *stabs the Katana into the dinosaur’s chest cavity so he can open and begin eating* *”Yeah, mother. I’m fine. I don’t need any help.”*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jennah: ~I am glad to hear that. Remember, this task ends when you navigate your way back home. So, do not remain in the spot that I left you in. You will have to move on if you want to come back home. Do you still have all the items I gave you to start with?~

Several vulture-like creatures begin to circle around the area once they discover that a kill has occurred. None move in to bother Sephiroth yet, but they are all patiently waiting for their turn to dine on the corpse.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Seph: *”No, I don’t.”* *scowls* *”Herbivores stood on one of the fire making stones. The other is drying out with my other stuff. I’m not going to remain in this spot forever, I’m just eating…”* *seems annoyed as he cuts out the liver of the oviraptor and begins to chew on it* *”Don’t worry, I’ll be all right.”*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jennah: ~I see. Do you remember where you can gain more flint? Remember, I coached you on where to find it several times before I dropped you off out there. I hope you were paying attention.~

One of the vultures decides to be brazen and lands on the ground. It hops over to Sephiroth’s kill and tries to nip at it. Even though it is being brave in going after the food. It remains at a distance and is more than prepared to fly off at the first sign of aggression.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *”I know where to find it. I was paying attention…”* *growls at the vulture and picks up the fish that the oviraptor had caught, hurling it at the vulture’s head* *”I’ll find my own way back and I’ll take care of myself. You can stop checking up on me now.”*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jennah: *deeply sighs at the way Sephiroth is responding to her. She shakes her head then takes off to the sky, intending to return to the base and check up on Cairo once more* ~Very well. But please stop being sore over this exercise. You’re doing fine so much and I bet if you stop panicing, you’ll find some fun in all of this.~

The vulture screaches as the fish is thrown at it. It flaps back and flies away. However, soon the entire area is swarming with vultures. They screach and tear at the fish in a frenzied manner. Some even move in to Seph’s kill and try to steal scraps from it as well.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *”I’m not sore. But if you want me to make my own way, you don’t have to watch me. If I have a problem, I’ll tell you.”* *makes a loud snarling noise and cuts the leg off the oviraptor to swat the vultures away* Get out of here, you scavengers! I’m a top predator and I haven’t even finished with my food yet! You can wait for it!! *snarls in anger and continues eat, gobbling his food down*

Seferia
    Keymaster

The vultures scatter as Sephiroth attack them, but they do not move to far away from the food. The birds remain at a ten meter radius around Sephers and continue to anxiously wait for him to leave. While they are waiting, several choose to form a pecking order by jabbing at each other with their beaks. Several of the birds who get jabbed wind up with bloody wounds.

Jennah: *shakes her head at Sephiroth’s attitude toward her* ~Seph, please stop imagining that I don’t care about you and this is about punishing you.~

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *spends a further ten minutes munching through the remains of the oviraptor before he decides he’s done with it. He washes off his face and hands in the lake, then he levitates above the ground, moving back across the lake to where his belongings are* *”I know you care about me and I know this isn’t punishment. But you want me to be independant, right? Stop watching over me then, and I’ll make my own way.”* *moves away from the lake, glancing around as he ponders which way it is back to the base*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jennah: ~Very well then, but do remember that this is also an exercise on using your resources. I am a resource if needed. Do not forget that. Take care of yourself.~ *lands then makes her way down the stairs to her room. Once inside, she returns to her human form and searches out Cairo so that she can check up on the kitten*

As soon as Sephiroth departs from the carcass, it becomes a practical smorgasbord for the carrions. They dive in and begin tearing it appart, tearing at each other as well. Seph is more than lucky that none of them had choosen to target him while he is waiting, for they are certainly ripping the meat to shreds now.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Cairo: *is pacing around the floor of Jenna’s quarters, mewling pitifully. Her meows are rather loud and demanding as if she is trying to call attention to herself, but they are also sad*

Sephiroth: *glances up at the sky and frowns as he notices gathering clouds. He heads into the forest area, determined to pick nuts or berries to carry with him. He grumbles to himself about the lack of shelter and good hiding spaces, and is also unhappy at the prospects of spending another night in the cold*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jennah: *releases a soft chuckle as she spots the kitten and kneels down to the floor* Are you that lonely? Well then, come here. *pats her thigh, tying to convince the kitten to come over to her* I’ll keep you company.

Sephiroth is heading in the same direction that leads to the tree with the hidden cave underneath its roots. If he were looking at the ground, he’d be able to see large gaps inbetween the ground and the roots and other indicators that the roots are not quite burried in the ground.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Sephiroth: *tilts his head curiously at the strange growing roots, then inspects them. He seems paticularly pleased as he discovers a large gap underneath them, and he moves in to inspect the area properly*

Cairo: *bounds over to Jennah and mews in a demanding attention seekin tone, hopping up onto her lap. She then curls up and begins to purr*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Within the cave, there is a make-shift bed that had been made years ago by a much younger Jenna. Also, scattered throughout the area are little trinkets that the girl had wanted to keep around with her and keep safe. Most appear to be worthless, but there are a few items such as magic books that would stand out. There’s also a few knives and a old pair of Jenna’s gloves that had become trashed on one of her adventures. Last, the walls of the cave are littered with magical runes, having been caved into the rock with either a knife or some other sharp object. Most of these markings are unactivated though, but there are some that keep the cave warm and dry.

Jennah: *releases a soft chuckle as Cairo curls up in her lap* My, you must really want attention if you are going to me for it. *gives the kitten a small grin and pats her back. After a moment, Jenna picks up Cairo and carries her over to her bed. After depositing the cat on the bed, she sits down as well so that she can take off her boots. Then, she lies down ontop of the sheets*

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Seph: *is careful not to touch the walls as he heads over to ther makeshift bed. He lies down on it and sighs, curling up to rest, intending to head out once again when the sun comes up at first light tomorrow morning.*

Cairo: *pins her ears back as she is disturbed, then stands up, wandering towards Jennah’s head. She sniffs her nose for a moment, then bites the end of it*

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 1,126 total)
  • The topic ‘How to raise a Sephiroth: Survival training time’ is closed to new replies.