Objection! You do not have the right to be a god

Home Forums Kat + Seferia RolePlay Roleplay Forum Main RP Objection! You do not have the right to be a god

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 181 total)
  • Author
    Seferia
    Keymaster

Wesker never felt threatened by Kalysto’s lack of appreciation for his interest in the elf’s illness. The blond had erased both the elf’s records of his visit that day and his own presence in the hospital. Aside from the healing wound in Kalysto’s leg, there was absolutely no proof that Kalysto had even been in the hospital on the day in which his marrow had been extracted. Thus, Kalysto would have found it hard to put in any form of complaint against the tyrant.

Thus, the man contently returned to his laboratory to study the samples that he had gathered from the elf. The properties of the pathogen that the elf carried did interest him; however, he felt that it did not have the uses that both the Progenetor and Jenova samples contained.

So, after only a week of study, the man simply filed away the samples and set them into storage.

Meanwhile, it was nearing the end of August and the time in which the twins turned seventeen years of age. Seres cared little about her improved age, for she had already started her military career. However, her brother was a different story.

Dimitri had improved in his school work so much since he had started working alongside Edgeworth that he was about to enter law school. While the boy was not as young as Edgeworth had been, Dimitri had managed to start his schooling at an advanced pace.

Also, the winged boy had nearly completely abandoned his home with his family and moved in with Edgeworth. He preferred the silence in the lawyer’s estate, not to mention he liked the company.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Edgeworth dumped another stack of heavy looking leather-bound legal books on Dimitri’s working desk and stood over them, folding his arms as his attention drifted down towards his protégé. Although he wasn’t angry as all, his expression was still very stern. He had been playing a conversation in his mind for the last few hours and only now did he work out how to speak about it.

He tapped a finger against his arm and inclined his head slightly. “Dimitri,” He stated curtly, “Please stop for one moment and look at me.” His posture relaxed again, although not by much. “I know you have been working on this legal-study programme for a few years now.” He inhaled, sighing a moment later. “You are dedicated and persistent. That is why I have decided to enrol you in the only college on the main-island. There is normally a two-year waiting list, but I pulled some strings and your entrance examination is next week. You best be starting your study for it tomorrow morning.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Dimitri had gotten used to Edgeworth dumping books on his desk throughout the years in which he had known the man. So, the boy didn’t even flinch when the books thumped down. However, when Edgeworth spoke up, Dimitri blinked with confusion before he lifted his head up to attentively listen to the man.

At first, he just stared at the lawyer, uncertain of how to take the news. However, that did not last long. For, Dimitri got up from his chair and moved in to hug the smaller Edgeworth. Unfortunately for the lawyer, the boy had grown in his years of tutelage in more than one way. For, now, instead of being around chest-height, Dimitri stood a bit over six feet.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Edgeworth seemed a little perturbed when Dimitri came at him for a hug. But not for long. His stiffened posture slowly relaxed and he released a soft sigh from his lungs once squeezed. In the next moment, he had his arms around the taller male and gently patted his lower back.

“You deserve it.” He stated simply, and then released the other, withdrawing from the hug. “It will be up to you to arrange your living and accommodation with the college. Because the island is small, it would be feasible for you to commute from your house to the campus.”

He tapped his chin in thought. “You need driving lessons.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

“Driving lessons?” Dimitri slowly repeated. “Yea, I suppose I could use them…”

Dimitri took a few steps back in order to give the other man some space. He knew that Edgeworth was right about the driving suggestion. However, he had never enjoyed the feeling of being stuffed in a car. To date, he had not met a car seat that was very accomidating to his wingspan.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Edgeworth idly drummed the index fingers of his right hand on his upper left arm, both of them still folded. While not a habit of his as such, he seemed to do it quite often when he was thinking. “Yes,” He stated calmly, “Driving lessons. Unless you wish to live on the college property and I highly doubt that you are interested in that. Am I right?”

He already knew, and he didn’t wait for an answer. “You are to come vehicle shopping with me later this afternoon. We will buy one suitable for your requirements.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

“Vehicle shopping?” Dimitri stared at Edgeworth as if he had grown a second head. “But… I don’t know how to drive yet. Shouldn’t we wait until then to buy a car? I mean… That just sounds strange.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

“If you are going to learn how to drive a car, you are going to need one after you pass.” Edgeworth’s stern expression returned. “And you are going to pass – nobody in my department, or under my care has ever failed.”

“Furthermore,” He unfolded his arms and raised a hand, extending his left index finger while he spoke, “You will feel more comfortable if you are behind the wheel of the car you will eventually be driving. Thus, you are going to be learning in a car that we will purchase for you.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Dimtri frowned a bit at Edgeworth’s words. “Miles… You don’t exactly teach people how to drive. That… doesn’t really apply to what people under your department do.”

Dimitri shifted his wings a bit, for he knew that he probably had just stuck his foot in his mouth. Still, he wasn’t fully certain that Edgeworth really meant what he was saying.

“However, thank you for the suggestion of getting a car.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Miles gave the other a slight nod before inclining his head slightly, as if turning his nose up at the conversation. “I am not going to teach you how to drive, you are to have lessons under a proper driving-instructor. But… you are going to learn how to drive, one way or another. Your job will eventually require you to do so. That is a direction, not a suggestion.”

He waved his hand as if to dismiss the conversation entirely. “I suggest you do research, and look up vehicles. Find something that will suit you. I suggest a convertible with modifications to accommodate your wings.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

Dimitri heaved a sigh, knowing full well that he wasn’t going to talk Edgeworth out of his focused idea. At least the man was not trying to force him to fly, so he supposed that he could survive the endeavor.

“I’ll look into the cars, Miles. However, I really don’t know the first thing about them.. I don’t know what’s a good trait and what isn’t,” Dimitri consented.

Dimitri bit his lip before he looked back at his desk. Since he wasn’t too comfortable about the discussion over cars, he decided to change the subject.

“Has anything turned up in that elf’s assault case?”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

“You’re looking for something you can comfortably fit in – I would hope that comfort should be one of your highest priorities.” Edgeworth grumbled. “I will take you to an upmarket luxury car yard within the next few days. We may even have to import something. We will find something suitable.”

“As for the elf’s assault claims… we haven’t found anything at all.” He frowned heavily. “We investigated Albert Wesker’s documentation rather heavily, but we haven’t turned up with anything useful.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

“Absolutely nothing? So, you don’t think we’ll get anywhere in this case?” Dimitri queried. “I would think that we’d have some evidence to support the elf’s claim. He didn’t even know the name of the doctor that saw to him…”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Edgeworth released a heavy tired sigh. “Other than the evidence on the elf’s body that support his claims, no other witnesses were present. If this is indeed truth, we can’t prove it right now – the doctor who performed the non-consented surgery hid his tracks and evidence very well.”

He reached up to rub a hand through his hair, almost seeming irritated. “There is nothing to link the name he mentioned. It must have been somebody else.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

“I suppose you’re right, Miles. I have not seen you not be able to come up with evidence before. If he did indeed do something, I’m certain you would have found something by now,” Dimitri mused. “The elf just has to be mistaken.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Edgeworth sighed. “He isn’t mistaken, he has the evidence on his leg to support his claim. It just doesn’t hold water when it comes to the accused…” The Prosecuting Attorney shook his head in slight irritation and waved a hand as if to dismiss the conversation entirely.

“We’re getting off the subject.” His tone became stiff once more. “Your next task is to use the computer and read up about vehicles. Find yourself a car that is adequate for your needs. A convertible model will make things easier in regards to transporting yourself around with those large wings.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

“I…,” Dimitri started before glancing to the side. “I really don’t know much about cars, Miles. I wouldn’t know the first thing about what to look for concerning one of them. What makes a car good?”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Edgeworth lowered his head slightly and sighed. “You need a practical car that will accommodate your wings and your lifestyle – in your situation, you would want a convertible, and something reasonably small to suit the fact that you are only transporting yourself and some minor work-material.”

“You also cannot get something too powerful in the beginning,” He continued, “For when you are learning, you need to know how the car behaves.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

“Yea, you keep on mentioning the convertible thing,” Dimitri muttered. “I suppose I get the idea of what you’re suggesting there. Umm… We don’t need to rush this, right? I mean, I can look later, right?”

Elsewhere on the island, a cloaked figure strolled into Kalysto’s “herbal” recipees shop. The figure’s clothing was tight enough to give away that it was a petite female. However, her head was concealed by the shadows of her hood. After a quick glance around the shop, she strolled over to a corner to look over the goods.

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

At that current moment in time, Holly was managing the shop-front. She was used to seeing all-manner of strange people come into the Potion and Alchemic Supplies shop by now, and so when the cloaked figure stepped inside, she didn’t even bat an eyelid.

“If you need any help,” She said with a friendly grin on her face, “Please ask me! The boss isn’t here right now, though. He’s out tending to the plants.”

Edgeworth slowly shook his head. “No,” He said tiredly, “We do not have to rush this process at all. The point is for you to have a car that you like, and one that does what you need. However, please do some research. You asked me what you need, and I’ve told you multiple times now. Focus!”

Seferia
    Keymaster

The cloaked woman tilted her head toward Holly for a brief moment. “I did not address you. Do not presume that I require anything from you when I have not even acknowledged you. Now, be gone. I will call for you or your boss if I need such assistance.”

Dimitri’s wings puffed a bit at the tone of Edgeworth’s words. “I am focusing, Miles. However, I’m not ready to buy a car. I heard you quite clearly. You think I need a convertible. Ok. I get it.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

Holly sighed and resumed tidying behind the desk. “I just told you that the boss isn’t here. But if you need my help, ask for it. Until then, look around and enjoy yourself.” She picked up a broom and began sweeping.

“Good.” Edgeworth frowned heavily. “So what are you waiting for? Go get your notebook computer and do some research. I really don’t care how much you end up spending on the vehicle either, so long as it is practical for your needs.”

Seferia
    Keymaster

The woman gave Holly a steely glare, though most of her expression was hidden by the shadows of her hood. Overall, she did not feel like Holly had the right to speak to her. However, given that the other woman had backed off, the cloaked figure simply returned to her browsing. After a few more moments, she decided to step outside to the garden in back so that she could inspect the plants out there.

Dimitri pressed his lips together, since he was feeling rather frustrated now. “Sir, I do not really want to research a car right now… I had other plans for tonight.”

Kat Aclysm
    Keymaster

“Other… plans…?” Edgeworth raised both eyebrows in inquisition. He had been taken by surprise – Dimitri never had plans. The boy didn’t have much of a social life ither, at least to his knowledge. “Tell me more,” He quickly countered, before the silent pause became too long. “What do you have planned this evening?”

Holly sighed as she watched the other female dissapear into the back garden. She really should have been going out there to tell the other that the plants out the back were not ready for sale just yet, but as long as they weren’t touched or damaged, she didn’t see any harm in her browsing.

Seferia
    Keymaster

Dimitri stiffened up a bit as Edgeworth pressed him about his plans. He didn’t understand why this car thing was so important all of the sudden.

“My sister… She wanted to meet up with me tonight. I should think that would be something that is more than a good plan,” the boy grumbled out.

The woman walked through the plants for a few moments before she bent down to cleanly slice a leaf off of one of the herbs. Once the leaf was freed, she pressed it against her fingers to examine it more closely.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 181 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.