How to raise a Sephiroth: Survival training time

Home Forums Kat + Seferia RolePlay Roleplay Forum Jennah’s children How to raise a Sephiroth: Survival training time

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 1,126 total)
  • Author
    Seferia
    Keymaster

Jennah carefully watched over Sephiroth’s combat training for the next few weeks. Overall, she was pleased with his progress. There was hardly any parts of his routines that brought her displeasure. Not to mention, the boy worked hard to perfect his technique, and that impressed the sorceress. She would have been aggitated if the boy did not take her advice seriously, but he always absorbed everything that she told him.

So, once nearly a month had passed, Jennah came to a decision to move him up yet another level. So, she told Sephiroth that she’d be gone for a few days and for him to protect the base, even though Centra would do the job for him. During that time, Jenna ventured to Japan and hired an expert craftsman to create a katana just for the boy. She paid good money for the blade, but since the sword was only to be made for a beginner, it was much shorter than a full blade and not designed to last as long.

That evening, Jennah returned home and immediately rushed downstairs to Sephy’s room. She sighed as she noticed that the boy was not in his room, but still, she decided to set the sword on his bed and wait for him. So, by the time Seph returns, she’d be leaning against his back wall and lightly snoozing.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Seph had been quite busy outside with Cairo that day. Jennah had given him a whole two days off to do as he pleased and protect the base while she was gone, so he had spent some the time patrolling the stairs and hallways. When he had gotten bored of that, he had taken the growing kitten outside to play and to pounce on small creatures that lived on the ground. He was very careful to watch the area around them for signs of movement however, for the silver spotted feline could have easily made a quick furry snack for any smaller saurian inhabitant of the island. They certainly were not choosy about their prey at times, Seph knew that lesson well.

The boy was rather delighted with how his cat companion was growing. She had grown a little from the wobbly timid kitten he had been given, into a bigger, confident, and playful young cat. She still had lots of growing to do and she was still classed as a kitten, but Seph was well pleased with her anyway. He snapped a piece of grass off it’s stalk to wave nearby, snickering as the young cat bounded over to smack it with her paws. Sometimes he secretly wished he was as agile as her, and that he had claws and a tail, but didn’t dwell on those thoughts for long as they were just silly wishes that he could never have come true. Besides, he liked the way he was anyway.

When the sun had begun to set in the sky, Seph knew it was time to head back inside. He picked up his purring feline and headed back inside the base, casually wandering down the stairs. He guessed Jennah wasn’t home yet, so he was in no hurry.

He was quiet as he moved into his room. Jennah was home afterall, and asleep. As happy as he was to see her, he didn’t want to wake her up. She was probably tired, afterall. So instead, he placed Cairo on the ground and filled up her food dish, then moved to sit down on his bed. This did not last for very long however, as he quickly stood up again, frowning as he noticed that he had sat on a hard object. He quickly glanced behind him, noticing the short katana on the bed. He picked it up and carefully examined it, then got to his feet, walked over to Jennah and lightly shook her arm.

Seph: Mother… *frowns* Wake up. It can’t be comfortable to sleep like that. *shakes her again, this time a little harder* You’ve left one of your weapons on my bed. *tries to place it in her hand* Here.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jennah: *makes a faint groaning sound as her rest is disturbed. Her eyes slowly flutter open then focus on Sephiroth. At first, she is confused, but she soon releases a soft chuckle* No, that is not mine, Seph. I don’t have much use for weapons that small. *shakes her head* No, that sword is yours. You’ve proven good enough to be trusted with a real blade.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Seph: What…? *blinks and stares down at the sword for a few minutes, going completely quiet. He takes it out of it’s scabbard and admires it for some time, looking up at Jennah once more, broadly grinning with happiness* Thank you, mother! I promise I’ll do my best to take care of it. I’ll try to keep it sharp. *places the sword back into its scabbard, then moves to hug her*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jennah: *grins and bends down to return Seph’s hug* You’re welcome, Seph. Now, for the second part of my news. Tomorrow, I am taking you outside of the safety zone that I set up before. You shall be brought out to a random location on the island, blindfolded, and left with just your sword that you received just now. From there, it will be up to you to keep yourself alive. I’ll keep an eye on you so that you won’t die, but other than that, I will not assist you.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Seph: *blinks* What? What’s going to happen to me? I can’t survive out there, you’ve told me that numerous times… there’s all sorts of creatures that would want to eat me, because I’m basically a soft chewy meal on two legs. A T-Rex would snap me up in one bite… *looks rather bothered* What happens if it rains? Where am I going to find food? What’s going to happen to Cairo?

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jennah: I will watch over Cairo. She’ll be fine. *shakes her head* As for you, you know how to hunt, I’ve seen you do it for your dinosaur before. You know how to hide and use your brain. And now you know how to fight with a deadly weapon. *rubs Sephiroth’s back* Now, you just need to learn how to survive. As I said, if something too dangerous occurs, I’ll be right there to help you. But for the most part, this will be you and you alone.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Seph: *frowns, obviously not liking the idea, but he slowly nods* When do you throw me outside to cope and survive for myself? It’s not soon is it? *pauses* You’re not going to do it right now, are you?

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jennah: *frowns at him and shakes her head* Seph, I already told you, tomorrow. I will bring you outside tomorrow just before dusk. You will be blindfolded, and from there, you will have to navigate your way home and figure out for yourself what needs to be done and what needs to be avoided. For tonight, you are going to be able to rest up and prepare yourself. *pats the top of his head* Trust me, this is something that you need to learn.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Seph: *lowers his head and grumbles* I don’t want to learn that. What’s wrong with staying here? I’ve been learning well here. I’ve not dissapointed you once. *grunts* This is some kind of punishment, isn’t it? What have I done to make you decide to put me outside? *folds his arms and begins to pout* Hrmph… *tries to move behind Jennah and nudge her out of his room*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jennah: *shakes her head and moves to pick up Sephiroth, though she fails for the most part. So, instead she just lifts him up onto his bed* No, Seph, this is not a punishment. *tries to sit down next to him* This is a natural development of your training and teachings. You cannot be dependent on me all the time, you know what sort of enemies I have. Also, you should think of this as a compliment. I believe that you are smart enough to handle this change and survive quite efficiently.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Seph: *moves to stand on his bed, then wraps his arm around Jennah’s neck and tries to shove her down. The move is half-playful, and half because of his frustration* I don’t want to go out there. Am I allowed to take anything out there with me, like food, clothes, or blankets? What about my sword? Am I allowed to take that? *lets go of Jennah and sits down beside her, combing a hand through his mess of silver hair* It’s going to get cold. And I’m not a mage, I don’t know how to start a fire.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jennah: *Allows Sephy to push her down, shaking her head at him. Still, she doesn’t scold him for his frustration* You will be left with the clothing that you’ll have on and your new sword. I’ll give you enough food to last you a few hours, but after that, it’ll be all up to you. As for making fire, you know how to make fire. You’re just not thinking clearly. Remember the rocks and the rubbing sticks together?

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Seph: *groans* Rubbing the sticks together on the rock takes hours. I sat there all day and tried before the fire got started. It was so boring. If I have to do that on a day to day basis, I’ll never get anything else done. *frowns*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jennah: Sephiroth, trust me. I used to live day to day in the conditions that I am going to put you in for just a short period of time. *reaches out to massage the back of his head* You’ll do fine. Just have faith in yourself, ok?

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Seph: I’ll try my best.. *slowly nods his head, but doesn’t look any happier* I’ll go to bed then, and be well rested. You can go now, mother. *tries to push her off the bed*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jennah: *frowns at the way that Seph is shoving her and quickly moves to grip onto his hands* Stop that. I am not angry with you and am not punishing you. You were more than happy with your gift, you should be grateful that I trust you enough to have you go through this training so early in your life.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Seph: *frowns as his hands are grabbed and looks up at her* Yeah yeah, I get it, I’m going to be great and do well. I understand that you think I’m good enough to handle it. You also understand how I feel about it, so there’s nothing more to talk about. If I have to do it, then I will. But if I’m going to do it, I need sleep. I may as well start now.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jennah: *sighs at Sephiroth. Shaking her head at him, she moves to lie down on his bed and looks into his eyes* Fine, but let me make a proposal. In order to make you feel better, I’ll sleep with you for tonight so that you can have a good night’s rest. Does that sound agreeable? It’ll just be like old times.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Seph: *frowns at her for a moment, then lowers his head* Is there any way out of doing this training survival thing? You know how bad storms get out there sometimes. What if a hurricane comes? If I don’t find a cave and one of those blows up, forgive my language, but I’d be screwed. *looks back over to her once again, this time in a pleading manner* I don’t want to do it. I promise I’ll stop arguing with the teachers. I’ll do as I’m told, really.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jennah: *slowly shakes her head at Sephiroth. She slips under his covers and tries to nudge him into the sheets as well* I’ve told you several times already, this is not a punishment. This is preparation. *frowns at him* One day, Seph, I won’t be here to protect you. One day you’ll be on your own. I want to know that when that one day comes, you’ll be able to handle yourself. Do you understand? *pats his side* And there are no hurricanes brewing.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Seph: *moves under the covers, but makes a soft grumbling noise to himself as he does so* I understand it, but I still don’t want to go out there… Can’t I just take over the base and look after it after you’re gone?

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jennah: No, Seph. You won’t have a supply of food if you stay inside once I am no more. *Shakes her head* Anyway, if you pass this, you’ll be free to go wherever you want on the island. There will be no safety zones anymore. If you wanted to spend time on the beach, you could. *wraps her arms around his waist* Don’t you want that?

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Seph: *frowns* Yes, but… if you think I’m ready for it, can’t you just let me do it anyway? I’ll be alright… *curls up against her, placing his head down onto her chest* I want to go out on my own, but I’m just nervous. You’ve seen those big saurian creatures. I’m fast, but… I don’t want to be attacked. If I’m in a safe perimeter where nothing can get me, how am I supposed to catch food? I hope you know what you’re doing… *closes his eyes and tries to get to sleep*

Seferia
    Keymaster

Jennah: *shakes her head at Sephy’s comments and sighs, but decides to simply let him sleep. So, she remains at his side for the entirety of the evening, soon falling asleep herself. Once morning hits, Jenna wakes and wakes Sephy as well. Throughout the daytime, she coaches him on survival techniques such as how to effectively start a fire by clicking two rocks together and other miscellaneous tips. By the end of the day, Jenna places a headband around Sephiroth’s eyes in order to blindfold him and begins to lead him up the stairs* Do not worry yourself, Seph. You will do fine.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 1,126 total)
  • The topic ‘How to raise a Sephiroth: Survival training time’ is closed to new replies.